If ANet said they want to revamp all legends in order from most need to least need of revamp

Knighthonor.4061

1. Mallyx - he does not exist in competitve modes due to inability to stick to his targets and extremely high energy costs on skills that do damage.

2. Kalla - obvious one - solo he's screwed.

3. Glint - i feel herald should have more global facets (like f2) and something new put into utility slots

4. Jalis - not too good in 1v1's.

5. Ventari - short on buffs there, chief. Also larger radiuos of his skills would be nice

6. Shiro - He's fine for most part.

All this talk about utility skills...am I missing something or did they fix the bugs with them last patch? By that I mean them sometimes straight up disappearing in combat or reverting to standard layout and not the keys you put them on. Ya'll want more stuff and that's cool, but I'd just like the class to not be coded poorly in that area at least.

Mallyx - He was created with a specific vision in mind, apply conditions on yourself to then deflect them on others while sustaining yourself with resistance, but this design has been mostly stripped away throughout its life span without anything taking its place, making the whole legend + associated trait line mostly hollow. Moreover such design would be unsustainable with the amount of boon rip the game has today. It might be fine in PvE, because the lack of purpose is overshadowed by passive damage increase, but in sPvP/WvW it's borderline unplayable.

Kalla - She's simply too inflexible to be any good outside of PvE, as all of her skills behave similarly (they're basically wells with health), and if she is useful as an hybrid support/condition damage there, it's mainly because the lack of flexibility doesn't really matter in PvE as long as the damage output is good, nonetheless this is far from acceptable, as it only works because how the PvE is mostly designed to be a DPS race (which is another issue by itself), and here again we've another unplayable legend in sPvP/WvW. Moreover the Citadel Orders have no synergy whatsoever with the core Revenant, and are just additional skills, they also don't change the way you play Revenant, unlike what other especs have done for their core classes, such as Scourge.

Jalis - He's supposed to be played as a sort of tank, with crown control, damage mitigation, and boons to support that role (stability and retaliation, note the lack of protection in the core skills), but the truth being he's useless at that job. In PvE taunt is useless on bosses outside of being another utility to break bar, for instance you cannot use taunt to take aggro, the stability application is far worse than on Warrior or Guardian, where it's also easier to apply, and the damage mitigation is too weak to answer the pressure coming from both current power and condition builds in sPvP/WvW. Jalis is left to a filler role in PvE pDPS builds, to recharge your energy and wait for Shiro to be back again.

Ventari - He's mostly fine but suffers a lot from the clunky manoeuvrability of the tablet, it should be made smoother, and also lacks a good pull, which is a vital tool to have for a support.

Glint - She's designed to be a boon bot, and does the job quite well, and her active skills are useful in different context, the upkeep on Facet of Nature also has a good synergy with Glint herself, even though it lack synergy with the other core legends, if Jalis had better boon application it might change, but similarly to Renegade the Herald doesn't really change the way you'll play Revenant.

Shiro - He's the best designed legend in my opinion, he's supposed to be an assassin, and therefore has great tools to disengage/reengage while applying a huge pressure on the opponents, but has low survivability.

> @"tiraniko.3087" said:

> it would be fun if kalla skills works like real summon. not like now... killible aoe buff totem

I don't think Anet are so keen on doing like that again considering how much people hated the gyros for scrapper. That being said I do admit it would be kinda cool having a ghostly warband follow you around and fight stuff. You can go the way of the necro and give them secondary skills on their utilities that activate their group buffs.

> @"VixusIrine.9013" said:

> > @"tiraniko.3087" said:

> > it would be fun if kalla skills works like real summon. not like now... killible aoe buff totem

>

> I don't think Anet are so keen on doing like that again considering how much people hated the gyros for scrapper. That being said I do admit it would be kinda cool having a ghostly warband follow you around and fight stuff. You can go the way of the necro and give them secondary skills on their utilities that activate their group buffs.

I'd rather they be immune to damage but have a breakbar that, when broken, will kill them. That way, it stops their effect being randomly interrupted and dying from behind sneezed on. But keeps it so they have some counterplay.