Next Expac

> @"Mikali.9651" said:

> I don't know when the next expansion will be (maybe January 2020?), but I am not so sure that the GW2 can last for longer than the next expansion. It seems to me that once we are done with the last dragon, there is no more Lore to have. I mean there is, but not in terms of a danger. We as characters are basically smarter and stronger than Gods and Dragons. I doubt there is anything more dangerous than them.

>

> Another problem is a huge number of maps combined with mounts. It will be harder and harder to make new maps, they have to be large because of mounts (unless they nerf them with new game mechanics in new maps), which basically means less quality. At least I do not think that any PoF and LS maps after PoF expansion have any real gameplay quality and replayability. They are nice to look at, that's about it.

>

> That being said, if I combine these points, I come to the conclusion that GW2 will have more and more problems as the time goes. A lot of resources (time and money) will be put just into making large maps because of mounts, and the story will be more of a filler because there are not any more dangerous creatures left to fight after dragons. Unless they do, for me, a smart thing and let dragons win, destroying the balance of magic and nerfing our character.

>

> I think that it would be a smart thing to think about making GW3, doing the timeshift again. 100 years before our time, or 1000 years before our time, or again 200 years in the future. And get rid of Gods and Dragons as enemies, those are too powerful beings to base the game on. I would rather have more personal, flesh and bones enemies.

>

> GW2 is beautiful and all, but they went too far, too fast, too big for it to live for more than 1 or 2 more expansions.

>

> Everything is my opinion.

We kinda already done now with dragons since we don't kill them anymore. I guess we need extract the magic of that branded one and after that we only make friends with dragons.

Protect them from evils who want steal their energy

I wanna add when gw2 was released the devs where talking about how they wanted to make gw2 like a tv show game with the living world. They mentioned game of throne. The story road map of gw2 I believe is already planned for years and my guess is dragons stay the main point since we will become dragon rider in the next xpax (how to train ur dragon)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic