Dagger

wolverine.5164

Sadly that still won’t help the PvE side of things because you’ll run into the fundamental problem:

Boons are next to nonexistent in PvE.

The class itself suffered from this back when PoF was released (it was deemed a PvP-only class, using it in PvE was unthinkable).

Now the class itself has received raw damage buffs since then and works fine as Power DPS but Dagger itself was left in its launch state pretty much.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Kiroshima.8497" said:

> I mean, you could adjust the dagger trait to like "more damage to disenchanted/slow foes" instead of just that one in the first line.

>

> Like this:

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Danger_Time

We have just 1 slow though it'd be a nerf. I still kinda like my idea that sun and moon gives vulnerability on crit, it would give a damage boost.

> @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > @"Kiroshima.8497" said:

> > I mean, you could adjust the dagger trait to like "more damage to disenchanted/slow foes" instead of just that one in the first line.

> >

> > Like this:

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Danger_Time

>

> We have just 1 slow though it'd be a nerf. I still kinda like my idea that sun and moon gives vulnerability on crit, it would give a damage boost.

This was responding to Oglaf after I had mentioned attaching Disenchantment to both Dagger burst (no longer strips boons), Dagger 2 to convert up to 2 boons into bonus slow (1 per boon, 1 base), and Dagger 5 to have a miniature WoD effect (5 targets, smaller, applies Disenchantment, blocks projectiles).

Being a part of the dagger trait, it would be much more accessible to have a slow and disenchantment grant bonus crit/crit damage effect, instead of just quickness on interrupt and life steal on crit (which makes 0 sense thematically and mechanically anyways).

Like seriously, what does the current Sun and Moon style have to do with

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Sun_and_Moon_Slash

?????

Like, I GUESS the fact that it synergized with Vampiric and other mods is why it has the crit life steal? MAYBE?

> > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > @"Kiroshima.8497" said:

> > > I mean, you could adjust the dagger trait to like "more damage to disenchanted/slow foes" instead of just that one in the first line.

> > >

> > > Like this:

> > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Danger_Time

> >

> > We have just 1 slow though it'd be a nerf. I still kinda like my idea that sun and moon gives vulnerability on crit, it would give a damage boost.

>

> This was responding to Oglaf after I had mentioned attaching Disenchantment to both Dagger burst (no longer strips boons), Dagger 2 to convert up to 2 boons into bonus slow (1 per boon, 1 base), and Dagger 5 to have a miniature WoD effect (5 targets, smaller, applies Disenchantment, blocks projectiles).

>

> Being a part of the dagger trait, it would be much more accessible to have a slow and disenchantment grant bonus crit/crit damage effect, instead of just quickness on interrupt and life steal on crit (which makes 0 sense thematically and mechanically anyways).

>

> Like seriously, what does the current Sun and Moon style have to do with

> https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Sun_and_Moon_Slash

> ?????

>

> Like, I GUESS the fact that it synergized with Vampiric and other mods is why it has the crit life steal? MAYBE?

Mine was saying that like Oglaf said there's not enough boons in PvE that a trait like that would do much good. Also Anet already has a way that boons get corrupted each one has a certain condition that it gets converted into. The disenchantment idea would be pretty nice in PvP/WvW though. As to why I included my thought on sun and moon is because we're trying to come up with ways to increase PvE dps on daggers.

> @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > @"Kiroshima.8497" said:

> > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > @"Kiroshima.8497" said:

> > > > I mean, you could adjust the dagger trait to like "more damage to disenchanted/slow foes" instead of just that one in the first line.

> > > >

> > > > Like this:

> > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Danger_Time

> > >

> > > We have just 1 slow though it'd be a nerf. I still kinda like my idea that sun and moon gives vulnerability on crit, it would give a damage boost.

> >

> > This was responding to Oglaf after I had mentioned attaching Disenchantment to both Dagger burst (no longer strips boons), Dagger 2 to convert up to 2 boons into bonus slow (1 per boon, 1 base), and Dagger 5 to have a miniature WoD effect (5 targets, smaller, applies Disenchantment, blocks projectiles).

> >

> > Being a part of the dagger trait, it would be much more accessible to have a slow and disenchantment grant bonus crit/crit damage effect, instead of just quickness on interrupt and life steal on crit (which makes 0 sense thematically and mechanically anyways).

