Some traits haven't been updated for Soulbeast

Ghin.1653

There are certain traits that interact with both the player and the pet, granting certain things to one or the other and sometimes both. Technically when the pet is merged with the player he should receive both benefits where reasonable (IE, Unsure if things like Opening Strike should apply twice).

Traits that have not received updated interactions:

* Sharpened Edges

* Natural Healing

* Companion's Defence

* Bountiful Hunter

* Lingering Magic

* Traits related to "Beast" abilities

Traits that have been updated:

* Pet's Prowess

* Pack Alpha

* Refined Toxins (unlisted on wiki, but does apply 2 stacks when merged)

* Loud Whistle

* Potent Ally (grants the player might that would have gone to pet)

Unsure if they should be updated:

* Opening Strike + Moment of Clarity

* Predator's Onslaught

* Taste for Danger

* Rugged Growth

* Fortifying Bond

Traits involving Pet Swapping (could work when activating soul beast)

* Poison Master

* Spirited Arrival

Granted not all of these traits deserve / should work while Merged, however quite a few should. Traits such as Sharpened Edges for example apply the effect to both the player & pet, and seeing as both are now attached to the player, should grant 2 bleeding stacks on critical strike instead of 1, similar to how Refined Toxins now grants both poison applications to the player (sadly still not quite better than Ambidexterity for Dagg / Torch players).

Which do you guys think should apply?

My opinion is that traits that default _only_ affect the pet and its skills should apply but traits that affect "you and your pet" shouldn't, in general, double the effect. My reasoning being, "Is the trait completely disabled when you merge?"

So for Sharpened Edges, you still retain the bleed on crit when you merge. You just now have potentially better stats to use said bleed. Thus it doesn't need the doubling. This applies to most of Nature Magic and Wilderness Survival.

They actually did a good job of clearing up most of the merge trait interactions in the last couple patches. (Natural Healing works merged BTW). The "Beast" skill traits also work, it's just only on the pets' F2 and the SB merge F3.

The only thing that annoys me with Beastmastery + Soulbeast is Pack Alpha doesn't reduce the recharge on SB Merge skills.

The pet swap traits _should_ get a check. They activate if your pet is stowed and you go into combat (bringing them out) so they should _also_ activate when leaving beastmode. Due to beastmode enter/exit being 10 seconds vs pet swap 20 (16 traited), they would probably put a ~15 second cooldown on the traits to keep things in line.

> @"Ghin.1653" said:

> I wasn't seeing the usual green pips to show health recovery so I didn't think it was. Wiki also says it does, so maybe I just missed it or its in combat only?

You will see them if you look for them, i use them for my marshal regen soulbeast and get roughly 500 per second which accumulated well with rugged growth and regen.