Elixr U Got Stab... Really?

Zuko.7132

Does no one remember when Anet had to nerf corona burst because holo mode and easy stab was too strong? And now Anet added stab to a skill that was already meta and has quickness to boot? Throw in the no condi damage during elixr s and holo is the real winner of this balance patch. Holo is gonna be the new mirage. I'm calling it now.

Toss Elixir U changes off-set the stab added to Elixir U, overall I'd say it's about where it was, slightly buffed. The meta Holosmith builds won't necessarily use this, the new Elixirsmith ones are. They're new and shiny but probably still objectively not superior to other options

The straight buff to Holosmith was passive S allowing you to live more reliably. However, a few professions with invuln got the same

I'm very glad to see a bit of quickness and stability for core builds but the danger is always that this can spill into already strong builds. I'm an engi main and I feel that holo is already too easy to play. This indirect buff needs addressing I think. Probably best addressed with further corona burst nerf (+2 sec cd etc) or damage reduction across the board in holo forge

HF have a great damage YES, thats true.... but its also true that the Holo is the only character on Gw2 that can kill himself if dont play carefully. We cant stay in HF too long and we have to wait before go in again or we can get overheated. High reward but with high risk.

Holo is in a good spot atm, but is not the top dog. Mirage can destroy an holo easy and go against a Scourge or SpB with similar skill is a 40%-60% against U at best.

Other characters have similar (or more) damage with less risk. I can take the damage reduccion on HF if that reduction is across all characters.

Play a profesion that can kill himself without the reward of have one of the best damage outputs is a nonsense when otherones can do more damage with less risk.

> @"ApaWanka.2698" said:

> HF have a great damage YES, thats true.... but its also true that the Holo is the only character on Gw2 that can kill himself if dont play carefully. We cant stay in HF too long and we have to wait before go in again or we can get overheated. High reward but with high risk.

>

> Holo is in a good spot atm, but is not the top dog. Mirage can destroy an holo easy and go against a Scourge or SpB with similar skill is a 40%-60% against U at best.

>

> Other characters have similar (or more) damage with less risk. I can take the damage reduccion on HF if that reduction is across all characters.

>

> Play a profesion that can kill himself without the reward of have one of the best damage outputs is a nonsense when otherones can do more damage with less risk.

>

>

If ur killing urself with photon forge i don't know what to say. You have a bar on ur screen that shows you when you need to exit. It doesn't take skill to see that it's getting high and click one button.

> @"Zuko.7132" said:

> > @"ApaWanka.2698" said:

> > HF have a great damage YES, thats true.... but its also true that the Holo is the only character on Gw2 that can kill himself if dont play carefully. We cant stay in HF too long and we have to wait before go in again or we can get overheated. High reward but with high risk.

> >

> > Holo is in a good spot atm, but is not the top dog. Mirage can destroy an holo easy and go against a Scourge or SpB with similar skill is a 40%-60% against U at best.

> >

> > Other characters have similar (or more) damage with less risk. I can take the damage reduccion on HF if that reduction is across all characters.

> >

> > Play a profesion that can kill himself without the reward of have one of the best damage outputs is a nonsense when otherones can do more damage with less risk.

> >

> >

>

> If ur killing urself with photon forge i don't know what to say. You have a bar on ur screen that shows you when you need to exit. It doesn't take skill to see that it's getting high and click one button.

His point was that Photon Forge doesn't last very long once you engage the enemy. The burst is survivable and if you do that you're golden.

> @"MyPuppy.8970" said:

> I have yet to see a holo blowing himself up though...

Yeah, may as well remove the overheat function then.

Edit: Not serious, just pointing out that it does happen in 95% of competitive tiers and is a pretty annoying downside to Photon Forge

Holosmith has to burst in a short window. If you die in that window...i don't know what to tell you. Holosmith is not so much a high risk high reward as it is a spec with a burst window and then runs / hides to coldown and then repeats the burst window again.

I am an engineer main and i really don't play spvp so i can't say if holosmiths need nerfs or not. They have a pretty basic simple gameplay. Do burst damage windows - hide and retreat. There is really not anything else going for it.

I think scrapper is probably more OP than holosmith in ranked Spvp. Scrapper brings so much ultility damage healing noobs and group support. I don't understand how people think holosmith is stronger than scrapper.

