[07/10/2018] Engineer Benchmarks

Lunateric.3708

As usual I'm here to bring some videos and comments on current engineer PvE meta builds!

This patch was overall good for base engineer and a step on the right direction for its condition build, the Thermal vision trait tier may be the most beautiful thing I have ever seen (one condition

focused trait, one power, one party support) you can see what it's benching over here:

There are still changes I would like to see for some skills, particularly:

* FT2 not being double tap anymore and instead working as Elementalist's Phoenix.

* Sharpshooter and Shrapnel being less random. Heavily dislike the RNG factor, ideal change for me would be Sharpshooter now procs every third hit and shrapnel procs every third explosion.

There's also a new very fun Condition Holosmith Variant that is made possible thanks to napalm CD reduction looping the whole thing perfectly:

Personally I'd love to see more condition interaction with Holosmith traits like autos on CC: Storm being more than just explosions. That trait tier is pretty lackluster outside the really nice stab on Corona Burst.

Finally, Power Holosmith saw some minor nerfs with the removal of old Thermal Vision that is made up by poison grenade changes. You can see its bench here:

There's some possible tweaking to be done there, specially since rifle and sword are once again set apart substantially and rifle is the clear superior choice for structured content. Power Holosmith as a whole feels extremely balanced and reliably through the latest balance patches

All credit goes to [sC] and hint, and no, I didn't forget Scrapper but nothing noteworthy for it (gyro rework when?).