The 2X dmg Meteor and lack of Anet Response

Meetshield.1756

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > @"Sleepwalker.1398" said:

> > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > "lack of response" by admitting that the damage is higher than it should be and that it will get fixed. It's not something they can just push out in a micropatch

> >

> > Actually they can. If this broke RAID like thief did once, it would be fixed within the hour of them finding out.

>

> That doesn't even compare. Make an entire game mode trivial vs "kill people 40% harder", with the latter being avoidable.

>

>

1. No skill that can be avoided can be overpowered and/or broken

2. All skills can be avoided

Therefore no skill can be overpowered and/or broken. Solved it team.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > @"Sleepwalker.1398" said:

> > > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > > "lack of response" by admitting that the damage is higher than it should be and that it will get fixed. It's not something they can just push out in a micropatch

> > >

> > > Actually they can. If this broke RAID like thief did once, it would be fixed within the hour of them finding out.

> >

> > That doesn't even compare. Make an entire game mode trivial vs "kill people 40% harder", with the latter being avoidable.

> >

> >

>

> 1. No skill that can be avoided can be overpowered and/or broken

> 2. All skills can be avoided

>

> Therefore no skill can be overpowered and/or broken. Solved it team.

Give me back pre-nerf(S) Scourge then.

I play ele about 50% of the time in WvW... the Meteor bug once it was known to me was Fun for the first 2-3 hours. Then everyone figured it out and now a 50 man squad will backup if they see so much as a static from an Ele.

As to its avoidability, Yes if you uninstall Guildwars 2 all of the skills in the game become easily avoidable. You simply don't re-install it.

As for its dodgeability... try contesting a tower circle with 3-4 ele's inside that will meteor it instantly down you and instantly finish you. Ah yes we can wait for the meteor, and they can wait to cast it. and Dodging it? You dodge the first meteor shower to have an ele blink into your group and drop a 2nd meteor shower, you turn to focus the Ele and she pops mist form, you just lost 3-4 dudes.

Not to mention the size of the Meteor circle is exactly the same as a Superior Arrow cart. So you think your just standing in AC fire and boom all your dudes on the ram are dead.

The problem is that it was NOT a bug. Based on the numbers, the 20% increase in damage and the front loaded damage change they made, meteor shower is doing exactly what they programmed it to do. BUT...with all the complaints, Anet agreed that the initial damage was too high so they will get around to "fixing" it. That is why they aren't rushing to patch it, because it wasn't a bug, but clearly intended (and not really tested).

Look at how long they allowed other PoF elites to overperform. Even scourge, which has been gutted about as far as they can, still overperfoms because the elite needs a redesign, not nerfed. Holosmith and mirage still are overtuned, but likely won't see the real gutting until they do the across the board nerfs for the next expansion.

> @"Offair.2563" said:

> > @"Karnasis.6892" said:

> > There's this neat thing called... "dodge" in GW2. Yes it hits like a truck, but if you get hit once, get out of the circle lol. If your out of dodges you can try using a movement skill (multiple classes have them).

> >

> > However, yes, it should be fixed, but no I don't expect them to patch anything like that until Tuesday patches.

>

> Ahh the good ole dodge/l2p comment when skills don't behave as intended. Thank you for restoring my faith in the good ole forum logic.

Except it still behaves exactly as it did before, it's only the damage that has changed, you can still see the red circle, you can still see the meteors drop. And since they drop randomly you actually have quite a bit of leeway to get out of it. I mean I've seen people walk out of a Meteor shower without needing to dodge or use a movement skill and not get hit once. So yes, it is a l2p problem (unless you are on siege, then I get not reacting right away)

> @"Kaiser.9873" said:

> You get hit once for 22K and tell me how well dodging works. 22K meteor plus virtually any other damage destroys most classes. Having this in a "competitive" game mode destroys the game. A week of ultra-pirate ship is wonderful no?

Most classes have ways to avoid/mitigate the damage, besides the dodge. You'd have to basically be standing still with your eyes closed and your sound off to not notice.

