[AIR] Weaver boom boom meteor video

Ele can be a lot of fun, although not my preferred class for wvw. Most staff skills are kind of broken in wvw, since the wall attacks can only hit spaces where people can walk, so you basically get double hits for everything on a wall due to the radius reduction on top of the wall. Videos are always (almost always) fun to watch, so thanks.

You asked for feedback. I'm sorry if this is rude, but overall this is bad ele gameplay.

Some notes : don't use healing signet on staff builds, it's bad. It's the lowest healing skill of all heals you can choose. Glyph and ether renewal are better.

I did not see many good arcana procs. If you're using it purely for the DPS rather than spike / burst / catch potential then it's not even worthwhile. You'd gain more from overall DPS uptime; which you severely lack.

I did not see a single good "storm". At some point i saw a half decent storm and it was cast in water...

Meanwhile your rotation is slow, you're not abusing fire autos or your filler skills properly and your dps uptime is questionable. Full zerk and fire signet; lol. If someone breathes in your direction you're dead.

Most of these fights are fights where the enemy is pushing into your structures, or through chokes. This makes your life as ele insanely easy. Enemies have limited space, and you have a lot of space to freecast from. I think in either open field or when forced to push yourself, you'd die repeatedly. The enemies are also disorganised pugs, and despite your group not bubbling or wellbombing them you're hitting players who don't know what toughness or protection means.

Meteo'ing pugs isn't good gameplay by itself. Good gameplay requires you to play well. And in my opinion, in each of these fights, you can do considerably more than what you did. And these are fights that went well. No offence but against stronger groups you'll literally get 100-0'd and be useless past first meteo.

I'm convinced I can run 3x defensive utilities, a better heal, 50% more HP and still provide more DPS for my group.

See :

> @"Etheri.5406" said:

> You asked for feedback. I'm sorry if this is rude, but overall this is bad ele gameplay.

>

> Some notes : don't use healing signet on staff builds, it's bad. It's the lowest healing skill of all heals you can choose. Glyph and ether renewal are better.

> I did not see many good arcana procs. If you're using it purely for the DPS rather than spike / burst / catch potential then it's not even worthwhile. You'd gain more from overall DPS uptime; which you severely lack.

> I did not see a single good "storm". At some point i saw a half decent storm and it was cast in water...

>

> Meanwhile your rotation is slow, you're not abusing fire autos or your filler skills properly and your dps uptime is questionable. Full zerk and fire signet; lol. If someone breathes in your direction you're dead.

>

> Most of these fights are fights where the enemy is pushing into your structures, or through chokes. This makes your life as ele insanely easy. Enemies have limited space, and you have a lot of space to freecast from. I think in either open field or when forced to push yourself, you'd die repeatedly. The enemies are also disorganised pugs, and despite your group not bubbling or wellbombing them you're hitting players who don't know what toughness or protection means.

>

> Meteo'ing pugs isn't good gameplay by itself. Good gameplay requires you to play well. And in my opinion, in each of these fights, you can do considerably more than what you did. And these are fights that went well. No offence but against stronger groups you'll literally get 100-0'd and be useless past first meteo.

>

> I'm convinced I can run 3x defensive utilities, a better heal, 50% more HP and still provide more DPS for my group.

> See :

follow me, I know da wae

That build wouldn't work very well on EU. Also, the opponent team played very badly, eating the wall bomb for no reason and not pushing on you when they should. Healing signet is the worst heal for staff ele duo to the slow casting time. Your build lack the utlilites required for an agressive playstyle, and therfore forced to stick close twith the tag instead.

> @"Etheri.5406" said:

> You asked for feedback. I'm sorry if this is rude, but overall this is bad ele gameplay.

>

> Some notes : don't use healing signet on staff builds, it's bad. It's the lowest healing skill of all heals you can choose. Glyph and ether renewal are better.

> I did not see many good arcana procs. If you're using it purely for the DPS rather than spike / burst / catch potential then it's not even worthwhile. You'd gain more from overall DPS uptime; which you severely lack.

> I did not see a single good "storm". At some point i saw a half decent storm and it was cast in water...

>

> Meanwhile your rotation is slow, you're not abusing fire autos or your filler skills properly and your dps uptime is questionable. Full zerk and fire signet; lol. If someone breathes in your direction you're dead.

>

> Most of these fights are fights where the enemy is pushing into your structures, or through chokes. This makes your life as ele insanely easy. Enemies have limited space, and you have a lot of space to freecast from. I think in either open field or when forced to push yourself, you'd die repeatedly. The enemies are also disorganised pugs, and despite your group not bubbling or wellbombing them you're hitting players who don't know what toughness or protection means.

>

> Meteo'ing pugs isn't good gameplay by itself. Good gameplay requires you to play well. And in my opinion, in each of these fights, you can do considerably more than what you did. And these are fights that went well. No offence but against stronger groups you'll literally get 100-0'd and be useless past first meteo.

