Theme music

First I want to say that this is not meant to disrespect any composer of the music I am about to critique. That being said....

Does anyone else notice a difference in the quality of music over the main game and expansions. In the main game it had a few nice tracks, but char theme was deff the best IMO. So a decent track overall. Now get to the games first expansion HOT. Just listening to the HOT theme lets you know this track is going to be hot. Every track in HOT was good. I cant think of a bad one. Now lets get to our current expansion..... POFs music is beyond forgettable.... Just compare the POF theme to the HOT theme to notice a significant downgrade in the quality. Its almost like elevator music(POF) versus an orchestra(HOT). Did they just run out of budget or what? Anyone else notice this?

Well, there is the fantasy to it. HoT music's goal is to paint a vivid chaotic jungle where there is something happening at every moment. PoF music and the maps themselves seem to focusing more on exploration and stuff. So it is sort of expected? But when you look at the Balthazar fight theme for example there is the movement and tension that made the HoT themes great. Another thing is that Meta events where everything happened played a much larger role in HoT, which (sadly) got moved into the background in PoF. There is also a matter of taste. That said, I loved HoT's songs way more than PoF's. So yeah, there is that.

> @"Cregath.7628" said:

> Well, there is the fantasy to it. HoT music's goal is to paint a vivid chaotic jungle where there is something happening at every moment. PoF music and the maps themselves seem to focusing more on exploration and stuff. So it is sort of expected? But when you look at the Balthazar fight theme for example there is the movement and tension that made the HoT themes great. Another thing is that Meta events where everything happened played a much larger role in HoT, which (sadly) got moved into the background in PoF. There is also a matter of taste. That said, I loved HoT's songs way more than PoF's. So yeah, there is that.

I totally agree with what you said. Now not all the music in POF was lame, but the vast majority of it was. IMO ofcourse. I just wanted to see what other players thought. Game music is very important to me. Just try to imagine any great game you have ever played without the music to go with it. Imagine aerith's death scene in ff7 without the theme playing.