I'm also not disputing it's busted damage value, I'm just saying that people are up in arms over a small problem that has been confirmed to be a bug by Anet already. They are aware of the issue, and I suspect it'll be fixed tomorrow. If they don't fix it in a month then people should be upset, but it's been 6 days people, it's not like it's hampering logging in or something more serious.

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> Hopefully some people learn the lesson to keep moving in a fight and not stand still or in red circles for long.

> Positioning has always been important, and people who are lazy and ignore that deserve to be buried in meteors.

>

> There are other one shot skills and combos in the game without even a red ring tell, none of those will be looked at though.

>

There's about a grand canyon's worth of difference between "learn positioning" and "get hit once and you die"

> @"Darknicrofia.2604" said:

> > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > Hopefully some people learn the lesson to keep moving in a fight and not stand still or in red circles for long.

> > Positioning has always been important, and people who are lazy and ignore that deserve to be buried in meteors.

> >

> > There are other one shot skills and combos in the game without even a red ring tell, none of those will be looked at though.

> >

>

> There's about a grand canyon's worth of difference between "learn positioning" and "get hit once and you die"

Like I said, lots of other skills out there that can potentially "get hit once and you die" but no one is calling for those nerfs, and those don't even have a big fat red circle to tell you to get out. Either way I don't really care, I get caught with the odd invisible meteor hits before this was bugged, but people should be learning to predict and get out of the way of bombs and not stand in one position for long which a lot of groups tend to do and should pay the price for it is all I'm saying. When CoR was one shot bombing back lines you think I was standing directly behind the zerg? nope.

I know meteor shower is doing more damage but where are these 18K-25K shots coming from? I run full zerk and I'm lucky to pull 8K-12K on any target (usually it's around 4-5K). So if this is the case, maybe MS needs to be buffed more?

Why is a class with the lowest hp and if out of a position a sitting duck, being looked at to nerf a skill that's on a 24 or 30s cool down? Especially when there is the Rev class running around pulling 10k-14k CoR every 4s and can take a lot more punishment?

We know Anet is going to fix MS, but truth be told, this should not be a priority

1s fear, instantly dropped to full dead on 2.6k armor. The circle and meteors didn't even register on the screen.

Second one, the circle goes up and 5 us us drop. 3k armor + protection. I didn't even know we had a MS on us until I was on the ground. Is your reaction time better? I can consistently survive on a zerker reaper in zerg fights, so I'm going to say my reaction time is generally pretty good. Again, meteor effects were culled. At least I could see the ring go up before it nuked me from orbit!> @"Karnasis.6892" said:

> > @"Offair.2563" said:

> > > @"Karnasis.6892" said:

> > > There's this neat thing called... "dodge" in GW2. Yes it hits like a truck, but if you get hit once, get out of the circle lol. If your out of dodges you can try using a movement skill (multiple classes have them).

> > >

> > > However, yes, it should be fixed, but no I don't expect them to patch anything like that until Tuesday patches.

> >

> > Ahh the good ole dodge/l2p comment when skills don't behave as intended. Thank you for restoring my faith in the good ole forum logic.

>

> Except it still behaves exactly as it did before, it's only the damage that has changed, you can still see the red circle, you can still see the meteors drop. And since they drop randomly you actually have quite a bit of leeway to get out of it. I mean I've seen people walk out of a Meteor shower without needing to dodge or use a movement skill and not get hit once. So yes, it is a l2p problem (unless you are on siege, then I get not reacting right away)

>

> > @"Kaiser.9873" said:

>

> > You get hit once for 22K and tell me how well dodging works. 22K meteor plus virtually any other damage destroys most classes. Having this in a "competitive" game mode destroys the game. A week of ultra-pirate ship is wonderful no?

>

> Most classes have ways to avoid/mitigate the damage, besides the dodge. You'd have to basically be standing still with your eyes closed and your sound off to not notice.

>

> I'm also not disputing it's busted damage value, I'm just saying that people are up in arms over a small problem that has been confirmed to be a bug by Anet already. They are aware of the issue, and I suspect it'll be fixed tomorrow. If they don't fix it in a month then people should be upset, but it's been 6 days people, it's not like it's hampering logging in or something more serious.

