Aquatic weapons to land weapons

Hey there,

To premise, this is more or less a theoretical discussion on future additions to the core classes rather than as E specs.

For example; the warrior has two weapons - spear and spear gun. A gladiator E spec would add the trident as its weapon to the list.

I came back for a little post aquatic weapons buff and am back once more for the beetle (Petey is rad).

I have found myself digging into the gw2 wiki seeking synergies and stumbled across a rather common thought for those whom have played consistently/far more than me.

How would aquatic weapons work if they were amphibious/or have a set of skills to be used on land.

The spear - an ancient weapon by our standards fits such a niche perfectly.

Taking a look at the guardian's spear skills and one could quite easily use it and have a reason to do so - with the only exception being a change to the 5; perhaps being a knock down or stun instead.

Thus, core guardian and future E specs gain access to another weapon - perhaps similar to both greatsword and hammer; but different enough to see it used for its niche.

Aesthetically, weapons wouldn't need much of a change to be brought on land - the spear gun, one may seek for it to look like a cross bow for greater difference between it and the rifle

Animations wise things are far different as some abilities will need a straight up change along with the animation change from swimming to running.

What class(es) weapons do you think would work well as a straight additional to terrestrial warfare?

Are there any particular abilities that would shine on land if they were adapted to it?

Which weapon(s) would need a greater change or tweak to be useable on land in order to create greater change in how a class plays?

If such a thing were to occur, what aquatic weapon - now terrestrial weapon - would you main/use more often?

Thank you for reading,

-Phyrak