Today in being a GW2 customer:

> @"ChronosCosmos.9450" said:

> > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > Happens in every multiplayer game...

>

>

That also happens in every multiplayer game. Players tell the devs how to do their jobs and players tell eachother how to play the game, nothing new there.

> @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > @"ChronosCosmos.9450" said:

> > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > Happens in every multiplayer game...

> >

> >

>

> That also happens in every multiplayer game. Players tell the devs how to do their jobs and players tell eachother how to play the game, nothing new there.

Giving constructive criticism =/= telling someone how to do their job.

> @"Windu The Forbidden One.6045" said:

> > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > @"ChronosCosmos.9450" said:

> > > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > Happens in every multiplayer game...

> > >

> > >

> >

> > That also happens in every multiplayer game. Players tell the devs how to do their jobs and players tell eachother how to play the game, nothing new there.

>

> Giving constructive criticism =/= telling someone how to do their job.

Don't try to sugar coat it, it's not always constructive.

> @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > @"Windu The Forbidden One.6045" said:

> > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > @"ChronosCosmos.9450" said:

> > > > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > > Happens in every multiplayer game...

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > That also happens in every multiplayer game. Players tell the devs how to do their jobs and players tell eachother how to play the game, nothing new there.

> >

> > Giving constructive criticism =/= telling someone how to do their job.

>

> Don't try to sugar coat it, it's not always constructive.

But this time it was.

I'm not sugar coating anything, I'm merely stating a fact. We are not talking about other cases where people criticised game devs, we are talking about this one.

> > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > Happens in every multiplayer game...

>

>

And that ladies and gents is why GW2 fails to improve! Devs take every criticism as a personal attack. And the "Female" addition to "game dev" does also talk about a few other cultural issues.

Adding Female to "game dev", doesn't add anything to the pot. People rarely criticise individual developers, so gender is a _non-sequitor_ in the discussion. In this case he replied to her tweet, but i'm sure if it was one of the male writers doing so, the reply would be the same.

Deroir's critics are valid, the way the story begun developing post-HoT totally removed agency from the player. It's less a **Role-playing** game than a **role-watching** game. The choice was removed, and that's why expectations keep getting frustrated, Brahm's Tantrum in "A Crack in the Ice" comes to mind, my mind-cannon for my character, built through the personal story certainly does not allow for a huge norn to be cowed by basically a kid. Especially when my character was directly mentored by Eir, saved her a couple times, and then the kid that hated her for all his life, that only got a relation with her through me, knows better? Please...

Yea, honestly it's pretty telling to see how Anet employees have been viewing player feedback. :( If this was just a one off, I'd think that she was just a miserable person who hated her job, but when Peter Fries also chimed in defense of her stance, it kinda drove home that this is likely more of an Anet corporate culture outlook that isn't relegated to just one person.

I'm struggling to look at GW2 the same anymore, especially the story knowing it was written by them and how little they think of those of us who play the game.

> @"Tolmos.8395" said:

> Yea, honestly it's pretty telling to see how Anet employees have been viewing player feedback. :( If this was just a one off, I'd think that she was just a miserable person who hated her job, but when Peter Fries also chimed in defense of her stance, it kinda drove home that this is likely more of an Anet corporate culture outlook that isn't relegated to just one person.

>

> I'm struggling to look at GW2 the same anymore, especially the story knowing it was written by them and how little they think of those of us who play the game.

Peter Fries, another developer was supporting her actions? Wow. I think that A-net in-general has very nice developers. There are a few bad apples but they might be having a bad day. However, I don't understand why Peter was supporting her demoralization of Deroir publicly.

> > @"Tolmos.8395" said:

> > Yea, honestly it's pretty telling to see how Anet employees have been viewing player feedback. :( If this was just a one off, I'd think that she was just a miserable person who hated her job, but when Peter Fries also chimed in defense of her stance, it kinda drove home that this is likely more of an Anet corporate culture outlook that isn't relegated to just one person.

> >

> > I'm struggling to look at GW2 the same anymore, especially the story knowing it was written by them and how little they think of those of us who play the game.

>

> Peter Fries, another developer was supporting her actions? Wow. I think that A-net in-general has very nice developers. There are a few bad apples but they might be having a bad day. However, I don't understand why Peter was supporting her demoralization of Deroir publicly.

Yea, it was a pretty unfortunate thing to see. :(

https://twitter.com/Peter_Fries/status/1014590359916048384

> @"Tolmos.8395" said:

> > > @"Tolmos.8395" said:

> > > Yea, honestly it's pretty telling to see how Anet employees have been viewing player feedback. :( If this was just a one off, I'd think that she was just a miserable person who hated her job, but when Peter Fries also chimed in defense of her stance, it kinda drove home that this is likely more of an Anet corporate culture outlook that isn't relegated to just one person.

> > >

> > > I'm struggling to look at GW2 the same anymore, especially the story knowing it was written by them and how little they think of those of us who play the game.

> >

> > Peter Fries, another developer was supporting her actions? Wow. I think that A-net in-general has very nice developers. There are a few bad apples but they might be having a bad day. However, I don't understand why Peter was supporting her demoralization of Deroir publicly.

>

> Yea, it was a pretty unfortunate thing to see. :(

>

> https://twitter.com/Peter_Fries/status/1014590359916048384

You're working for a company about a public game. You're expected to handle criticism publicly if you chose to represent the company via a public platform.

