Melding with your pet shouldn't revive it

Nuka Cola.8520

> @"ChartFish.1308" said:

> Beastmode is on a 10 second cooldown, *please* . For anyone trying to make a point, saying it's 8 seconds will discredit you quite a bit because it sounds like you *don't know the ranger well enough to know a basic cooldown* . You'll come off as 'i got beat by a ranger and i'm here to whine' even if you have a solid point.

>

> 10 seconds

> Thx.

Huge difference.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > @"ChartFish.1308" said:

> > Beastmode is on a 10 second cooldown, *please* . For anyone trying to make a point, saying it's 8 seconds will discredit you quite a bit because it sounds like you *don't know the ranger well enough to know a basic cooldown* . You'll come off as 'i got beat by a ranger and i'm here to whine' even if you have a solid point.

> >

> > 10 seconds

> > Thx.

>

> Huge difference.

Don't give me that. It'd be fine if there was a way to have a reduced CD of 8 seconds, but there isn't, so you're simply using wrong information that makes you look like you dont know what you're talking about.

You seem like a reasonable person who doesnt just think 'hurrdurr OP nerf ples', but it's like saying muddy terrain has pulsing imobil. It's wrong and makes you look clueless :|

> @"ChartFish.1308" said:

> Beastmode is on a 10 second cooldown, *please* . For anyone trying to make a point, saying it's 8 seconds will discredit you quite a bit because it sounds like you *don't know the ranger well enough to know a basic cooldown* . You'll come off as 'i got beat by a ranger and i'm here to whine' even if you have a solid point.

>

> 10 seconds

> Thx.

Thank you i was just gonna say that.

While I don't agree with the OP completely, he does raises some interesting points which also bothered me for sometime now. A.net drastically changed the pet self survivability aspect over the years. In PVE for example we had to go with drakes and trait for extra survivability, if we wanted the pet to live. Since then, most of the pet survivability traits were cut out, pet health scaling got changed making pets close to immortal on PVE and the Soulbeast mechanic gave a solution for rangers in PvP and in WvW (where this was always a very big issue, pets dying in 1 sec). It will be reasonable to say that the all self survivability aspect of the pets is an outdated mechanic. The game changed a during the years but the pets(especially the original set of pets) kinda stayed the same. Druids and Core - rangers still struggle with the pet self survivability aspect in WvW and in PvP. For example, A.net keep nerfing smokescale but one of the reasons this pet is so popular is due to it's survivability capabilities. I remember wanting to create a druid GS remorseless build with tiger. It could have been a cool build if the tiger could survive more than 5 sec on point while in team fight.

I think it's time reevaluate this concept and adjust the pet health scaling for both pvp and WvW(like they do in PVE). It is kinda strange that a soulbeast can meld and revive a dead pet without any penalty, I don't think it should be able to do it. Also, while we'r on the smokescale topic, this pet should be changed to versatile over ferocious. Not only this is our only true versatile pet, this pet is mostly nerfed for druids/core-rangers while giving the soulbeast the best Beastmode kit and the option to produce tons of the stealth as extra utility. Giving it the ferocious stats while not even being a "ferocious" pet, just making this pet the only option soulbeast will take as a main pet.

Yes op raised a point which was fine by itself, I'm sure no one here can really disagree with that. But as pets are rarely touched for the betterment of the ranger/soulbeast it just makes things come off poorly at best. If we had any hope at all to see our pets change for the better then this topic would be simply agreed with as we would know ArenaNet would change things for the better. But as that's clearly not been the case as we've seen up until this point this topic just comes off as another "nerf ranger pets" thread even if that wasn't the intention when it was created.

So yes I can agree with the very drastic difference upon reviving a pet between core/druid and soulbeast. But how could I ever in any shape or form say that it needs to be changed with the current state that pets are in.