A simple change to make necro useful for end game?

Add into the traitline Reaping Aura - Enemies withing X take 5% More damage from all sources.

Themeatically it works, a reaper is coming for you, you are gonna die. Mechanically makes Reaper a little useful in team comps. Maybe Reaper cant pull in the same damage numbers due to shroud. But helping others get a little extra milage out of their damage makes up for that.

No, mostly because this is an unique damage aura and we are already having issues with profession specific buffs. You want less of these instead of more.

Not to mention the number is pretty broken due to EA is only around 2.5% ish buff for power classes? This just straight up outclass it.

I am not sure why you are shifting the goal post here and by making the comparison with vamp presence when it was never in the discussion. Of course it is weak when you compare it to EA especially when you are comparing it to 3 different things merged together. We are talking about a new proposed trait here that is actually just stronger than all 3 of them together.

As for each profession having their unique bonuses. You have seen the raid scene for the past couple years right? Why Chrono/Druid/Warrior in raids no matter what even with really heavy handed nerfs on some of their skills? Imagine every class have an unique damage boon/aura on the same level as them. You are going to have a meta consist of 10 different unique professions. We have seen this happening back in WoW and now where they thought about adding it back, then decided to heavily tone it down because they have went down this exact route before. Let's not repeat the same mistake.

How about...

* Dhuumfire also replaces dark fields on Necromancer skills with fire fields.

* Soul Comprehension also adds 200 healing power

* Reaper's Protection now stun breaks up to 5 allies in a 240 radius.

* Cast time for Signet of Undeath has been reduced to 1 second in PvE and the radius has been increased to 240

* Plague Signet will now instantly store and hold one condition from up to 10 allies in PvE and 3 allies in PvP and WvW. Activating the Signet on a target will transfer all conditions. Activating the Signet without a target will cause Lesser Consume Conditions where a small amount of health and Life Force is gained by the Necromancer.

> @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> How about...

>

> * Dhuumfire also replaces dark fields on Necromancer skills with fire fields.

> * Soul Comprehension also adds 200 healing power

> * Reaper's Protection now stun breaks up to 5 allies in a 240 radius.

> * Cast time for Signet of Undeath has been reduced to 1 second in PvE and the radius has been increased to 240

> * Plague Signet will now instantly store and hold one condition from up to 10 allies in PvE and 3 allies in PvP and WvW. Activating the Signet on a target will transfer all conditions. Activating the Signet without a target will cause Lesser Consume Conditions where a small amount of health and Life Force is gained by the Necromancer.

Mmmh this feels like in next patch, other classes get this buffs OH wait

> @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> > @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> > How about...

> >

> > * Dhuumfire also replaces dark fields on Necromancer skills with fire fields.

> > * Soul Comprehension also adds 200 healing power

> > * Reaper's Protection now stun breaks up to 5 allies in a 240 radius.

> > * Cast time for Signet of Undeath has been reduced to 1 second in PvE and the radius has been increased to 240

> > * Plague Signet will now instantly store and hold one condition from up to 10 allies in PvE and 3 allies in PvP and WvW. Activating the Signet on a target will transfer all conditions. Activating the Signet without a target will cause Lesser Consume Conditions where a small amount of health and Life Force is gained by the Necromancer.

>

> Mmmh this feels like in next patch, other classes get this buffs OH wait

Revenant was created out of Necromancer's despair, right?

> @"Warscythes.9307" said:

> I am not sure why you are shifting the goal post here and by making the comparison with vamp presence when it was never in the discussion. Of course it is weak when you compare it to EA especially when you are comparing it to 3 different things merged together. We are talking about a new proposed trait here that is actually just stronger than all 3 of them together.

>

> As for each profession having their unique bonuses. You have seen the raid scene for the past couple years right? Why Chrono/Druid/Warrior in raids no matter what even with really heavy handed nerfs on some of their skills? Imagine every class have an unique damage boon/aura on the same level as them. You are going to have a meta consist of 10 different unique professions. We have seen this happening back in WoW and now where they thought about adding it back, then decided to heavily tone it down because they have went down this exact route before. Let's not repeat the same mistake.

>

>

Its a mistake to want more than 3 classes be the true meta for a raid....Sure sure. Why would you want all classes to be desirable.

Also I wasnt making it about vampric presence, I was just stating the thing necro can give, compared to the hoard of things that warrior has. Sure 5% Probably a bit high, clearly numbers are all placehoder, it would also have a target limit.

