Any chance of getting new PvP map(s)?

yefluke.3168

> @"witcher.3197" said:

> Yes, a new desert map is being developed in case the previous desert maps weren't enough.

>

> At this rate I don't even care.. Anet only wants to make kitten desert maps and I'm tired of it.

Wait, what other Desert maps do we have except Skyhammer, which could be cautiously said to take place in desert?

> @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > Yes, a new desert map is being developed in case the previous desert maps weren't enough.

> >

> > At this rate I don't even care.. Anet only wants to make kitten desert maps and I'm tired of it.

>

> Wait, what other Desert maps do we have except Skyhammer, which could be cautiously said to take place in desert?

Old capricorn, new capricorn, skyhammer, coliseum.

And before you say "bUt CoLiSeUm Is NoT iN a DeSerT" - it IS desert themed, or what else would you call it? Alpine? lol It's the aesthetics that matter and it's clearly sand-themed at the very least

Same with Skyhammer. It's in a fucking desert how is that not desert themed? It has Sand Wurms ffs

> @"witcher.3197" said:

> > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > Yes, a new desert map is being developed in case the previous desert maps weren't enough.

> > >

> > > At this rate I don't even care.. Anet only wants to make kitten desert maps and I'm tired of it.

> >

> > Wait, what other Desert maps do we have except Skyhammer, which could be cautiously said to take place in desert?

>

> Old capricorn, new capricorn, skyhammer, coliseum.

>

> And before you say "bUt CoLiSeUm Is NoT iN a DeSerT" - it IS desert themed, or what else would you call it? Alpine? lol It's the aesthetics that matter and it's clearly sand-themed at the very least

>

> Same with Skyhammer. It's in a kitten desert how is that not desert themed? It has Sand Wurms kitten

At the moment there is only the remade Capricorn and it has literally no desert in it nor around it.

Have you ever seen actual Coliseums? They all had sand in it, even though not being located anywhere near desert. Bit of Sand doesn't make Desert nor desert theme. I once saw someone on Forums claiming, In all seriousness, that Spirit Watch is a sand/beach themed map, just because there was a little sand as a "beach".

> @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > > Yes, a new desert map is being developed in case the previous desert maps weren't enough.

> > > >

> > > > At this rate I don't even care.. Anet only wants to make kitten desert maps and I'm tired of it.

> > >

> > > Wait, what other Desert maps do we have except Skyhammer, which could be cautiously said to take place in desert?

> >

> > Old capricorn, new capricorn, skyhammer, coliseum.

> >

> > And before you say "bUt CoLiSeUm Is NoT iN a DeSerT" - it IS desert themed, or what else would you call it? Alpine? lol It's the aesthetics that matter and it's clearly sand-themed at the very least

> >

> > Same with Skyhammer. It's in a kitten desert how is that not desert themed? It has Sand Wurms kitten

>

> At the moment there is only the remade Capricorn and it has literally no desert in it nor around it.

>

> Have you ever seen actual Coliseums? They all had sand in it, even though not being located anywhere near desert. Bit of Sand doesn't make Desert nor desert theme. I once saw someone on Forums claiming, In all seriousness, that Spirit Watch is a sand/beach themed map, just because there was a little sand as a "beach".

Look you can say whatever you want, I for one am just extremely tired of sand-themed maps. They all seem the same to me and I never liked them in the first place. You can say coliseum has sand because X and Capricorn has sand because Y I really don't give a shit. Can we stop pretending that it's impossible to make a map that isn't at least 50% covered in desert sand?

I just want to see something aesthetically different for once..

Comment from 20 days ago from Ben. Essentially, at that point they had secondary mechanic left to streamline, map layout finished, playtested it and most of the missing stuff was the fluff. There was probably some progress since then.

And we know that the large custom arena is aimed for 10v10 or 15v15, but it was a comment from twitch chat I believe.

Paging @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" in case he has some further news or wants to correct the info.

oooooh yay! another big map with just 3 little circles to dance around and spam aoe on. So much fun... Trust me it wont be exciting lol. They are more concerned about throwing out as much buyable crap flashy skins then they are with making pvp enjoyable. It's a buisness and pvp is the last thing on their mind. The part time unpaid intern working on pvp can only do so much.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Rym.1469" said:

>

>

> Comment from 20 days ago from Ben. Essentially, at that point they had secondary mechanic left to streamline, map layout finished, playtested it and most of the missing stuff was the fluff. There was probably some progress since then.

>

> And we know that the large custom arena is aimed for 10v10 or 15v15, but it was a comment from twitch chat I believe.

>

> Paging @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" in case he has some further news or wants to correct the info.

The new 5v5 has made progress. We've made secondary mechanic adjustments and some map adjustments based on our internal playtests. We need another playtest and then are waiting for a lot of our requests from other teams. (FX, VO, etc.).