Friend's email not accessible and PoF wasn't applied to his account when purchased

Long story short, I have a bunch of new friends who joined GW2 and also bought the expansions during the sale, but one of them didn't receive Path of Fire on his account after purchasing through ArenaNet's sale. His ticket hasn't had a response and it's been 15 days. I'm hoping any responses haven't been lost in his old email.

Ticket #6971909

His problem is, his email was hacked and he needs to change his account email. He purchased Path of Fire and figures the key went to his inaccessible email, but PoF should have unlocked on his account automatically, after he purchased it through the site, if I'm not wrong?

He bought Path of Fire around the 21st of last month and didn't know that his account was linked to his inaccessible email. He has everything explained in the ticket: 6971909. His current gmail email address is in the ticket.

I'm just trying to help him out because he is new-ish to Guild Wars 2 and I hate that he can't experience the mounts with the rest of his friends.

Thank you so much for your assistance in this matter!

If your friend purchased the expansion anywhere but in-game, his account would not be automatically upgraded. (The Serial Key would be sent, and would need to be applied on the 'My Account' page.)

Due to high volume, ticket responses are slower than usual; anywhere from 1-3+ weeks.

Your friend could update his ticket, and emphasize the address to which ticket responses should be sent.

Good luck.