30k power reaper to Scourge

Totalkill.8014

Valkyrie gear won't work too well for scourge since you are missing the 50% crit chance from reaper. Scourge doesn't really give anything to a power build so your best bet is a condi build with viper gear 4 runes of nightmare 2 runes of the trapper, scepter/torch+scepter/dagger, sigil of malice and geomancy, rare veggie pizza and toxic focusing crystals and as many viper trinkets as needed for 100% condiduration the rest sinister.

For traitlines curses 113, soul reaping 123 and scourge 222 is probably your best bet utilities should probably be trail of anguish, blood is power and probably shadow fiend for life force, plaguelands as elite and blood fiend as heal

• 4 weeks later...

> @"Remus Darkblight.1673" said:

> > @Totalkill.8014 said:

> > Chears for that, how to I obtain Vipers gear?

>

> You can craft it but you need to buy the recipe from HoT currency merchants or Proofs of Heroics in WvW with the HoT recipes unlocked. It uses Black diamonds.

It seems like those recipes are not available at WvW vendors ..

Try to buy em.. but 2 blank pages in vendor tab.. no recipe..

Edit. tabs are back @ wvw vendor.

It's best just to craft any stat pre Heart of thorns and convert it to Vipers via the mystic forge, it's far easier than farming the mats to craft HoT vipers directly. You'll need to get the vipers insignia recipe first though and I can't quite remember how you get it but that you can wiki.. ...

i did power reaper testing yesterday. berserker is better now. the oil that transformed 10% vitality in ferocity is gone (which was what made the build so good).

scholar rune on the other hand adds another multiplier of 1.1x

that is simply better now.

i did 28k dps with berserker and scholar rune yesterday (golem, unrealistic buffs). valkyrie + wurm rune does only 26k. (again unrealistic buffs)

with realistic buffs power reaper ends up with 26k dps (bers + scholar).

i decided for a mix in the end. i have valkyrie armor. trinkest and weapon are zerker (or zerker+valkyrie).

extra vitality CAN help with scholar uptime (when a healer is present). the extra precision helps in environments without perfect buffs (compared to valk only)

i lose just about 30 power by using some valkyrie/vitalty gear (sharpening stones scale with precision), but i feel more comfortable with 3.6k life more (1st world problems).

> @Aetatis.5418 said:

> i did power reaper testing yesterday. berserker is better now. the oil that transformed 10% vitality in ferocity is gone (which was what made the build so good).

> scholar rune on the other hand adds another multiplier of 1.1x

> that is simply better now.

> i did 28k dps with berserker and scholar rune yesterday (golem, unrealistic buffs). valkyrie + wurm rune does only 26k. (again unrealistic buffs)

> with realistic buffs power reaper ends up with 26k dps (bers + scholar).

>

> i decided for a mix in the end. i have valkyrie armor. trinkest and weapon are zerker (or zerker+valkyrie).

> extra vitality CAN help with scholar uptime (when a healer is present). the extra precision helps in environments without perfect buffs (compared to valk only)

> i lose just about 30 power by using some valkyrie/vitalty gear (sharpening stones scale with precision), but i feel more comfortable.

Ah okay then. In that case I definitely think Anet should Decimate Defenses to 1% crit chance and crit damage per vuln stack.

> that is simply better now.

> i did 28k dps with berserker and scholar rune yesterday (golem, unrealistic buffs). valkyrie + wurm rune does only 26k. (again unrealistic buffs)

> with realistic buffs power reaper ends up with 26k dps (bers + scholar).

>

This is an interesting info. I’ve pretty much main Power Necro (Reaper) for two years now since I fell in love with its gameplay and mechanic. 26k dps for realistic buffs seems pretty darn alright for regular PvE gameplay and casual fractal runs with friends. (Necro being the last man to probably die in a scenario, it has average dps but then sustainable)