Male vs Female armor Design

> @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> Yep I picked the outfit (as i said) for easier sample access ... I mostly play light classes (elementalist) and that was the issue i got ... only skirts and robes .

> Here my actual ele armor skin .

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/Cp52Xtt.jpg "")

>

> See here the struggle to find a good pant and shoes . Can't really do much more than that for now .

I wish light classed females (Human & Sylvari) would get proper pants like these, unfortunately all we have are skirts and weird catwoman legpieces. I've always loved the medium ones. Arenanet, please give us some diversity and step away from the skirt trend for light classes and trenchcoats for medium.

You know what would be great? Allowing the player to re-skin their armor any of the styles (or any armor on any class) while retaining their original armor weight/rating.

Sure some would clip and such, but some of the weights would work out mixed naturally together.

I am sure some of the light armor players would like some medium pants to go with their light tops, and vice versa.

I mean what if I really, really, really............really(n) want to wear a heavy top with a dress on bottom and sandals? hmmmm

'points at head' "think about it"

> @"Liewec.2896" said:

> is this one of those kitten "females be' too sexy!" threads?

> if so i disagree.

Nope it's not ... I Kinda don't care about female character at all. I Just think that sometimes, it would be great to give some love to light male character. :p

> @"BlueJin.4127" said:

> I think it's just a matter of each person's opinion which outfits look better on which gender/race. Some outfits, I like on both genders. Others, I like it more on one gender than the other. I don't really see a pattern of outfits looking worse on male.

I'm not saying it's about all male sets. And as you were saying , it's totally a matter of opinion and you're free and welcome to give yours. :D

I just FEEL (hear the feeling nuance there) that some times , male characters skins are more big and rough when female are more detailed and less clunky.

> @"cTex.4605" said:

> I wish light classed females (Human & Sylvari) would get proper pants like these, unfortunately all we have are skirts and weird catwoman legpieces. I've always loved the medium ones. Arenanet, please give us some diversity and step away from the skirt trend for light classes and trenchcoats for medium.

I totally wish more things like these too. Especially when the only pant we have looks super weird on skinny salad. (Best race ever tho) :D

> @"Ben K.6238" said:

> > @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > > @"Funky.4861" said:

> > > It seems to me that male armours are designed to take hits, but females are not supposed to be hit (which is sexist and insulting imo).

> > >

> >

> > Thats because Female models have smaller hit boxes and get an agility bonus. Thats why there are so few Charr players in PvP.

> >

> >

>

> That's not actually correct. The reason why asura are the most popular race for PvP is that the models are smaller and harder to read, even though speeds and hit detection are identical.

(insert quote from Foghorn Leghorn)