Just got mes to 80 - Need gear/spec advice

XxTunasXp.6397

I bought a set of exotic rampagers gear for around 5 gold for mirage. Not sure what I should be doing to get better gear after this.

Should I buy a exotic gear set for chrono and what stats are good for pve?

There is just so much stuff to do and I don't know where to start, I still have a lot of story to do so maybe their, but I'm wondering how I should be gearing.

There's a lot of ways to go with mesmer, because it has a lot of top tier builds. But, for new players I would pick the following order:

(1)Full set of Berserker Gear. This is for DPS chronomancer. While DPS chronos aren't in super high demand for most content, it is important to be able to kill things, and do it fast. The faster you kill things, the faster you get money, the faster you can afford more sets. Also, the berserker set is the core for the support hybrid.

(2)Parts of Commander's. If you hybrid Berserker Armor with Commander's Trinkets and Weapons, you'll get the meta support chrono build. This one is the most in demand build for... everywhere in the game.

(3)Full set of Viper's Gear. This is for DPS mirage. I say to go for the condi set last, mostly because it is harder to use the condi builds in most places of the game. However, in raids the mirage is still pretty good. If you only have mirage and don't have chronomancer, you'll want to get the full set of viper's first.

(4): Full set of Minstrels. This is for a special occasion: the chronomancer raid tank. This is only used in raids, so you'll only want to pick this set up if you plan to do a lot of raiding, and also plan to be the tank while doing so.

I would add the best thing to do is start collecting ascended accessories. Those coupled with exotic gear isn't that far behind a full set of ascended gear, and accessories can be passed around all of your characters. Other than weapons, accessories are the most useful to an account. You can get trinkets, rings, etc from a mix of LS3 maps, farming their currencies, and using laurels you obtain naturally through daily logins.

Doing this will allow you a lot of leeway with builds, since buying exotics is fairly cheap. The only thing you wouldn't be able to do is higher fractals (until you obtain ascended armor for agony resistance). I would still follow Blood's path for gearing. Go for berserker first, then condi, though viper's accessories aren't available through laurels.