looking for more information about musical verdarach

as of last patch anyone with The Minstrel or Verdarach can obtain a gizmo music item with the looks of the legendary.

now i have already found something on reddit about the Musical Minstrel, its basically the Mucial Harp sound with an effect put on it to make it sound different. but i am not really interested in that one.

i really like the looks of the new warhorn verdarach. but as i do not play anything using a warhorn i havent made it yet. now as i could use it as an intrument i am thinking of crafting it. as it is a huge investment for an instrument i would like to know a little more about it beforehand. i wasnt able to find answers to my questions so far. soo :

* how many octaves does it have ?

* is it tuned ? e.g. flute is tuned into E-Major, while musical harp is C-Major.

* does it have fixed lengths to its sounds or is it as long as you hold it?

* how fast can you play it? e.g. the unbrakeable choir bell has a skill queue so you cant play it too fast while the lute will overlap them and the magnaminous choir bell will cancel their other notes.

* and obviously one of the most important things how does it sound ? a sound example would be really nice.

well to be fair the other legendary i had in mind was HMS divinity but given that i have already the predator i just build the horn yesterday, cause too impatient waiting for information :3

so here answers to my questions in case anyone wonders:

3 oktaves .

i think it is c major like most others.

has a long sound per activation wich gets only stopped early by using another skill yet if you repeatedly use the same it is more difficult to hear each sound.

this makes it very bad for playing rhythmic parts, it is better for melodic stuff.

and you can play it as fast as harp/lute

• 3 weeks later...

A bit late to the party but also interested how Verdarach sounds like. The Video provided by starlinvf is the only one I found myself but it isn't all that good (because other instruments interfering)

My google-FU and youtube-FU seem to be lacking is there a more pronounced / louder /clearer video anywhere? Or someone willing to do a short video just about how it sounds like?

Or is there no difference to the ingame [Marriner Horn](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Marriner%27s_Horn "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Marriner%27s_Horn") and because of that no one posts a video about it?

> @"Captain Prinny.6492" said:

> A bit late to the party but also interested how Verdarach sounds like. The Video provided by starlinvf is the only one I found myself but it isn't all that good (because other instruments interfering)

> My google-FU and youtube-FU seem to be lacking is there a more pronounced / louder /clearer video anywhere? Or someone willing to do a short video just about how it sounds like?

>

> Or is there no difference to the ingame [Marriner Horn](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Marriner%27s_Horn "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Marriner%27s_Horn") and because of that no one posts a video about it?

i dont have that marriner horn, but i can make a video. and it is 100% different as i doubt the marriner horn has those whispers to each sound.

anything specific you want to hear?

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > @"Captain Prinny.6492" said:

> > A bit late to the party but also interested how Verdarach sounds like. The Video provided by starlinvf is the only one I found myself but it isn't all that good (because other instruments interfering)

> > My google-FU and youtube-FU seem to be lacking is there a more pronounced / louder /clearer video anywhere? Or someone willing to do a short video just about how it sounds like?

> >

> > Or is there no difference to the ingame [Marriner Horn](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Marriner%27s_Horn "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Marriner%27s_Horn") and because of that no one posts a video about it?

>

> i dont have that marriner horn, but i can make a video. and it is 100% different as i doubt the marriner horn has those whispers to each sound.

> anything specific you want to hear?

That was fast (o.O);

Well, I want to hear how it sounds like if you play it. I don't need a particular music piece but going through the ladder once on all octaves maybe?

(remember you can adjust the sound level of musical instruments in the ingame options)

I am playing GW2 since Day1 and only have one legendary weapon. I am not a fan of them (because most of them are incredibly ugly) and it is a serious investment for me to craft one (esp. the HOT ones) so I need every bit and scrap of motivation I can find to do so, so it would help a lot to make my mind up on this matter-

> > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > @"Captain Prinny.6492" said:

> > > A bit late to the party but also interested how Verdarach sounds like. The Video provided by starlinvf is the only one I found myself but it isn't all that good (because other instruments interfering)

> > > My google-FU and youtube-FU seem to be lacking is there a more pronounced / louder /clearer video anywhere? Or someone willing to do a short video just about how it sounds like?

> > >

> > > Or is there no difference to the ingame [Marriner Horn](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Marriner%27s_Horn "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Marriner%27s_Horn") and because of that no one posts a video about it?

> >

> > i dont have that marriner horn, but i can make a video. and it is 100% different as i doubt the marriner horn has those whispers to each sound.

> > anything specific you want to hear?

>

> That was fast (o.O);

>

> Well, I want to hear how it sounds like if you play it. I don't need a particular music piece but going through the ladder once on all octaves maybe?

> (remember you can adjust the sound level of musical instruments in the ingame options)

>

> I am playing GW2 since Day1 and only have one legendary weapon. I am not a fan of them (because most of them are incredibly ugly) and it is a serious investment for me to craft one (esp. the HOT ones) so I need every bit and scrap of motivation I can find to do so, so it would help a lot to make my mind up on this matter-

>

yeah well i am pretty active forum warrior, mostly cause i feel people dont really understand my profession or the way i play it (mostly WvW) and because many people in this game try to make anet shape the game into their own ideal of a game, while they refuse to accepts the game as it is first. i could actually stop spammin in these forums, because i know that anet devs got way more understanding on their game than most people here on the forums and i will allways find a way to play my way if they like it or not. but currently i still do and i already gave way too much advise on how to fight me and what my weaknesses are. so anyway while i was busy with that a message popped up saying that you wrote here and seeing the topic i put the others aside for a moment :)

so all octaves slowly and a very short piece you probably know will be up shortly here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCrWXIXlpkw

if there is anything else you want to see with it, just ask.

Many thanks for the help (^.^)=b

It did indeed help me make a decission (to go for it)

1: nice extra @ 01:10

2: is the wave/woosh sound from to Musical instrument? So its an extra sound effect unique to the Legendary I guess? (The Ministrel seems to have an added Echo effect to distínguish it from the gem-shop harp)

In my not so humble opinion they could have done so just without it but I will live with it....somehow

3: small bonus, found [this little gem](

"this little gem") on my search for Verarach Sound Effect. Which on itself is a knock on [this meme](
"this meme"). The GW2 reddit comments there are pure comedic gold and one of many reasons why the game has such a great community.

Anyways thanks again for the swift response...now to the hard part...getting it crafted ;-P

> 2: is the wave/woosh sound from to Musical instrument? So its an extra sound effect unique to the Legendary I guess? (The Ministrel seems to have an added Echo effect to distínguish it from the gem-shop harp)

> In my not so humble opinion they could have done so just without it but I will live with it....somehow

i have disabled all sounds aside from instruments there.

those whispers are unique to the horn and i think that wave/woosh is when the character lowers to horn, like when it stops playing or a longer break. i think it is from the drawing/stowing animation of the actual legendary.