>

> I'm convinced I can run 3x defensive utilities, a better heal, 50% more HP and still provide more DPS for my group.

> See :

Quick question: How did you have such good boon uptime, especially might? What can be done, from both you and the supports' perspective, to ensure you always have necessary boons?

> @"Timelord.8190" said:

> That build wouldn't work very well on EU. Also, the opponent team played very badly, eating the wall bomb for no reason and not pushing on you when they should. Healing signet is the worst heal for staff ele duo to the slow casting time. Your build lack the utlilites required for an agressive playstyle, and therfore forced to stick close twith the tag instead.

I go as offensive as possible for the sake of generating as much damage pressure as I can during each fight. The healing signet started as a way to maintain scholar rune uptime when I ran those 4-5 months ago, and it just sort of stuck as I didn't have to spend time manually healing very often. (Even though getting lit with conditions is scary) It's certainly true that I couldn't get away with some of this on EU server, or just even in general. I've found that my guild is the only group I've been able to pull off constant aggression with the build I run, as I've been working with my guild leader for almost 2 years now, and (usually) know how far I can push the build, and as such my guild plays specifically around enabling that damage, from me and whoever else plays ele/necro. So I guess the general response I get of "this isn't how you're supposed to play weaver" is correct, but it's how I play, and I'm grateful to those who appreciate that :)

I think he meant "how was the video?", not "show me your epeen". :P Seriously though, as long as your team wins the fight you played well enough... we all play differently and some get more done not using the perfect rotation, meta, skills etc.. IMO your targeting was really good after the first couple of fights.

In regards to the video editing and such, (if that IS what you asked about) it's really good... obviously you put time into it.

Z

> @"idolin.2831" said:

> > @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > You asked for feedback. I'm sorry if this is rude, but overall this is bad ele gameplay.

> >

> > Some notes : don't use healing signet on staff builds, it's bad. It's the lowest healing skill of all heals you can choose. Glyph and ether renewal are better.

> > I did not see many good arcana procs. If you're using it purely for the DPS rather than spike / burst / catch potential then it's not even worthwhile. You'd gain more from overall DPS uptime; which you severely lack.

> > I did not see a single good "storm". At some point i saw a half decent storm and it was cast in water...

> >

> > Meanwhile your rotation is slow, you're not abusing fire autos or your filler skills properly and your dps uptime is questionable. Full zerk and fire signet; lol. If someone breathes in your direction you're dead.

> >

> > Most of these fights are fights where the enemy is pushing into your structures, or through chokes. This makes your life as ele insanely easy. Enemies have limited space, and you have a lot of space to freecast from. I think in either open field or when forced to push yourself, you'd die repeatedly. The enemies are also disorganised pugs, and despite your group not bubbling or wellbombing them you're hitting players who don't know what toughness or protection means.

> >

> > Meteo'ing pugs isn't good gameplay by itself. Good gameplay requires you to play well. And in my opinion, in each of these fights, you can do considerably more than what you did. And these are fights that went well. No offence but against stronger groups you'll literally get 100-0'd and be useless past first meteo.

> >

> > I'm convinced I can run 3x defensive utilities, a better heal, 50% more HP and still provide more DPS for my group.

> > See :

>

> Quick question: How did you have such good boon uptime, especially might? What can be done, from both you and the supports' perspective, to ensure you always have necessary boons?

pyromancers puissance + strength runes (+ arcana) lets you solo stack 25 might. It isn't about FIRE skills; but about skills cast while in fire. If you use air 2 then swap to fire before the cast finishes, you get 2 might. Lightning flash, your heal, literally any skill will give you 2 might. Unless your party maintains 20+ might consistently, i value this might more than 2 extra lavafont ticks.

In the video the rev and general other members are buffing us too; but 15-20 stacks are my own. If you want them on engage you can prestack which our eles are doing in some of the videos.

> @"epiclyawesome.8390" said:

> > @"Timelord.8190" said:

> > That build wouldn't work very well on EU. Also, the opponent team played very badly, eating the wall bomb for no reason and not pushing on you when they should. Healing signet is the worst heal for staff ele duo to the slow casting time. Your build lack the utlilites required for an agressive playstyle, and therfore forced to stick close twith the tag instead.

>

> I go as offensive as possible for the sake of generating as much damage pressure as I can during each fight. The healing signet started as a way to maintain scholar rune uptime when I ran those 4-5 months ago, and it just sort of stuck as I didn't have to spend time manually healing very often. (Even though getting lit with conditions is scary) It's certainly true that I couldn't get away with some of this on EU server, or just even in general. I've found that my guild is the only group I've been able to pull off constant aggression with the build I run, as I've been working with my guild leader for almost 2 years now, and (usually) know how far I can push the build, and as such my guild plays specifically around enabling that damage, from me and whoever else plays ele/necro. So I guess the general response I get of "this isn't how you're supposed to play weaver" is correct, but it's how I play, and I'm grateful to those who appreciate that :)

I think it's very fair to adapt your build and playstyle to the style your group enjoys playing. Yet I still think several of the choices made are questionable.

