Building Stats for 100% Boon Duration

Arcanine.3928

Hi there, trying to see what I could make better about this build. I'm attempting to build a 100% Boon Duration Mesmer for the purpose of raiding and fractals. I noticed several different sources (most notably Snowcrows) list a variety of ways to make this build work, but most importantly, a very peculiar set up of gear. There will be some combination of Berserker and Commander's that attain the 100% boon duration they seek utilizing Superior Runes of Leadership and Superior Sigil of Concentration.

My understanding of these builds is to attain 100% boon duration at a minimum, then use full damage stat pieces to maximize damage.

[This is my set up as I've achieved the minimum of 100% boon uptime.](https://i.gyazo.com/c751e23a830e53536f278c4af62686c4.jpg "")

Is there a better order/selection of armor/weapons/trinkets that attains a better overall result? I currently have full Commander's Armor, and a Commander's Backpiece.

Is it wise to rely on Chaotic Persistence to achieve 100% boon duration?

Is it wise to use Fried Golden Dumplings to achieve 100% boon duration?

Thanks again for the feedback.

Pretty useless picture, not sure what I'm supposed to see there. You've got 57% boon duration, so not sure what you're talking about.

Generally speaking, boon duration is pretty simple to hit 100% on. You start with leadership runes for 30%, add a sigil of concentration for 33%, and now you're at 63% before counting any other gear or stats. If you're running chaos, you're pretty much done at this point, since chaotic persistence is very reliable for about 27%-30% duration. You can pick up the rest from a food or something. If you're not running chaos, now you'll need to get that extra 30 from somewhere else. Generally you'll need to put in some commanders gear on top of the foods until you reach that cap point.

It's worth noting that sigil of concentration is not a passive sigil, it's active for 7 seconds following a swap. This means you need to be intelligent with your rotations so that you're producing all the important boons within that time period and not letting the buff fall off before you share.

I play myself a Chaos/Illusion/Chronomancer build reaching 100% boon duration without SoC because therefore I don't have to be aware to switch weapons before I spread my boons.

But this will automaticaly lead to less damage output because you have to Take Minstrel's or Harrier's gear. Minstrel's will give you more sustain. Both will grant you a good amount of healing power. This is why I built a healing/boon hybrid. It's really chill to play in pugs because with a druid paired you can carry less experienced players.

BUT its not that efficent in expert/speedclear groups.

By now with the latest update you get nearly fulltime 8 boons and this gives you 16% boon duration due to chaotic persistence. Therefore you have to reach 84% by gear with or without food.

Edit: be aware the Infinite Mist Mobility Potion gives you at 150 AR 15% Boon duration with the attunement

That said you have to get less duration through Gear/food in fractals but you have to switch stats for raids to reach 100%

If you want to play with SoC (33% Boon duration) you have to reach 67% with Gear/food with Domination and atleast 51% with chaos traitline

> @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> Pretty useless picture, not sure what I'm supposed to see there. You've got 57% boon duration, so not sure what you're talking about.

>

> Generally speaking, boon duration is pretty simple to hit 100% on. You start with leadership runes for 30%, add a sigil of concentration for 33%, and now you're at 63% before counting any other gear or stats. If you're running chaos, you're pretty much done at this point, since chaotic persistence is very reliable for about 27%-30% duration. You can pick up the rest from a food or something. If you're not running chaos, now you'll need to get that extra 30 from somewhere else. Generally you'll need to put in some commanders gear on top of the foods until you reach that cap point.

>

> It's worth noting that sigil of concentration is not a passive sigil, it's active for 7 seconds following a swap. This means you need to be intelligent with your rotations so that you're producing all the important boons within that time period and not letting the buff fall off before you share.

Chaotic persistence has ben nerfed to 2% per boon, so he will need some more BD.

> @"spiritualabyss.7016" said:

> > @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> > Pretty useless picture, not sure what I'm supposed to see there. You've got 57% boon duration, so not sure what you're talking about.

> >

> > Generally speaking, boon duration is pretty simple to hit 100% on. You start with leadership runes for 30%, add a sigil of concentration for 33%, and now you're at 63% before counting any other gear or stats. If you're running chaos, you're pretty much done at this point, since chaotic persistence is very reliable for about 27%-30% duration. You can pick up the rest from a food or something. If you're not running chaos, now you'll need to get that extra 30 from somewhere else. Generally you'll need to put in some commanders gear on top of the foods until you reach that cap point.

