Trying to get into support chrono, need some pointers

Strigidae.8540

Hello all!

I'm interested in getting into the support chrono. I've been reading a lot of guides and builds, but as some were a bit outdated, I have a few questions:

- Is it still possible to achieve permanent alacrity and quickness with one chrono? As some of the builds I've seen are from before the clone rework.

- How many (and which) commander pieces do I need to achieve 100% boon duration without consumables?

- How many (and which) commander pieces do I need to achieve 100% boon duration without consumables nor Sigils of Concentration?

- According to the last patch notes, Aegis sharing has been severely nerfed. That's one boon, I'm ok with it, but what about Chaotic Persistance going down to 2% from 3%? Does it affect the older builds found on sites like MetaBattle?

- Any general tips you can offer me?

Thanks!

Ok, I've found out that the sigil of concentration is obligatory, that's fine.

Currently I only have 100 AR so I can't benefit from the potion that much. And even if I can, I don't like relying on consumables.

Will the build work just as fine if I sacrifice some berserker pieces for commanders in order to reach 100% boon duration without food?

> @"Strigidae.8540" said:

> - Is it still possible to achieve permanent alacrity and quickness with one chrono? As some of the builds I've seen are from before the clone rework.

On a 10-man squad with 1 chrono? Not even remotely possible, and it hasn't been for years. On a 5 man group? Easily.

> - How many (and which) commander pieces do I need to achieve 100% boon duration without consumables?

> - How many (and which) commander pieces do I need to achieve 100% boon duration without consumables nor Sigils of Concentration?

You can expect about 9 boons at all times, so you'll get 18% duration from chaotic persistence. Leadership runes give you 30%, so you'll get 48% before gear and the sigil of concentration. I'm not gonna math this out for you, but you should be able to figure out the answer to your question pretty easily from this point in a gear builder.

> - According to the last patch notes, Aegis sharing has been severely nerfed. That's one boon, I'm ok with it, but what about Chaotic Persistance going down to 2% from 3%? Does it affect the older builds found on sites like MetaBattle?

The aegis nerf is completely irrelevant. You'll still be producing 4 seconds of aegis, and that's far more than enough to block any attacks you use it for. We used to share 1 second of distortion instead of aegis, so 4 seconds should be easily manageable.

The chaotic persistence nerf affects gearing. It means that you'll need more boon duration on armor/trinkets than you previously did in order to hit 100%. It doesn't affect how the build is played though, only the gearing of it.

> - Any general tips you can offer me?

If you're tanking for raids, you need to know the mechanics better than any other person in the group, so keep that in mind.