I watched chaith on twitch and he uses a scrapper spec on spvp. It is pretty sure that scrapper is the better elite spec for spvp (but i don't play spvp) so ....i think engineer is in the best spot it has ever been in years right now. It might get nerfed if people cry and complain enough.

people really want engineer to remain the lackluster profession of the game lol, really 1 extra stab breaks engi?

meanwhile thief,ranger,mesmer,warrior can nuke constantly while being untouchable and those are perfectly fine

theres sigils that remove boons ontop of all the anti boon skills in the game

of all professions i think only guardian and ranger do not have boon strip/corrupt

if 2 stabilities breaks engineer then warrior needs a massive nerf , they are basically unstoppable juggernauts for like 20-30 seconds

> @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > @"MyPuppy.8970" said:

> > I have yet to see a holo blowing himself up though...

>

> Yeah, may as well remove the overheat function then.

>

> Edit: Not serious, just pointing out that it does happen in 95% of competitive tiers and is a pretty annoying downside to Photon Forge

I used pbm to much which has resulted in me getting overheat as the top damage on me far more times then id like to admit

> @"Rezzet.3614" said:

> people really want engineer to remain the lackluster profession of the game lol, really 1 extra stab breaks engi?

>

> meanwhile thief,ranger,mesmer,warrior can nuke constantly while being untouchable and those are perfectly fine

>

> theres sigils that remove boons ontop of all the anti boon skills in the game

>

> of all professions i think only guardian and ranger do not have boon strip/corrupt

>

> if 2 stabilities breaks engineer then warrior needs a massive nerf , they are basically unstoppable juggernauts for like 20-30 seconds

Shh, don't mention rampage. Totally balanced and not a crutch.

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > @"Rezzet.3614" said:

> > people really want engineer to remain the lackluster profession of the game lol, really 1 extra stab breaks engi?

> >

> > meanwhile thief,ranger,mesmer,warrior can nuke constantly while being untouchable and those are perfectly fine

> >

> > theres sigils that remove boons ontop of all the anti boon skills in the game

> >

> > of all professions i think only guardian and ranger do not have boon strip/corrupt

> >

> > if 2 stabilities breaks engineer then warrior needs a massive nerf , they are basically unstoppable juggernauts for like 20-30 seconds

>

> Shh, don't mention rampage. Totally balanced and not a crutch.

heck i wasnt even talking about the elite skill i was talking about how warriors can go wild for 20-30s cuz of stance pulsing stab resistance and imunity , but yeah toss in rampage and add 15s more to the list .

for one, elixir u wont probably be used because toolbeltskill is very situational and dosnt rly fit SD build or conversion for that matter.

u dying to holo burst is on u seeing that every freaking skill is telegraphed with huge lightshows so it dosnt take much to know when to dodge.

holo's dmg was already nerfed to the ground once too btw, apparently not enough xD

been playing holo for half a year and overheat is very much a thing, being cc'ed and not able to dodge to get my heat down and im pretty much finished with 8k of self dmg + the burst i was just cc'ed to eat so yeeea , good times

Come on when people talking about dieing from over-heating not happening they mean dieing mainly from over-heating like your too stupid to not kill yourself and toggle it out when your close to dieing. Of course sometimes you kill yourself by taking chances and staying in holo and you die to burst your were hoping you could avoid or wouldn't come and the self damage from over-heating. This is a classic case of A-net powercreep where a buff meant to make core engineer stronger is also going to make Holosmith stronger a build that doesn't need to be any stronger. Couldn't they have just made it so when you equip the Holosmith trait line Elixir H works the same way as it did in the past. I am pretty sure they did something like that with scourge in the patch an ability either didnt work or didn't work the same way when the Scourge trait line is being used.

i'm just.....here reading all these none holo players comments and how they are saying holo is now "OP" because of a rework on exilirs which imo isn't even that great overall because of the toolbelt kit abilites it comes with.....on top of the fact that we LOSE out on dps if we run the new elixir holo spec.

I'm confused on exactly what build and what some of you are here saying makes holo "op" and "busted", IF were gonna start with the nerf holo dps bs then please lets first start off with warriors and then move our way to soulbeast again because that patch that was dropped was solid but noting to consider "game breaking" just more annoying style to fight against holo using double elixir s.