Must have addons?

I hate addons in other MMOs, they always get outdated and can crash the game but they are a must have in ESO because the game feels so unfinished without them... I use zero addons in GW2, they're not needed. There aren't many but people use some, especially dps meters but guess what, they tend to crash the game, lol. After every patch many people complain about GW2 issues on Reddit and it's always the dps meter's fault.

One thing I can very much recommend is [GW2 Mounts](https://github.com/Friendly0Fire/GW2Addons "https://github.com/Friendly0Fire/GW2Addons"), it gives you a radial menu to mount up / unmount with. Much easier than needing a slew of keybindings or having to constantly flip the selected the mount.

In general though, sadly the game lacks a proper API for mods, so there's not much. There's a DPS meter around, as @"Mea.5491" said it tends to break every patch because it has to interface directly with the game's memory (I suppose) since it doesn't have an API. I run it for raids, but leave it off otherwise. The mount addon luckily doesn't break due to how it works other than when they introduced a new mount just now (it's updated by now, however).

Really wish they'd give the game an API. The UI could use **so** much work, plus convenience features, and it'd take the stress off of the devs. :pensive: Proper built templates (not just the ones we got already via a mod), advanced inventory/bank sorting, crafting aides directly in game, better buff/debuff timer bars and pop-up warnings for crucial effects on yourself or the target, etc etc.

• 2 weeks later...