Deadeye Rifle, Pistol/Pistol build?

aries.4256

What type of content are you talking about? PvP? PvE? At least for general purpose PvE I'm afraid to say that rifle and P/P don't have that much synergy due to an inherent flaw in game design this weapon combination is suffering from which is a shame because they have quite similar requirements in regards to both gear and traits. But A-Net implemented rife in a way that puts it in competition with P/P instead of making these two complete each other (which is what every new E-Spec weapon should aspire to do).

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAU6an0MB9OhNGDOOBUGjFkCjrBEAWAe5ggQPg/S2JLlA-jRgiAAgOAA-e

This is actually my main build from 1st day POF, it has everything you need from dealing damage to survive from any type of enemy (veteran and champion included), not to mention that this setup work for PvP as well. For group play, you could swap SA with DA and take improvisation instead of executioner for better DJ rotation.

> @"Barzah.8019" said:

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAU6an0MB9OhNGDOOBUGjFkCjrBEAWAe5ggQPg/S2JLlA-jRgiAAgOAA-e

>

> This is actually my main build from 1st day POF, it has everything you need from dealing damage to survive from any type of enemy (veteran and champion included), not to mention that this setup work for PvP as well. For group play, you could swap SA with DA and take improvisation instead of executioner for better DJ rotation.

Thanks i'll be sure to check it out!

> @"aries.4256" said:

> That build uses Assassin's right?

yep (only for rifle though, my prefered armor set is a mix between marauder & berserker), also remember that you don't need to kneel every single time because your main objective is to pull out DJ as soon as possible. Also you might want to swap to BqBd on low level content since most mob will die before your malice reach maximum rank

Reflect/Projectile block is going to be your achilles heel.... and POF makes use of that in places where Ranged tends to be your best option. This goes double for PvP and WvW, as both have built up paranoia around LB ranger bursts.... so reflects and general projectile hate are baked into builds that can afford it. Just be aware of that.

For PvE, I've found way more effective to run DareDevil with Staff/PP, as Staff has both good front loaded and sustain damage, plus cleave, and the strong hard CCs give it much higher usability across all PvE content. PP is there to act as ranged back up, since Unload does very high single target damage, and an easily sustained if you can all your hits.

Even with the recent changes, the single target nature of both PP and Rifle only really lets DE shine in 1v1, or Group fights where you can camp the edges to avoid aggro. But when Solo against small groups, or a big target that can chase you, an DE all-ranged Deadeye starts to struggle. Pistol is limited in its inability to shut down groups (relying heavily on Blind field as defense), and can't evade while bursting. Rifle has a similar problem. Thats why its recommended to go Melee/Pistol combo to compliment the Rifle, since Pistol gets better controls and evades when paired with a melee weapon (either offhand or main hand).