I can't play any of the story mode with disconnects!

This is the last option available to me. I've been playing 6months or so and bought living story 2 & 3 and both expansions and i can't complete any of the story modes as i make it to the final scene and it kicks me out and i have to restart all over again. The game also disconnects for me after a game of pvp and it's on the stats screen and if i click between the score tab and stats tab a few times it will crash. During the game i have perfect ping with no lag or anything.

I opened a ticket and used the repair software and also ran the program which shows my issues and sent it back to them. I then got told to open the relevant ports which i did again (the 4 ports are 100% open, i tested them over and over).

I gave up on support at this stage as it takes too long for a reply (i understand they had a huge backlog at the time) and started looking for online solutions. Things i have tried:

1. Using port foward shortcut in target line in shortcut to each port.

2. Deleting the dat file.

3. Completely uninstalling and reinstalling the game

4. Running the game in admin mode/ configuring windows defender to allow the game full access.

5. Ringing up my IP and asking them to make sure my ports were open on my static IP address and testing the router over and over. They confirmed they were and there's absolutely no problem my end.

None of the above worked and so i'm stuck not having a clue about the game's story and trying to hold back on doing the maps as i want to know what's going on around me before i do them and i want to do everything in order.

Does anyone have a different fix that worked for them as official support can't seem to help me out. At this stage i'm just thinking of moving to a different game. I never have dc's in any other game ever, it's only this one.

Some players have had success using a VPN.

Some players have had success minimizing cut-scenes.

Some players have had success continuously moving their character/utilizing Skills during cut-scenes.

The Devs are trying to find what causes some portion of players to disconnect during cut-scenes, but have yet to discover a common cause, or a way to reproduce the issue.

Good luck.

I feel your pain, I'm stuck with the exact same problem being disconnected every time I try and complete the Victory or Death mission.. have tried all of the suggestions online except a VPN and have been back and forth with support with them asking me to do the same things you've posted as well. Been through that mission 20+ times so far and wasted a tonne of my time.

Honestly, it's just sapping my enjoyment from the game not being able to progress.

Edit: This thread [https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28354/storyline-disconnects](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28354/storyline-disconnects "https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28354/storyline-disconnects") there's various posting with the same issue and a google search on it shows this issue going back over a year so whether the Devs actually are working on it remains to be seen as it's been around quite a while and still isn't on their list of known issues.