So, about those new Volatile gathering tools.

I dunno if there's already been another thread talking about this, but could there be any possibility that those of us with Unbound Magic Gathering tools could have some way to... I dunno, transfer them to Volatile Magic ones?

Unbound Magic has been pretty unprofitable for a while now, compared to Volatile which can pretty much always pull a profit from shipments. Pre-Path of Fire the tools were fine, but now that Volatile Magic is king now, the tools honestly do feel useless now, with thousands upon thousands of Unbound Magic stacking up in my wallet. I mean, in reality, we all knew these new Volatile tools would be coming, but I was kinda hoping there'd be an option for those of us with the old tools to do a switcheroo or something. I know having them would be nice, but I also reeeeeally don't feel like dropping 35 dollars on something that'll be rendered useless whenever the next currency of the month comes up. ESPECIALLY considering that I already did drop the money to get the Unbound ones in the first place.

At the very least, could we at least have some way to convert excess Unbound Magic into Volatile? Not 1 to 1, obviously, but maybe 1 Volatile for every 10 or 100 Unbound?

Obviously, I know that it's highly unlikely for something like that to be implemented but, y'know, it'd still be nice.

Again, as I responded in the other thread - we're dealing with enforced redundancy.

It's not a good thing.

Sure, we can justify the decision based on lore, but that would be foolish.

A new map does not have to have a new currency. It only does because Anet deems it so.

But really, the crux of the matter is -- Anet sold tools for Unbound Magic. And they introduced a new currency and set of tools to take advantage of it.

It's an obvious system designed to make money at the expense of the consumer. Which is fine and lets just be clear.

Placing bets on the next tool/magic resource! Integral Magic? Refined? Shadow!

The opportunities for generating revenue are endless.

> @"infrequentia.3465" said:

> you had a full year to enjoy unbound gathering. you still do

>

> it will take another year before the next currency comes .

>

> no you won't be able to change . just like you are not able to change other infinite tools to unbound

Insider knowledge has spoken!

From an AMA:

_We don’t currently have any plans to convert unbound magic into volatile magic. We want to make sure that the rewards are tied to the content, while using unbound magic or providing a conversion both makes the rewards available without having to play the new content, as well as making imbalanced farming locations like Bitterfrost Frontier feel like it’s required to be efficient for earning season 4 rewards as well._