> @"Egorum.9506" said:

Except you also had other effects on you, you were also in a scourge aoe. And the second video you were half dead. If your at full hp and watching the area around you I'm sure you'd have a better chance. But I can see there is a problem given chokepoints, being surrounded, etc. However I have seen people get out of these busted MS as well

I keep saying this but I agree the damage is a bit much, but there are plenty of ways to mitigate damage. Dodging, barrier, Movement skills. I admit everyone gets caught in things they didn't expect, myself included, but I see aoe circles and dodge/jump out of them on a regular basis.

Again, I suspect if they are going to fix it, I could see them fixing it tomorrow. However we don't know if it's strictly a number in the database giving the increased damage values, or if it is an unseen symptom of something they changed and the fix isn't as easy as folks think it is.

From a personal standpoint, I liked seeing a scourge get wrecked XD. But we're just shifting one problem for another

> @"Xae.7204" said:

> This thread is great proof that no matter how broken and imbalanced something is someone will swear it is balanced.

I haven't said it's balanced, I've said people should be dodging and using damage mitigation and movement skills to get out of it, but I have also said that I understand it IS DOING more damage than it's supposed to, and agree that it should be lowered to the Tuesdays Patch note value. And it IS possible to get out of the MS (But not all circumstances are the same so you might not be able to)

There wasn't this much uproar over the Air Keep thing which also punished some and rewarded others, was an actual game breaking issue and took awhile to correct.

So you might get hit by a few MS, it's better than being run over by a whole zerg when you're standing unknowingly at an inner supply depot.

I honestly dont understand what kind of logic that Anet uses to balance this game...right now we have a 1200 range skill that does AoE damage doing more damage then many Single target skill...getting 12 K damage while having protection and 3.5K armor cause someone on the other side of the map decided to press 5 and target some random area...stuff like this is that make this game not fun and people quit.

> @"Evolute.6239" said:

> It’s annoying but it’s not gamebreaking. Stop being dramatic.

>

> They said they know it’s bugged and today is Monday. A patch will happen soon enough.

It is gamebreaking in WvW and its now past 7pm pacific time so where is the patch? How can it take over a day to work out a fix? I guarantee if it was gem store related it would have been fixed within hours of Monday morning.

> @"morrolan.9608" said:

> > @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > It’s annoying but it’s not gamebreaking. Stop being dramatic.

> >

> > They said they know it’s bugged and today is Monday. A patch will happen soon enough.

>

> It is gamebreaking in WvW and its now past 7pm pacific time so where is the patch? How can it take over a day to work out a fix? I guarantee if it was gem store related it would have been fixed within hours of Monday morning.

Because patches happen on Tuesdays..... and it's been a week btw, not a day. Also YOU don't know if it REALLY is a simple fix. It could be more complicated. I suspect if there is a fix it will be tomorrow.... patch day.

> @"Karnasis.6892" said:

> > @"morrolan.9608" said:

> > > @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > > It’s annoying but it’s not gamebreaking. Stop being dramatic.

> > >

> > > They said they know it’s bugged and today is Monday. A patch will happen soon enough.

> >

> > It is gamebreaking in WvW and its now past 7pm pacific time so where is the patch? How can it take over a day to work out a fix? I guarantee if it was gem store related it would have been fixed within hours of Monday morning.

>

> Because patches happen on Tuesdays..... and it's been a week btw, not a day. Also YOU don't know if it REALLY is a simple fix. It could be more complicated. I suspect if there is a fix it will be tomorrow.... patch day.

Patches are on Tuesdays every 2 weeks, hotfixes occur throughout the week, this needed to be hotfixed. And I say day because it only really became evident on Friday, I'm actually cutting anet some slack by saying it should have been fixed today.

> @"HazyDaisy.4107" said:

> There wasn't this much uproar over the Air Keep thing which also punished some and rewarded others, was an actual game breaking issue and took awhile to correct.

>

> So you might get hit by a few MS, it's better than being run over by a whole zerg when you're standing unknowingly at an inner supply depot.

