Returning player after 4 years, which profession to make nowadays?

Hi guys

as the title says, basically I only have 1 lvl 80 boost left after made a Necro and used the other lvl 80 boost on her. Lately though, been browsing forum and watching some youtube videos, it seems that people, especially at late end game, kind of frown upon a Necromancer? Why is that? Anyway, that makes me wonder, what or which class/es to avoid/make. I got lvl 80 Warrior that I used long time ago before quitting, but I kind of hate the fact that he's a Charr now. Mainly because I wanted to dress him up in a nice armors, and most armors, except the scary looking ones, (SUBJECTIVE, Please understand) looks bad on them. I feel like it was designed for human based proportion from the beginning, and just got shoehorned for Asuran/Charr race.

Anyway, please kindly suggest which profession nowadays is worth to make from the ground up. I don't care about the funnest to play but out of the META. I just want the dead META one, if that makes any sense. It's either I make another warrior, but human race, or another META profession really..

It'd be a great read too if someone can help explaining the reason behind the reply because I've been out of touch with GW2 for a long time, and just plays GW1 instead.

thank you in advance, and cheers!

It depends on what game mode you want to play. Every game mode has a selection of strong classes.

If you play world versus world - guardian and necromancer are good for group team battles. Thief and mesmer are great for soloing and scouting as well as dueling and 1v1 matches.

Everything else is not very useful in world versus world but is still playable if you play with friends or a server that is not competitive

In pve raids and fractals - everything works at the lower challenged but at the higher challenges I think mesmer and guardian and necromancer are the best.

In spvp thief mesmer engineer warrior ranger necromancer guardian are all pretty good.

Elementalists is a hard to learn hard to master class and I don't know if people like them anymore. I think they are still good but you to know what the 30+ spells and combos work

This is my own opinion so best to wait until you get more info.

Also revenant and engineer are not very good right now and I would avoid them. Warrior is fairly average and balanced. I think warrior works great in every mode

Ranger is good for solo play and just being alone. Great if you're not in any guilds or parties. They can do druid for healing and be useful in group content

Any ways that's all I have to say for now. Be sure to listen to other people's opinions to get a clear picture of the meta. Good luck friend.

> @"Anthony.3207" said:

> It depends on what game mode you want to play. Every game mode has a selection of strong classes.

>

> If you play world versus world - guardian and necromancer are good for group team battles. Thief and mesmer are great for soloing and scouting as well as dueling and 1v1 matches.

>

> Everything else is not very useful in world versus world but is still playable if you play with friends or a server that is not competitive

>

> In pve raids and fractals - everything works at the lower challenged but at the higher challenges I think mesmer and guardian and necromancer are the best.

>

> In spvp thief mesmer engineer warrior ranger necromancer guardian are all pretty good.

>

>

> Elementalists is a hard to learn hard to master class and I don't know if people like them anymore. I think they are still good but you to know what the 30+ spells and combos work

>

>

> This is my own opinion so best to wait until you get more info.

>

> Also revenant and engineer are not very good right now and I would avoid them. Warrior is fairly average and balanced. I think warrior works great in every mode

>

> Ranger is good for solo play and just being alone. Great if you're not in any guilds or parties. They can do druid for healing and be useful in group content

>

> Any ways that's all I have to say for now. Be sure to listen to other people's opinions to get a clear picture of the meta. Good luck friend.

Thanks a lot for this! really helpful! Just when I wanted to create a mesmer, now I have to read how's the mesmer now after last night's update :#

> @"Nopesarenotforme.5190" said:

> > @"Anthony.3207" said:

> > It depends on what game mode you want to play. Every game mode has a selection of strong classes.

> >

> Yes, it really depends on what game mode you enjoy the most.

> Go to SnowCrows or Metabattle, they are always updated on all of the builds for all game modes.

>

Metabattle is like what PvX wiki in GW1, loving it. thanks!