mes needs looked at still and a fix soon

Belishine.7493

> @"Jannie.2975" said:

> > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > @"Jannie.2975" said:

> > > I wonder how many more Mirage nerfs will come until ANet gets it that it is the endless perma-clone creation that makes Mirage so impossible to deal with.

> >

> > Just a piece of information you might find useful, these are the health values for them in PvP and WvW:

> >

> > Clone: 2,433

> > Phantasm: 3,396

> > Phantasmal Defender: 7,278

> >

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Illusion

> >

> > Any form of AoE will kill them easily. You can also chill and cripple them which makes them nearly never hit when shattered as they move so slowly.

> >

> > The biggest issue with mirage is elusive mind and that half the time you can't tell when they're dodging.

>

> I know about these things and based on that knowledge and awareness did I write my post you quoted.

Thats incredibly sad if that's true.

I think at this point, having read the to-and-fro exchanges, I conclude that the only thing need fixing is the OP's brain. On that point, I highly recommend that perhaps OP should first take a class in proper form of argumentation to avoid making fallacious arguments - ad hominems, unfortunately, do not a valid argument make.

Besides that, you seem highly resistant to providing any sort of concrete proof as well as specifics of what you consider OP - what you've said so far on your tirade can basically be distilled to 1 statement: I don't know why, nor do I know how, but I feel mesmer is op, pls nerf xdxd.

Also, your decision to throw both pvp and pve into the discussion is regrettable; these game modes (as far as I know, me being a pure pve player) utilise different builds - different traits, different skills and different gear types. Therefore it's disingenuous to lump them together since they do have very different build philosophies and have widely differing performances in different areas. An example I'll give is that I play both as a condimirage and an offchrono (support) in raids. I can tell you that the gear is very different, as are (obviously) the skills used and the rotations required. The purpose of these 2 builds are very different as well, with the former focusing on condition damage and the latter on group boon support.

You stated that "the mes is jack of all trades and yet its the best tank and best dps and best suport class in the game but the thief the master of dps is backstabed for the mes" - which for consistency's sake I shall apply only to raids since talking about a tank in pvp is comically pointless. I would say that yes, the mesmer does have quite a lot of flexibility in terms of what role you want to play, BUT, that is only if you invest gear (another full set including body armour and accessories with different prefixes) and time (to learn the rotation and how the build works; it may as well be a different class altogether in its playstyle) into ENABLING THAT VERSATILITY. What you're saying disingenuously imply that a single build is able to achieve both high dps and good support, which is outright FALSE.

In summary, you seem to have a bunch of disorganised thoughts and opinions that are thoroughly unsupported by facts, and are quick to dismiss others' points which have been made clear to you. One would think that you're not interested in thoughtful discussion, and are just interested in venting some random opinions of your own and hoping that the devs make changes that you, in your uninformed capacity, have deemed necessary. If that were true, the last question remains - who asked for your opinion?

> @"Jannie.2975" said:

> > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > @"Jannie.2975" said:

> > > I wonder how many more Mirage nerfs will come until ANet gets it that it is the endless perma-clone creation that makes Mirage so impossible to deal with.

> >

> > Just a piece of information you might find useful, these are the health values for them in PvP and WvW:

> >

> > Clone: 2,433

> > Phantasm: 3,396

> > Phantasmal Defender: 7,278

> >

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Illusion

> >

> > Any form of AoE will kill them easily. You can also chill and cripple them which makes them nearly never hit when shattered as they move so slowly.

> >

> > The biggest issue with mirage is elusive mind and that half the time you can't tell when they're dodging.

>

> I know about these things and based on that knowledge and awareness did I write my post you quoted.

You do realise then that most power builds will kill clones with 2 auto attacks at most? In fact some classes can actually kill all clones near them with any attack they do. If you're a single target build you need to focus on killing clones, if you have AoE then why not use it?

• 2 weeks later...

i have done a few test now with mes and i have concluded that for now its ok but it will need some changes. With the new changes that just came in the last patch mes is now a bit more of a skilled class like it shows in the gw2 guide were mes is like a 3 stare toon this is good and means mes is in the right direction. i like that sword 2 hits like it did befor but is now shorter to do but longer to recharg its a realy good balance change witch is adding in more skill and stratagy for the class to play. now then i know that the mes will need to be tightend with the mind set that you just did with the mes in this patch and if you keep it up this will be the way i want the mes to be were its skilled and were you have to think of how to attack. if this type of thinking can make it to the thief i would say your hiting the home runs now but that is to wait and see how it turns out.