Back to GW2

I know I'm not the only one but I'm giving GW2 another go. Haven't played for ages. I remember I played Warrior and Ranger and had them geared quite decently (even did some serious fractals in the past). I think I'd like to discover this game again and start from zero, delete previous characters, buy DLCs, which came out during my absence. My questions are following:

1. Which class should I choose - dps/tank wise? Excluding Warrior and Ranger. Perhaps dps Guardian or Elementalist? I'm casual gamer who likes theorycrafting and maximum efficiency.

2. Would anybody recommend any guild? It can be English or Polish speaking. PVE/PVP not just one side oriented.

Necro is always a good choice (both as a tank & dps)... thief is good choice for dps/speed/evasion, but of course thats my own opinion. I'd also advise against deleting too many past characters due to the birthday rewards they get per year....

I would say dont delete your 1st 2 characters. You can go beserker and spellbreaker for warrior and soulbeast and druid for ranger which happen to be great classes.

For a fresh start, guardian is a great class that can do dps and support. Pretty much any class can tank but chrono does it better and also has a great dps alternative. As far as guilds go there are plenty that advertise in lions arch. You have up to 5 you can keep.

Apart from the BD presents, you probably have rounded up some handy account currencies and other account-wide items you'll regret losing if you delete your characters. There's no real reason to delete them (aside from freeing up slots) because you can still create a fresh one and go with that from zero.

Anyways, welcome back, hope you'll enjoy it!

> @"Primordial.9618" said:

> I know I'm not the only one but I'm giving GW2 another go. Haven't played for ages. I remember I played Warrior and Ranger and had them geared quite decently (even did some serious fractals in the past). I think I'd like to discover this game again and start from zero, delete previous characters, buy DLCs, which came out during my absence. My questions are following:

> 1. Which class should I choose - dps/tank wise? Excluding Warrior and Ranger. Perhaps dps Guardian or Elementalist? I'm casual gamer who likes theorycrafting and maximum efficiency.

what game more are you looking to get into, pvp/wvw/pve?

> 2. Would anybody recommend any guild? It can be English or Polish speaking. PVE/PVP not just one side oriented.

Try the lfg section in the forums or ask in game, I see guilds recruiting in la every now and then. Also are you in na or eu?

> @"Sephylon.4938" said:

> > @"Primordial.9618" said:

> > I know I'm not the only one but I'm giving GW2 another go. Haven't played for ages. I remember I played Warrior and Ranger and had them geared quite decently (even did some serious fractals in the past). I think I'd like to discover this game again and start from zero, delete previous characters, buy DLCs, which came out during my absence. My questions are following:

> > 1. Which class should I choose - dps/tank wise? Excluding Warrior and Ranger. Perhaps dps Guardian or Elementalist? I'm casual gamer who likes theorycrafting and maximum efficiency.

> what game more are you looking to get into, pvp/wvw/pve?

> > 2. Would anybody recommend any guild? It can be English or Polish speaking. PVE/PVP not just one side oriented.

> Try the lfg section in the forums or ask in game, I see guilds recruiting in la every now and then. Also are you in na or eu?

>

>

I like both PVE and PVP, wouldn't play one mode exclusively. Never really understood and experienced WvW to its full potential. I'm in EU.

You’d probably want something like chronomancer for DPS/tank role. You’d need multiple sets of armor to do more than one role but that holds true for any class.

Chrono is the tank meta in PvE, mirage is still really powerful in PvP and you can play a DPS variant of mesmer as well in PvE.