Is it normal that confusion deals dmg on the click instead of the skill usage animation?

Urejt.5648

> @"Urejt.5648" said:

> I just found out that confusion deals dmg on every click on the keyboard and mouse. Is it not too imba? maybe it should deal dmg only on skill usage animation?

From what I've seen, confusion only deals damage after you finish using a skill instead of the moment you use the skill. I only tested this with NPCs so it might be different with players.

Yes, its on skill click. Which is why if you spam your AA key you get hit with multiple ticks of confusion but only attack once.

It's especially frustrating when it's laggy and you double click your condition clear to make sure it goes through only to die from the confusion ticks from hitting the key twice.

I'm pretty sure it's always been on skill use not skill clicking, which by the way you really should try not to do unless you have physical limitations. Try to get a set of keybinds you can use comfortably and it will improve how you play the game and allow you to give the game more of your focus than the skill bar.

Maybe someone can make a video showing this interaction as that should be reported as a bug.

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> I'm pretty sure it's always been on skill use not skill clicking, which by the way you really should try not to do unless you have physical limitations. Try to get a set of keybinds you can use comfortably and it will improve how you play the game and allow you to give the game more of your focus than the skill bar.

>

> Maybe someone can make a video showing this interaction as that should be reported as a bug.

Yeah what I meant by skill clicking is not actual “skill click” but press the keybinded button repeatedly. But I do agree, someone need to test and clarify this..

> @"lightningz.1465" said:

> > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > I'm pretty sure it's always been on skill use not skill clicking, which by the way you really should try not to do unless you have physical limitations. Try to get a set of keybinds you can use comfortably and it will improve how you play the game and allow you to give the game more of your focus than the skill bar.

> >

> > Maybe someone can make a video showing this interaction as that should be reported as a bug.

>

> Yeah what I meant by skill clicking is not actual “skill click” but press the keybinded button repeatedly. But I do agree, someone need to test and clarify this..

>

>

My mistake, thanks for clarifying. I believe bandicam is a free recording software and Nvidia GPU users can use shadowplay or whatever they've changed it to.

Tested it by spamming thief autos. Was not able to replicate but maybe I did something wrong. Everything seemed to work as it should. Are you sure the damage ticks you're receiving are the ones that occur on skill activation and not just that ones that tick every second? Cause there are 2 parts to confusion - damage that occurs on activation and damage that ticks every second. It would be easy to confuse the latter as the first. Like I said, maybe I didn't test it correctly though, so a video would clarify.

I tried again and was able to replicate it, but only by actually clicking on the skill, not using keyboard binds. It also seemed to only occur if you mash the button unreasonably fast. The reason for it not working on keyboard press for me could have just been that I wasn't mashing it fast enough(I was able to click the skill at a much faster rate than pressing 1). It's definitely still a bug that needs to be fixed ASAP but at the same time only seems to occur if you spam it really hard. At times it also seemed kind of random. Sometimes I was clicking AA really fast and didn't get the bug, other times the bug was present.

> @"Derm.4932" said:

> I tried again and was able to replicate it, but only by actually clicking on the skill, not using keyboard binds. It also seemed to only occur if you mash the button unreasonably fast. The reason for it not working on keyboard press for me could have just been that I wasn't mashing it fast enough(I was able to click the skill at a much faster rate than pressing 1). It's definitely still a bug that needs to be fixed ASAP but at the same time only seems to occur if you spam it really hard. At times it also seemed kind of random. Sometimes I was clicking AA really fast and didn't get the bug, other times the bug was present.

I'm rather concerned by the unholy amount of squirrel coding required to get that amount of shenanigans.

> @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> Regardless if this is true or not, the functionality should be changed so that confusion deals damage at the end of a skill use, so that it does not trigger off cleanses that hit the confusion.

Nah. Confusion should absolutely trigger off cleanse skills even if it gets cleansed. Confusion does almost no damage if skills aren't used so the damage can be almost completely negated by not using a skill. Taking damage from the cleanse is a choice you're actively making.

i could swear anet said that condi removing skills should not trigger confu? did they changed that?

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> > Regardless if this is true or not, the functionality should be changed so that confusion deals damage at the end of a skill use, so that it does not trigger off cleanses that hit the confusion.

>

> Nah. Confusion should absolutely trigger off cleanse skills even if it gets cleansed. Confusion does almost no damage if skills aren't used so the damage can be almost completely negated by not using a skill. Taking damage from the cleanse is a choice you're actively making.

but condi mirages apply perma 20 stacks confu to you. if you stop cleansing it to stop getting dmg from it you will never activate a skill.

I'd like to buff condi cleanses so that if you push a clear it does not trigger confusion dmg even when failing to clear it, this kind of negates half the counter play granted by cleanses.

This is under the presumption the application methods and volume remains the same.

Also under the same presumption the amount of general cover condis remains the same.

> @"Daishi.6027" said:

> I'd like to buff condi cleanses so that if you push a clear it does not trigger confusion dmg even when failing to clear it, this kind of negates half the counter play granted by cleanses.

>

> This is under the presumption the application methods and volume remains the same.

> Also under the same presumption the amount of general cover condis remains the same.

The best part is if the condi clear is coming from a rune or trait that's tied to a skill you'll get hit with two ticks of confusion for it. Example: If I'm running a shout build with Soldier Runes and I use a shout to clear confusion I'll get hit with 1 tick of confusion for using the shout and get hit with another for the rune activation. Bonus Trivia: You can actually interrupt rune effects and proc "on interrupt" traits by doing so.

> @"Zero.3871" said:

> i could swear anet said that condi removing skills should not trigger confu? did they changed that?

>

> > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> > > Regardless if this is true or not, the functionality should be changed so that confusion deals damage at the end of a skill use, so that it does not trigger off cleanses that hit the confusion.

> >

> > Nah. Confusion should absolutely trigger off cleanse skills even if it gets cleansed. Confusion does almost no damage if skills aren't used so the damage can be almost completely negated by not using a skill. Taking damage from the cleanse is a choice you're actively making.

>

> but condi mirages apply perma 20 stacks confu to you. if you stop cleansing it to stop getting dmg from it you will never activate a skill.

They can definitely hit you with 20 confusion at once, but that number of stacks isn't sustainable.