There a way to skip playing as Caith?

I hated this so much I wouldn't finish the chapter and bargained my daughter to do it for me while I got her the gift of battle.

I don't mind flashbacks but just make it a scene and don't pretend to let me feel like it was my fault. I HATED the flashbacks. Not even sure if there are any after the centaur one. I didn't watch her play it and when I eventually go back for the achievements I'm bargaining again. This is hands down my most hated thing about the game. Thank heavens I need not ever encounter it. Its like. Hey! Here! Have some cruelty! Don't like it? Too bad here's some more!

I will take playing a ranger in a zerg in wvw over season 2. Or ten gifts of exploration or completing another henge or sitting through all the Orr temples five times. Or chalice of tears NOT on a mesmer. Or fractals with newbies. Or getting hero points again for all fifteen new guildies. One at a time.

But I won't ask for it to be changed or removed because some people liked knowing why Caithe is the way she is.

Am still struggling through LS2 unfortunately, but nearly finished... Not my favourite story (fortunately 3 is much better): got naked in the last episode, before I worked out what to do :). I wonder if those repair canisters that must be hiding somewhere in my inv work in instances. Guess I will find out.

• 2 months later...

I liked the mission from a story aspect (it seems that Caithe is/was teetering on the edge of falling to the Nightmare Court's line of thinking), but I didn't like being thrown in with an unfamiliar profession's skills and being expected to perform as though I were playing my own character (Elementalist). I've never played a Thief and you don't really get any kind of tutorial/guide/whatever on how Caithe's skills are meant to be used. That's a tough thing to figure out on-the-go, and I felt that it led to pass/fail moments where I just had to "rez rush" to work through certain portions (which is frustrating).