How my GPU died, or not? (Please, help)

First of all, I have a Sapphire Radeon R7 250X ( http://gpuboss.com/graphics-card/Sapphire-Radeon-R7-250X-1-GB?q=Sapphire%20Radeon%20R7%20250X%20950%20MHz%201%20GB&ts=1530902525063)

I use a Thermaltake TR12 430W PSU and my OS is Windows 10

I've been playing GW2 for about 3 years already. Recently I installed SweetFX/ReShade on my computer. I've always played in Windowed Fullscreen mode. Today I was playing LW4 with my girlfriend, Episode 2 "A bug in the system", step "The charge". As soon as the ship arrive Rata Primus for some reason I decided to deactivate the DPI scaling and when the ship reached the city and golems attacked my screen went all messy, with vertical gray, green and blue lines. Then I rebooted and the BIOS post screen showed messy stuff. Some red and gray dots around the letters. Windows didn't want to start and at some point it offered a safe-start and it tried to help me but I wasn't able to read anything because of some more vertical lines and huge font. I had to remove the GPU and start using the integrated nVidia card. I don't know what to do.

PS: My girlfriend told me she got some issues but mostly extremely low FPS.

If you don't have installed proper cooling in your casing and don't have fan control software to adjust fan speeds depending on temperatures, then yes, your GPU might have gotten fried.

If this merely happened upon changing the DPU scaling, then the graphical issue might be originating from somewhere else.