> @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > @"idolin.2831" said:

> > > @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > > You asked for feedback. I'm sorry if this is rude, but overall this is bad ele gameplay.

> > >

> > > Some notes : don't use healing signet on staff builds, it's bad. It's the lowest healing skill of all heals you can choose. Glyph and ether renewal are better.

> > > I did not see many good arcana procs. If you're using it purely for the DPS rather than spike / burst / catch potential then it's not even worthwhile. You'd gain more from overall DPS uptime; which you severely lack.

> > > I did not see a single good "storm". At some point i saw a half decent storm and it was cast in water...

> > >

> > > Meanwhile your rotation is slow, you're not abusing fire autos or your filler skills properly and your dps uptime is questionable. Full zerk and fire signet; lol. If someone breathes in your direction you're dead.

> > >

> > > Most of these fights are fights where the enemy is pushing into your structures, or through chokes. This makes your life as ele insanely easy. Enemies have limited space, and you have a lot of space to freecast from. I think in either open field or when forced to push yourself, you'd die repeatedly. The enemies are also disorganised pugs, and despite your group not bubbling or wellbombing them you're hitting players who don't know what toughness or protection means.

> > >

> > > Meteo'ing pugs isn't good gameplay by itself. Good gameplay requires you to play well. And in my opinion, in each of these fights, you can do considerably more than what you did. And these are fights that went well. No offence but against stronger groups you'll literally get 100-0'd and be useless past first meteo.

> > >

> > > I'm convinced I can run 3x defensive utilities, a better heal, 50% more HP and still provide more DPS for my group.

> > > See :

> >

> > Quick question: How did you have such good boon uptime, especially might? What can be done, from both you and the supports' perspective, to ensure you always have necessary boons?

>

> pyromancers puissance + strength runes (+ arcana) lets you solo stack 25 might. It isn't about FIRE skills; but about skills cast while in fire. If you use air 2 then swap to fire before the cast finishes, you get 2 might. Lightning flash, your heal, literally any skill will give you 2 might. Unless your party maintains 20+ might consistently, i value this might more than 2 extra lavafont ticks.

>

> In the video the rev and general other members are buffing us too; but 15-20 stacks are my own. If you want them on engage you can prestack which our eles are doing in some of the videos.

>

>

> > @"epiclyawesome.8390" said:

> > > @"Timelord.8190" said:

> > > That build wouldn't work very well on EU. Also, the opponent team played very badly, eating the wall bomb for no reason and not pushing on you when they should. Healing signet is the worst heal for staff ele duo to the slow casting time. Your build lack the utlilites required for an agressive playstyle, and therfore forced to stick close twith the tag instead.

> >

> > I go as offensive as possible for the sake of generating as much damage pressure as I can during each fight. The healing signet started as a way to maintain scholar rune uptime when I ran those 4-5 months ago, and it just sort of stuck as I didn't have to spend time manually healing very often. (Even though getting lit with conditions is scary) It's certainly true that I couldn't get away with some of this on EU server, or just even in general. I've found that my guild is the only group I've been able to pull off constant aggression with the build I run, as I've been working with my guild leader for almost 2 years now, and (usually) know how far I can push the build, and as such my guild plays specifically around enabling that damage, from me and whoever else plays ele/necro. So I guess the general response I get of "this isn't how you're supposed to play weaver" is correct, but it's how I play, and I'm grateful to those who appreciate that :)

>

> I think it's very fair to adapt your build and playstyle to the style your group enjoys playing. Yet I still think several of the choices made are questionable.

Wait, so you run Fire/Arcane/Weaver specs?

@"Shagaliscious.6281"

fire 312 arcana 233 weaver.

pretty much the build on ez.gw2discord.eu or builds.piken.eu. Looking at my party i don't see what else i'd run; fury uptime is decent so arcana is plain better than air for me. Looking at overall damage i also tend to hit people above 50% rather than below, too.

> @"Etheri.5406" said:

> @"Shagaliscious.6281"

>

> fire 312 arcana 233 weaver.

>

> pretty much the build on ez.gw2discord.eu or builds.piken.eu. Looking at my party i don't see what else i'd run; fury uptime is decent so arcana is plain better than air for me. Looking at overall damage i also tend to hit people above 50% rather than below, too.

Interesting. I will have to test this out. I run the same fire traits as well, but the dps increase per boon from arcane seems like it could make up for the loss of bolt to the heart.