> >

> > It's worth noting that sigil of concentration is not a passive sigil, it's active for 7 seconds following a swap. This means you need to be intelligent with your rotations so that you're producing all the important boons within that time period and not letting the buff fall off before you share.

>

> Chaotic persistence has ben nerfed to 2% per boon, so he will need some more BD.

>

Oh, good call. Forgot about that.

> @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> Pretty useless picture, not sure what I'm supposed to see there. You've got 57% boon duration, so not sure what you're talking about.

>

> Generally speaking, boon duration is pretty simple to hit 100% on. You start with leadership runes for 30%, add a sigil of concentration for 33%, and now you're at 63% before counting any other gear or stats. If you're running chaos, you're pretty much done at this point, since chaotic persistence is very reliable for about 27%-30% duration. You can pick up the rest from a food or something. If you're not running chaos, now you'll need to get that extra 30 from somewhere else. Generally you'll need to put in some commanders gear on top of the foods until you reach that cap point.

>

> It's worth noting that sigil of concentration is not a passive sigil, it's active for 7 seconds following a swap. This means you need to be intelligent with your rotations so that you're producing all the important boons within that time period and not letting the buff fall off before you share.

Aside from the input on Chaotic Persistence, none of what you typed answers my questions. To supplement my screenshot, I explained just below what the exact gear combination is. I did not indicate I have Superior Runes of Leadership and Superior Sigil of Concentration. That's my bad.

It does seem to be fairly mutual in agreement that Chaotic Persistence is reliable enough, in the event that I drop a rotation and/or the fight goes awry I have enough leeway to keep the 100% boon uptime.

> @"Oberwaldmeister.8239" said:

> I play myself a Chaos/Illusion/Chronomancer build reaching 100% boon duration without SoC because therefore I don't have to be aware to switch weapons before I spread my boons.

> But this will automaticaly lead to less damage output because you have to Take Minstrel's or Harrier's gear. Minstrel's will give you more sustain. Both will grant you a good amount of healing power. This is why I built a healing/boon hybrid. It's really chill to play in pugs because with a druid paired you can carry less experienced players.

> BUT its not that efficent in expert/speedclear groups.

> By now with the latest update you get nearly fulltime 8 boons and this gives you 16% boon duration due to chaotic persistence. Therefore you have to reach 84% by gear with or without food.

>

> Edit: be aware the Infinite Mist Mobility Potion gives you at 150 AR 15% Boon duration with the attunement

> That said you have to get less duration through Gear/food in fractals but you have to switch stats for raids to reach 100%

>

> If you want to play with SoC (33% Boon duration) you have to reach 67% with Gear/food with Domination and atleast 51% with chaos traitline

>

>

I was kind of torn on going in to healing because I'm not sure how it plays out in actual application. Now that I took a look at the coefficients, it does seem to be a worthy investment. Thanks for pointing that out, I'll keep that in mind. I do think the damage variant I have now is overall more effective overall. Kill them before they kill you!

I should point out that I do have Sigil of Concentration, and with Chaotic Persistence at a minimum of 5 buffs I achieve 100% boon duration.

This leads me back to my original question... does a different combination of stat pieces achieve a better power/precision/ferocity total with the minimum stat attainment for concentration that gets me 100% boon uptime? Keeping in mind: In my build I want the highest possible damage while achieving 100% boon duration.

Should I consider adjusting the gear so that I don't have to rely on Golden Friend Dumplings?

For best damage you dont take Chaos Traitline because it doesnt give you any damage boost. Therefore you need more concentration for your actual gear.

If you dont have other food then you should stay at the gear which leads you WITH the Dumplings to 100%. But if you want to minmax your damage go for gear to reach 100% WITHOUT it but know that only with damage increasing buff food your actual damage will be higher than with the optimal gear for the dumplings.

There's no other combination... if so then everyone else would use it at this point.

Like SC's build here you can see the regular variant:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQJAsensICFoh9fCmfCMrhFVjiMAGhi78JWipruZn2qF-jVSBQBkUJI/2f4iK/m4DAAAnAA8oFgSqrcPdAHUliAAHAn38A48zP/8zPvmf+5nf+5nf+5nXKgI2VB-w

Another build would be this

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQJAsensICFoh9fCmfCMrhFVjiMAGhi78JWipruZn2qF-jlSBQBUSVBzoEciPAA8oD4gq1cFlGXUZG/2f4eaBAwJAIAQCwMVmCgZammpZammpKTz0MNTz0MNTz0MNTlCIidVA-w

Just take one of SC's builds. Look what you can get (food, infusions etc.) and copy it.