My main point is, Themeatically it makes sense, and it is a way of making a class have better group desirability without pushing its own DPS too high as the Devs have shown that deathshroud means you cant be near top end dps.

I do also have to ask, why so hostile? Like sure state no, give critique, opinions etc...

> @"Barnabus Stinson.1409" said:

> Its a mistake to want more than 3 classes be the true meta for a raid....Sure sure. Why would you want all classes to be desirable.

>

Ah, this goes completely opposite of balance. Arenanet's whole game development was supposedly to do away with the triad. I would like all professions equally welcome, and equally dispensible in PvE and competitive modes. If enough professions have enough overlapping builds that any PUG can, smartly, adjust their builds rather than kick, and PvP or WvW can do the same seeing team comp, that is balance.

One profession cannot be everything but it can be two or three things.

> @"Barnabus Stinson.1409" said:

> > @"Warscythes.9307" said:

> > I am not sure why you are shifting the goal post here and by making the comparison with vamp presence when it was never in the discussion. Of course it is weak when you compare it to EA especially when you are comparing it to 3 different things merged together. We are talking about a new proposed trait here that is actually just stronger than all 3 of them together.

> >

> > As for each profession having their unique bonuses. You have seen the raid scene for the past couple years right? Why Chrono/Druid/Warrior in raids no matter what even with really heavy handed nerfs on some of their skills? Imagine every class have an unique damage boon/aura on the same level as them. You are going to have a meta consist of 10 different unique professions. We have seen this happening back in WoW and now where they thought about adding it back, then decided to heavily tone it down because they have went down this exact route before. Let's not repeat the same mistake.

> >

> >

>

> Its a mistake to want more than 3 classes be the true meta for a raid....Sure sure. Why would you want all classes to be desirable.

> Also I wasnt making it about vampric presence, I was just stating the thing necro can give, compared to the hoard of things that warrior has. Sure 5% Probably a bit high, clearly numbers are all placehoder, it would also have a target limit.

>

> My main point is, Themeatically it makes sense, and it is a way of making a class have better group desirability without pushing its own DPS too high as the Devs have shown that deathshroud means you cant be near top end dps.

>

> I do also have to ask, why so hostile? Like sure state no, give critique, opinions etc...

Disagreeing is not really being hostile. I am unsure why you believe I am being hostile as I think I am being rather neutral here. I stated no and gave reasoning and examples. If that is how you interpret it then be assured that I did not intend it to be so.

As for the comment about more than 3 classes. I am afraid you misunderstood what I said. Right now there are currently essentially 4 locked slots in Raid. 2 Chrono, 1 druid and 1 Warrior and a lot of it has to do with their unique boons/auras. The rest can be whichever dps or support.

Now imagine every class has an unique aura/boon on the same level of Chrono/Druid/Warrior. You would then have 10 slots locked and each slot can only be filled by 1 specific profession. That's a pretty terrible outcome and would have less diversity than what we have now.

Also sure thematically makes sense but I don't understand how providing better group dps is any different from having higher personal dps. What's the difference between say giving a damage buff to everyone that gives a total group dps of 5k vs just increase your own personal dps by 5k? Having shroud means that your dps cannot be as high as say eles or thieves. This dps factors both your personal and group contribution as dps is dps. Is the same thing and doesn't really matter how you provide it.

Buffing your group by 5k total is clearly preferable than buffing self by 5k. You buff a single profession 5k and it causes mass balance issues for pvp as well as in PVE as on its own the class is more viable. Giving power to allies gives the same effect and makes you a more useful dps. But doesnt break other modes or make one class seem OP cause its reliant on its allies.

As for the Classes in raid scenarios how is it better almost half the group MUST be Chrono, Druid, and Warrior. Its makes classes (which they have been almost since launch) on a tiered system. Warrior, Mesmer have forever been beloved by devs, and druid joins the group as well after coming with HoT. While all other classes go through phases of being semi desirable to instant kick from most LFG's. That is not good balance.

I do get your point of you would have 10 locked spots, but if you toned down the unqiue buff, gave one and only one to every spec in some form, then sure you my want to run 10 different specs, but its could be any 10 specs. So classes arent so divided up into God tier - Mid tier - Unwanted garbage trash that isnt welcome tier.

Or there needs to be significant changes to bring classes a lot more in line, because currently the only real reason to play 70% in themeatic and you would be better off for groups and in terms of dps/usefulness playing one of the god tier 3.