How would this PC perform?

Hi all,

Unfortunately my pc cannot play GW2 (barely at medium, which is a pity, because the game is so gorgeous), so I am looking for an upgrade.I am looking at a pc with the following specs:

Intel Core i7-7700 3.6/4.2 Ghz, DDR4 8 GB,GeForce GTX 1060 (full specs here https://www.mediamarkt.nl/nl/product/_msi-trident-3-vr7rc-072eu-1533240.html)

Granted I would be better off not getting a pre-assembed, but I just do not know anyone who could build one. So taking this one as an example.

What kind of performance would I be looking at for GW2? I understood that CPU is the most important component when it comes to the game, this seems ok?

Thanks!!!

> @"Heatherth.2634" said:

> What kind of performance would I be looking at for GW2? I understood that CPU is the most important component when it comes to the game, this seems ok?

Your specs are perfectly fine for running Guild Wars 2 at a smooth framerate. I wouldn't recommend you playing on the highest settings because when participating in world boss events, you'll be having a lot of frame rate drops. It's not worth playing on the highest settings unless you really like your games to look pretty.

I think it should be fine.

I have these specs for my computer and I run on highest settings with 90+ fps.

Fractal Design Define C Svart

Noctua NH-D15

Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7 GHz 12MB

be quiet! SilentWings 3 120mm PWM

Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000Mhz CL15 Vengeance

ASUS PRIME Z370-P

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB

Corsair RM750x 750W

ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ROG STRIX DC3 Gaming

The framerates will drop when you enter big events no matter what components you are running, but otherwise OP's computer should be able to run the game smoothly on high settings.

Since my higher-end GPU busted, I've been playing just fine on my ages-old GTX 660. I didn't check OP's link, but if the PC doesn't have an SSD I'd strongly recommend one. It'll cut the loading screen times and rendering by a significant amount.