one viable thief build 1v1?

MindWipe.3028

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> DrD D/P - DA/Trick/DrD

> DrD Staff - Acro/Trick/DrD (bruise not burst)

> DrD S/D - Acro/Trick/DrD (bruise not burst)

I played a lot of those Staff and S/D acros and they are absolutely not good 1v1s. Thief already has low dmg compared to everyone, Acro in combination with DrD only makes it super visible by having abundance of dodges and no dmg. Those builds won't be killing anyone except Zerk Eles or very inexperienced players.

Regarding D/P, that was never good 1v1 build to begin with, unless you are 1v1ing other Thieves, the necessity of staying in melee 100% of time with very low kite potential makes it quite ineffective, especially if you managed to Dash away to kite and want to SS back, it's just too easy to make the D/P Thief waste all his/hers initiative if that player had to kite with that build. After the Dagger nerfs it is not worthy to even considering a good build for 1v1.

> @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > @"Turk.5460" said:

>

> > DrD D/P - DA/Trick/DrD

> > DrD Staff - Acro/Trick/DrD (bruise not burst)

> > DrD S/D - Acro/Trick/DrD (bruise not burst)

>

> I played a lot of those Staff and S/D acros and they are absolutely not good 1v1s. Thief already has low dmg compared to everyone, Acro in combination with DrD only makes it super visible by having abundance of dodges and no dmg. Those builds won't be killing anyone except Zerk Eles or very inexperienced players.

>

> Regarding D/P, that was never good 1v1 build to begin with, unless you are 1v1ing other Thieves, the necessity of staying in melee 100% of time with very low kite potential makes it quite ineffective, especially if you managed to Dash away to kite and want to SS back, it's just too easy to make the D/P Thief waste all his/hers initiative if that player had to kite with that build. After the Dagger nerfs it is not worthy to even considering a good build for 1v1.

>

What? Are you playing in cleric's gear? Just because you personally do not know how to be successful with these builds does not make them "not good 1v1s." I have great success with each, and Larcenous Strike on the S/D DrD Acro build still hits upwards of 7k - which is on top of the constant pressure from auto's, IS and DDs. Acro DrD Staff3 hits for 4k and is only 3 initiative, can't be interrupted, and usually follows a similar damage bound equalling a hefty chunk of near instant damage - and the AA chain is nothing to laugh at, either. You are seriously over-estimating the amount of damage lost by not picking DA or CS...

Please try to gear yourself correctly before passing judgement on perfectly viable builds.

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > @"Turk.5460" said:

> >

> > > DrD D/P - DA/Trick/DrD

> > > DrD Staff - Acro/Trick/DrD (bruise not burst)

> > > DrD S/D - Acro/Trick/DrD (bruise not burst)

> >

> > I played a lot of those Staff and S/D acros and they are absolutely not good 1v1s. Thief already has low dmg compared to everyone, Acro in combination with DrD only makes it super visible by having abundance of dodges and no dmg. Those builds won't be killing anyone except Zerk Eles or very inexperienced players.

> >

> > Regarding D/P, that was never good 1v1 build to begin with, unless you are 1v1ing other Thieves, the necessity of staying in melee 100% of time with very low kite potential makes it quite ineffective, especially if you managed to Dash away to kite and want to SS back, it's just too easy to make the D/P Thief waste all his/hers initiative if that player had to kite with that build. After the Dagger nerfs it is not worthy to even considering a good build for 1v1.

> >

>

> What? Are you playing in cleric's gear? Just because you personally do not know how to be successful with these builds does not make them "not good 1v1s." I have great success with each, and Larcenous Strike on the S/D DrD Acro build still hits upwards of 7k - which is on top of the constant pressure from auto's, IS and DDs. Acro DrD Staff3 hits for 4k and is only 3 initiative, can't be interrupted, and usually follows a similar damage bound equalling a hefty chunk of near instant damage - and the AA chain is nothing to laugh at, either. You are seriously over-estimating the amount of damage lost by not picking DA or CS...

>

> Please try to gear yourself correctly before passing judgement on perfectly viable builds.

*in sPvP

> @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > >

> > > > DrD D/P - DA/Trick/DrD

> > > > DrD Staff - Acro/Trick/DrD (bruise not burst)

> > > > DrD S/D - Acro/Trick/DrD (bruise not burst)

> > >

> > > I played a lot of those Staff and S/D acros and they are absolutely not good 1v1s. Thief already has low dmg compared to everyone, Acro in combination with DrD only makes it super visible by having abundance of dodges and no dmg. Those builds won't be killing anyone except Zerk Eles or very inexperienced players.

> > >

> > > Regarding D/P, that was never good 1v1 build to begin with, unless you are 1v1ing other Thieves, the necessity of staying in melee 100% of time with very low kite potential makes it quite ineffective, especially if you managed to Dash away to kite and want to SS back, it's just too easy to make the D/P Thief waste all his/hers initiative if that player had to kite with that build. After the Dagger nerfs it is not worthy to even considering a good build for 1v1.

> > >

> >

> > What? Are you playing in cleric's gear? Just because you personally do not know how to be successful with these builds does not make them "not good 1v1s." I have great success with each, and Larcenous Strike on the S/D DrD Acro build still hits upwards of 7k - which is on top of the constant pressure from auto's, IS and DDs. Acro DrD Staff3 hits for 4k and is only 3 initiative, can't be interrupted, and usually follows a similar damage bound equalling a hefty chunk of near instant damage - and the AA chain is nothing to laugh at, either. You are seriously over-estimating the amount of damage lost by not picking DA or CS...

> >

> > Please try to gear yourself correctly before passing judgement on perfectly viable builds.

>

> *in sPvP

Oh I can't comment for sPvP, but I can attest to my own success with these builds in WvW 1v1's.

I run a P/P, SB hybrid build that wrecks most players in 1v1 WvW. It doesn't work very well in sPvP since it relies on evasion food for defense and offence. Really good players are a big challenge since they tend to adapt their rotations quickly. Moderate or worse players are dead before they know it once the Impact and Draining kick in.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAqaVl0MhSnYRTwwJw/ELUFl3FkCb381/9hfXCEABJA-jVSFQB77EAq/4u9H0lyPFckA02jAod6DAwBEwDaIApSwAAHAn38mfegzP/8zP/8u+8zP/8zP/8zP/8SBUlwK-w

I can usually shift around sigils/traits/runes to handle different builds such as taking Bountiful Theft against boon builds or Pressure Striking against light-condi builds. Against really heavy condi builds I switch to armor with Lyssa runes, switch my elite to Impact Strike and take Pain Response.

It is fun but not particularly efficient. The build does generate a seemingly absurd amount of hate.