Grieving Stats

leftyboy.9358

Anet has a philosophy it tries to live by:

It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill; it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun rather than just having fun.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-design-manifesto/

Question then is:

Why make something as basic as stats,; mysterious and elusive to grab (new grieving stats)? What's more fundamental to a character than easy access to stats? Wouldn't forcing players to do a game mode they don't care for, to grab stats to have fun with their character, qualify as a grinding treadmill?

I think Anet was on a good track with what they finally did with trinkets in last expansion. You pay for it, but its there when you need. Weird gates to fun are not good .

> @Makai.3429 said:

> My big bugbear with stat acquisition is in how selfish it all is. Why can't I gift a set of exotic Viper's to a friend who's not interested in crafting? I'd like to see HoT, PoF, Sinister, Celestial, etc. Exotics become tradeable with Ascended staying the way it is.

HoT and PoF stat equipment cannot be traded between players because ArenaNet intends to limit access to those stats to players who have bought the respective expansions.

> @leftyboy.9358 said:

> Anet has a philosophy it tries to live by:

> It doesn’t kitten your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill; it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun rather than just having fun.

> https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-design-manifesto/

>

> Question then is:

> Why make something as basic as stats,; mysterious and elusive to grab (new grieving stats)? What's more fundamental to a character than easy access to stats? Wouldn't forcing players to do a game mode they don't care for, to grab stats to have fun with their character, qualify as a grinding treadmill?

>

> I think Anet was on a good track with what they finally did with trinkets in last expansion. You pay for it, but its there when you need. Weird gates to fun are not good .

What's so hard about getting Grieving equipment? You can gain access to them by completing a handful of achievements and farming some Legendary PoF mobs.

• 1 month later...

Grieving stats can be crafted now, ascended recipes are shown on wiki (they are called "the twins")

They are also obtainable from fractal and or pvp merchant. Including pvp trinkets as well.

They are also stats swap able, using the item '' intact mosaic " as the exotic Insignia, can be purchased from TP. The receipe for stats swaping is not shown on wiki, but it works I just swapped my whole gear. (item, intact mosaic, 5

Ectos and anthology of heros)

Ascended trinkets can also be purchased from the tomb of the primeval king merchant in the desert Highlands map, this also shown on wiki.

Hope this helps.

> @MEGATRON.2904 said:

> Grieving stats can be crafted now, ascended recipes are shown on wiki (they are called "the twins")

>

> They are also obtainable from fractal and or pvp merchant. Including pvp trinkets as well.

>

> They are also stats swap able, using the item '' intact mosaic " as the exotic Insignia, can be purchased from TP. The receipe for stats swaping is not shown on wiki, but it works I just swapped my whole gear. (item, intact mosaic, 5

> Ectos and anthology of heros)

>

> Ascended trinkets can also be purchased from the tomb of the primeval king merchant in the desert Highlands map, this also shown on wiki.

>

> Hope this helps.

If this is true (and I'm not saying it isn't. I'm just in bed on my laptop and too tired to go try), I am going to be very happy.