Exactly, no one really cares about PPT if you hadn't noticed, especially on red borderland.

Randomly having half your properly speced and geared raid getting 1 shot by a massive AOE skill that culls on the other hand is kinda a big damn deal!

Because randomly having your T3 keep taken by a group of enemies that only put in half the work isn't a big deal?

Why try and sidetrack my analogy with a PPT argument? It's not about ppt (which BTW is far more important to some people than they'll admit), it's that the issues are one in the same, someone losing because of broken while someone else benefits because of broken.

This will get fixed just like the other issue did, I just find it humorous the outrage in these threads when the issue can affect anyone at anytime as opposed to only 4 of the 12 servers at a time.

> @"DeadlySynz.3471" said:

> I know meteor shower is doing more damage but where are these 18K-25K shots coming from? I run full zerk and I'm lucky to pull 8K-12K on any target (usually it's around 4-5K). So if this is the case, maybe MS needs to be buffed more?

>

> Why is a class with the lowest hp and if out of a position a sitting duck, being looked at to nerf a skill that's on a 24 or 30s cool down? Especially when there is the Rev class running around pulling 10k-14k CoR every 4s and can take a lot more punishment?

>

> We know Anet is going to fix MS, but truth be told, this should not be a priority

Your build is bad, which explains why you don't do damage. Run less zerk and actual decent traits / boon uptime and you'll get more damage.

My meteor is doing more damage than a rev CoR by a long shot and i'm far more mobile than any rev. That said rev still has some more group support.

> @"HazyDaisy.4107" said:

> Because randomly having your T3 keep taken by a group of enemies that only put in half the work isn't a big deal?

>

> Why try and sidetrack my analogy with a PPT argument? It's not about ppt (which BTW is far more important to some people than they'll admit), it's that the issues are one in the same, someone losing because of broken while someone else benefits because of broken.

>

> This will get fixed just like the other issue did, I just find it humorous the outrage in these threads when the issue can affect anyone at anytime as opposed to only 4 of the 12 servers at a time.

Pretending PPT on desert bl is balanced is a joke. You can be upset about the air keep bug but the truth is PPT on desert bl isn't anywhere near balanced. So no; most players don't care.

More players care because meteor impacts their fun, gameplay, entertainment. Where as most players don't care about PPT, much less about desert BL. In fact; desert bl is where the former EOTM type players go to ktrian and hide away from the fights.

Ranting about how the game is unbalanced in PPT because of desert air keep being bugged is... honestly funny considering how obnoxious of a keep desert air keep is. You'll rant if you think it's not in your favor but the truth is entire desert bl is bad for PPT balance ;)

> @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > @"DeadlySynz.3471" said:

> > I know meteor shower is doing more damage but where are these 18K-25K shots coming from? I run full zerk and I'm lucky to pull 8K-12K on any target (usually it's around 4-5K). So if this is the case, maybe MS needs to be buffed more?

> >

> > Why is a class with the lowest hp and if out of a position a sitting duck, being looked at to nerf a skill that's on a 24 or 30s cool down? Especially when there is the Rev class running around pulling 10k-14k CoR every 4s and can take a lot more punishment?

> >

> > We know Anet is going to fix MS, but truth be told, this should not be a priority

>

> Your build is bad, which explains why you don't do damage. Run less zerk and actual decent traits / boon uptime and you'll get more damage.

> My meteor is doing more damage than a rev CoR by a long shot and i'm far more mobile than any rev. That said rev still has some more group support.

He's probably staff ele. The real problem seems to be weaver, which can generate a lot more buffs/power/etc quickly and then fire off an OP Meteor Storm.

As to fixing it, they need to be careful they don't completely nerf it into the ground for other eles- which means they need to adjust other things on weaver and not just the raw figures on ele (and then hopefully actually test it, lols). So it's not as simple as it sounds.

Then we can go back to 4 sec 12-14k CoR (compared to 30 second cooldown on meteor), insta downed macro using thiefs, mes spikes insta downed, stealth abuse- which people seem to think are less of an issue than meteor because?

Face it- Point of Failure boosted damage too much and trying to balance that is pretty much a losing game.