sPVP as thief

Smety.5379

So i normally play S/D core thief in conquest. The games i play go either really really smooth or super bad. When i play i try to constantly decap points and +1 in fights while taking advantage of my mobility. Howerver, sometimes i find it really hard to pick +1 fights and when that happens the game goes terribly wrong. Is that my fault (which could be the best scenario here as i can influence that and get better) or can it be caused by my team? This mostly happens when the enemy team has atleast one guy who rotates fast on far and mid and renewing my decaps paired with one more guy sitting on our close where i mostly can't 1v1 him. Now, theoreticaly we should be now 5v4 at mid while i am having more movement then the enemy rotator making it then 4v3 mid but we usually loose the game anyway - sometimes i get caught decaping far making the decap not succesfull, could this be the thing making us loose the match? Thanks for any tips for this scenario.

> @"Smety.5379" said:

> Howerver, sometimes i find it really hard to pick +1 fights and when that happens the game goes terribly wrong. Is that my fault (which could be the best scenario here as i can influence that and get better) or can it be caused by my team? This mostly happens when the enemy team has atleast one guy who rotates fast on far and mid and renewing my decaps paired with one more guy sitting on our close where i mostly can't 1v1 him. Now, theoreticaly we should be now 5v4 at mid while i am having more movement then the enemy rotator making it then 4v3 mid but we usually loose the game anyway - sometimes i get caught decaping far making the decap not succesfull, could this be the thing making us loose the match? Thanks for any tips for this scenario.

Sometimes you'll come into situations where the enemy realizes that you are playing thief properly and one of them will camp the far point. Usually it's either going to be guarded by a ranger, a druid or a scourge. Try your best to avoid these situations because a glass cannon profession like the thief fighting against bunkers is going to last for years and it's not worth wasting the time trying to decap.

In general, try to take advantage of players who are not defending their capture point. Don't use Basilisk Venom whenever it's off cooldown, but instead save it for when the enemy has noticed you trying to decap it, activate Basilisk Venom and stun them so you'll have enough time to get the decap and get out of there. If the enemy is defending far, don't go there and stay with your teammates defending close and mid.

I would share my buidl for pvp as thief.

basic core condi DD stats with exception of these two = in deadly arts i use Trapers respite and in Trickery i use Bountiful theft

playing d/d + sb healing skill = Channel vigor utilities 1 spider poison, 2 needle trap, 3 trap wire , elite impact strike

with this i am able to kick ass pretty well

i am playin it carrion amulet + rune of krate

pretty easy to play you have perma evades and ppl are really pissed off when they step on one of 3 traps that you simply place along combat when you got time. Also the withdraw is a good healing skill because it lays trap as you land at the end of a roll and if some dumb SB is gonna follow you he steps right into it allowing you to start dancing around him with giving him plenty conditions.

ppl hate me for this

But it isn't stupid if it is working.