Returning Player looking for some help.

Hey guys I am looking to come back the game after 5 ish years away, I originally left due to lack of PvE endgame, farming fractals to the point where agony would 3 hit you wasn't really my idea of endgame. I am unsure which expansions you need to play the current endgame and I was hoping people on the forums could give some insight into the current endgame/state of the game I have seen the raids and it looks like a huge improvement.

I would say you definately want Path of Fire first, because that gives access to mounts and they are absolutely fantastic. I feel no game has ever done mounts this well. Heart of Thorns gives access to the glider which lets you glide off from high up without killing you. Both are just damn awesome.

As for end-game state I've no idea as I only just came back too but this time actually loving it. So, there are my 2 cents.

> @"Wintermist.2935" said:

> I would say you definately want Path of Fire first, because that gives access to mounts and they are absolutely fantastic. I feel no game has ever done mounts this well. Heart of Thorns gives access to the glider which lets you glide off from high up without killing you. Both are just kitten awesome.

>

> As for end-game state I've no idea as I only just came back too but this time actually loving it. So, there are my 2 cents.

Path of fire mounts are definitely nice and the content is much more easy to solo in POF as well. As far as gear for raids goes, I've heard metabattle and snowcrows are both excellent locations to look for builds. Crafting ascended or fractals are two good ways to get ascended. Hope that helps!!

My own perspective on your question is probably different from yours. First of all most of the raids are in Heart of Thorns. That may change over time, but for now, if you want to raid, that's the expansion you need.

That said, this game isn't really designed around a raiding/instanced end game. The end game if this game is not traditional and if that's all your interested in, it's unlikely raids will come out fast enough to keep you playing long term. Raids are part of playing the game, but collections (and other achievements), legendary crafting and farming various meta event chains are the rest of end game.

People who play the game more casually and holistically, or at least those who are involved in my different types of end game, in my opinion, enjoy the game more than people who only want to raid or only want to play the most difficult content.

Fractals have changed significantly, btw, and in my opinion they're much better than they used to be. Plus some fractals have challenge motes that are like a hard mode. Definitely worth checking them out.