What could be the next expansion's mastery focus?

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"Aridon.8362" said:

> > > WoW failed because of an underwater expansion. Just saying.

> >

> > It would never be a full "underwater-only" expansion. But it might get a decent amount of underwater action, which I welcome, because swimming and exploring underwater areas in GW2 is beautiful and fun, and it doesn't give you any nausea like you mentioned.

>

> Thankfully it does not, however it is incredibly boring to do. Its slow(not really the movement speed) but the combat. It really feels like it jerks you out of the game, which is one of my biggest issues with it. It feels out of place. So unless they revamp how underwater movement and combat works, i hope they dont go that route. Id love to see a Charr expansion, id *love* to see a norn expansion just as much, weve done human and sylvari, and asuras been sprinkled inbetween all of them both in LW and the story itself, lets go North for a bit more, back to the northern Shiverpeaks.

I wouldn't be happy with anything other than Cantha. I want to go back there so badly, anything else seems dull in comparison. ;) However, I wouldn't mind getting more Charr lands and Norn regions in the current LWS. <3

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > @"Aridon.8362" said:

> > > > WoW failed because of an underwater expansion. Just saying.

> > >

> > > It would never be a full "underwater-only" expansion. But it might get a decent amount of underwater action, which I welcome, because swimming and exploring underwater areas in GW2 is beautiful and fun, and it doesn't give you any nausea like you mentioned.

> >

> > Thankfully it does not, however it is incredibly boring to do. Its slow(not really the movement speed) but the combat. It really feels like it jerks you out of the game, which is one of my biggest issues with it. It feels out of place. So unless they revamp how underwater movement and combat works, i hope they dont go that route. Id love to see a Charr expansion, id *love* to see a norn expansion just as much, weve done human and sylvari, and asuras been sprinkled inbetween all of them both in LW and the story itself, lets go North for a bit more, back to the northern Shiverpeaks.

>

> I wouldn't be happy with anything other than Cantha. I want to go back there so badly, anything else seems dull in comparison. ;) However, I wouldn't mind getting more Charr lands and Norn regions in the current LWS. <3

To be honest, as much as i loved the luxon, and kurzic factions, knowing that the regions wont look like what they did, makes me /not/ want to go there. Plus i hated the massive..sprawling city, and i know if we went there it would be like tangled depths and i dont want to have that either..

> @"zallesz.1650" said:

> > @"Ephemiel.5694" said:

> > They really seem to be preparing for Underwater content, so time to bring some underwater mounts or vehicles.

>

> Where? What indication do we have that they are preparing for such? (Other than a few fan-made ideas on the forums?)

Swim speed infusions and the fact that they revamped a lot of underwater skills.

> @"Aridon.8362" said:

> WoW failed because of an underwater expansion. Just saying. It makes you sea sick and gives vertigo the deeper you go through the sea even if it's just a video game. Let's learn from our mistakes and move on.

Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm, Mists of Pandaria, Warlords of Draenor, Legion, Battle For Azeroth.

I really want you to tell me which of those was an underwater expansion.

> @"perilisk.1874" said:

> > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > I like big boats and I cannot lie...

> >

> > But if Cantha is next it'd probably make more sense to get parkour masteries.

>

> That would be sweet. Personally, I would love it if they gave more thought to co-op platforming. Something a little more subtle than mesmer portals.

>

Co-op platforming could be fun but it also prohibits solo players. Now people may have their usual arguments against solo play but the truth is that MMOs do attract a lot of players who play solo mostly but do enjoy the social context of being able to chat with people and those who play at off times when not so many people may be around. In any case, whatever the reason, it would be unwise to make it co-op because it will push a group of players out. But perhaps alternate routes can be taken for solo and co-op. That could be worth exploring.

But I think that parkour in tight, busy Canthan cities could be cool. Probably something like having climb, swing and jump points that you can use to navigate more narrow spaces that mounts cannot pass through or something like that. I can totally see that in the Kurzick forest and Jade Sea areas that narrow spaces can be a thing.

A lot of people here ask for underwater stuff and I can understand that also, but I'm not sure if that would be so well-received and not sure how much you can do underwater as a whole. A lot of people already hate the underwater combat. Maybe they can add it to the next living story or something so you can unlock an underwater mount that can move you through water faster or something. I wouldn't mind having that to begin with.

> @"Aridon.8362" said:

> WoW failed because of an underwater expansion. Just saying. It makes you sea sick and gives vertigo the deeper you go through the sea even if it's just a video game. Let's learn from our mistakes and move on.

And WHICH expansion was an underwater expansion? I'd like to know that since I find your post BS.

If you get seasick for diving uw, do you get dizzy of high hights too? Scared of spiders aswell? In a video-game? :lol:

> @"Aridon.8362" said:

As much as I don't want to see an underwater focused expansion, your post is BS.

I would love to have some content creator capability with a mastery system. For example, with the lvl1 mastery I could make a simple quest, a quest chain with a lvl2 mastery, an event with a lvl3 mastery and a dungeon with a lvl4. If I could use the beasts I killed over the years for this it would be perfect :) Except gods and elder dragons of course ;) Even if it works only in my home instance, it would be cool :)