> >

> > Like seriously, what does the current Sun and Moon style have to do with

> > https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Sun_and_Moon_Slash

> > ?????

> >

> > Like, I GUESS the fact that it synergized with Vampiric and other mods is why it has the crit life steal? MAYBE?

>

> Mine was saying that like Oglaf said there's not enough boons in PvE that a trait like that would do much good. Also Anet already has a way that boons get corrupted each one has a certain condition that it gets converted into. The disenchantment idea would be pretty nice in PvP/WvW though. As to why I included my thought on sun and moon is because we're trying to come up with ways to increase PvE dps on daggers.

I mean, disenchantment/slow would apply whether they have boons or not, which means WoD would be a DPS increase for 10 seconds for you and any other Sun and Moon warriors; there's also slow options from Chrono (Delayed Reactions, Shield 4, Arcane Thievery, Time Warp, and Well of Action).

> > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > @"Kiroshima.8497" said:

> > > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > > @"Kiroshima.8497" said:

> > > > > I mean, you could adjust the dagger trait to like "more damage to disenchanted/slow foes" instead of just that one in the first line.

> > > > >

> > > > > Like this:

> > > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Danger_Time

> > > >

> > > > We have just 1 slow though it'd be a nerf. I still kinda like my idea that sun and moon gives vulnerability on crit, it would give a damage boost.

> > >

> > > This was responding to Oglaf after I had mentioned attaching Disenchantment to both Dagger burst (no longer strips boons), Dagger 2 to convert up to 2 boons into bonus slow (1 per boon, 1 base), and Dagger 5 to have a miniature WoD effect (5 targets, smaller, applies Disenchantment, blocks projectiles).

> > >

> > > Being a part of the dagger trait, it would be much more accessible to have a slow and disenchantment grant bonus crit/crit damage effect, instead of just quickness on interrupt and life steal on crit (which makes 0 sense thematically and mechanically anyways).

> > >

> > > Like seriously, what does the current Sun and Moon style have to do with

> > > https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Sun_and_Moon_Slash

> > > ?????

> > >

> > > Like, I GUESS the fact that it synergized with Vampiric and other mods is why it has the crit life steal? MAYBE?

> >

> > Mine was saying that like Oglaf said there's not enough boons in PvE that a trait like that would do much good. Also Anet already has a way that boons get corrupted each one has a certain condition that it gets converted into. The disenchantment idea would be pretty nice in PvP/WvW though. As to why I included my thought on sun and moon is because we're trying to come up with ways to increase PvE dps on daggers.

>

> I mean, disenchantment/slow would apply whether they have boons or not, which means WoD would be a DPS increase for 10 seconds for you and any other Sun and Moon warriors; there's also slow options from Chrono (Delayed Reactions, Shield 4, Arcane Thievery, Time Warp, and Well of Action).

On a 90 second cool down. Also how long would the disenchantment last on the other skills?

I'd go with 3 or 4 on Burst, especially since it doesn't stack in duration, so using it twice in quick succession wouldn't suppress boons that long (since full counter resets your primary burst on hit). Dagger 5 (assume it stays the same bladestorm) would get a smaller amount probably, 2 seconds per hit, but that makes it last about 3.5 seconds total since it has that cast time, letting other dagger warriors use that time to do extra damage. Dagger 2 would probably be like 2 seconds of slow, +1 per boon ripped (.5 buff from current with 0 boons).

Note that holding onto your burst could hurt your damage from Strength line, so solo warriors have to consider whether to use Burst -> Full Counter -> Burst for things like Berserker's Power stacks (lose 7% damage for a little bit), or spacing it out for more Disenchantment time (30% crit rate and 10% crit damage theoretical).

But naturally, slow from Chronos would help you out quite a bit.

I mean, it's literally a damage increase since the other options are "cripple and slow on full counter" and "do a tiny amount of damage when you strip a boon" which obviously doesn't do anything in PvE. Having it simply be "does the target have slow or Disenchantment" and increasing the uptime for those effects on D/D allows you to gain damage in a trait column that offers no damage.

30% crit rate and 10% crit damage (multiplicative btw, it doesn't add to ferocity) is quite a bit of free stats.