> > @"Tolmos.8395" said:

> > Yea, honestly it's pretty telling to see how Anet employees have been viewing player feedback. :( If this was just a one off, I'd think that she was just a miserable person who hated her job, but when Peter Fries also chimed in defense of her stance, it kinda drove home that this is likely more of an Anet corporate culture outlook that isn't relegated to just one person.

> >

> > I'm struggling to look at GW2 the same anymore, especially the story knowing it was written by them and how little they think of those of us who play the game.

>

> Peter Fries, another developer was supporting her actions? Wow. I think that A-net in-general has very nice developers. There are a few bad apples but they might be having a bad day. However, I don't understand why Peter was supporting her demoralization of Deroir publicly.

Given several past and present events, i'd say this is pretty widespread in the company, sadly.

It's also a sign of the ages, extreme leftist policies, the blind consequences of the #metoo movement, etc, have changed a lot of dialogue between costumer and creators is done, especially in the US. I mean, you can't criticise Star Wars nowadays without being labelled sexist, or racist, most likely both.

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > Yea, honestly it's pretty telling to see how Anet employees have been viewing player feedback. :( If this was just a one off, I'd think that she was just a miserable person who hated her job, but when Peter Fries also chimed in defense of her stance, it kinda drove home that this is likely more of an Anet corporate culture outlook that isn't relegated to just one person.

> > >

> > > I'm struggling to look at GW2 the same anymore, especially the story knowing it was written by them and how little they think of those of us who play the game.

> >

> > Peter Fries, another developer was supporting her actions? Wow. I think that A-net in-general has very nice developers. There are a few bad apples but they might be having a bad day. However, I don't understand why Peter was supporting her demoralization of Deroir publicly.

>

> Given several past and present events, i'd say this is pretty widespread in the company, sadly.

> It's also a sign of the ages, extreme leftist policies, the blind consequences of the #metoo movement, etc, have changed a lot of dialogue between costumer and creators is done, especially in the US. I mean, you can't criticise Star Wars nowadays without being labelled sexist, or racist, most likely both.

I can't really agree that employees treating their company's users in such a toxic fashion is somehow widespread right now. This is one of the first instances I've seen of an MMO employee labeling everyone who disagrees with her in a discussion about her work on the game as sexist. I could be wrong, but I really see this as an internal Arenanet problem only. I'm more concerned that this is a viewpoint shared across the company, considering she wasn't alone in her stance.

> @"Tolmos.8395" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > @"ChronosCosmos.9450" said:

> > > > @"Tolmos.8395" said:

> > > > Yea, honestly it's pretty telling to see how Anet employees have been viewing player feedback. :( If this was just a one off, I'd think that she was just a miserable person who hated her job, but when Peter Fries also chimed in defense of her stance, it kinda drove home that this is likely more of an Anet corporate culture outlook that isn't relegated to just one person.

> > > >

> > > > I'm struggling to look at GW2 the same anymore, especially the story knowing it was written by them and how little they think of those of us who play the game.

> > >

> > > Peter Fries, another developer was supporting her actions? Wow. I think that A-net in-general has very nice developers. There are a few bad apples but they might be having a bad day. However, I don't understand why Peter was supporting her demoralization of Deroir publicly.

> >

> > Given several past and present events, i'd say this is pretty widespread in the company, sadly.

> > It's also a sign of the ages, extreme leftist policies, the blind consequences of the #metoo movement, etc, have changed a lot of dialogue between costumer and creators is done, especially in the US. I mean, you can't criticise Star Wars nowadays without being labelled sexist, or racist, most likely both.

>

> I can't really agree that employees treating their company's users in such a toxic fashion is somehow widespread right now. This is one of the first instances I've seen of an MMO employee labeling everyone who disagrees with her in a discussion about her work on the game as sexist. I could be wrong, but I really see this as an internal Arenanet problem only. I'm more concerned that this is a viewpoint shared across the company, considering she wasn't alone in her stance.

This is some CNN shit.

> @"Tolmos.8395" said:

> > >

> >

>

> Yea, it was a pretty unfortunate thing to see. :(

>

> https://twitter.com/Peter_Fries/status/1014590359916048384

If she doesn't want people responding to her posts, she shouldn't be on a public social media platform.

It's actually mind-blowing that Peter would say something like that considering that internet in general is public so just by posting anything on something public is going to attract thousands of different opinions. You don't need to ask or not ask for one...if its public, prepare to have different responses because every person is going to have one and it will all be different. If you don't want opinions, then don't post anything online. Simple. But ofc Anet supports her because of their SJW thing they got going on there.

Plus if she gets offended by something constructive and not offensive at all then she is in the wrong profession... if you're game developer you need to have an open mind about everything and take criticism...

Also no wonder story is bland lately when such person works on it, they are probably too scared to even tell her something should be changed out of fear she will start screaming "sexism" and pull a "victim card" on them ...

Edit: - and it's hilarious that they censor forum as much as they can, not long ago they deleted somebody's post for no reason, he only said he'd prefer more "evil" armors... Yet devs can go off on people for no reason whatsoever... and then they wanna paint themselves to be this amazing welcoming company. She should be fired because she is representing company in a bad way