Rifle Buff (PvE)

DanAlcedo.3281

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > My thinking is that a small damage buff will not cause people to increase their adoption of Rifle as a 'serious' weapon if they already haven't. It's a pretty useless idea. If you care about your performance, that kind of a buff won't change your thinking about the Rifle usefulness.

> > > > >

> > > > > Just waiting to see if this is true ... Rifle sure did get some nice DPS buffs this patch but if you aren't using it before, I see no reason you would use it now.

> > > >

> > > > You're talking to yourself... But, yes I do agree with you the DPS buffs to rifle won't change anything, but I could say that about all the buffs we received in this patch I don't see them changing our game play one iota.

> > > > **Hammer Shock:** Already had hammer when running in WvW zergs.

> > > > **Signet of Might:** Because we don't already have tons of ways to give ourselves might, they just turned it into a mini signet of rage with an unblockable affect, but there are still much more useful options to have on our skill bar.

> > > > **Signet of Stamina:** I don't see the added endurance changing why I'd use this signet, in the long run (unless you're covered in condis) it's still better to not activate this.

> > > > **Signet of Fury:** Same with Stamina I don't think the extra 4 seconds of extra precision and ferocity are worth activating it.

> > > > **Dolyak Signet:** I don't even know what to say here healing for a flat 1k (no healing power bonus, but even if it had a healing power bonus, on a 40/32 second recharge), this change makes absolutely no sense. A flat 1k heal is 1-3 seconds of heal sig/adrenal health. They could have done something allot smarter than a flat 1k heal. I still don't see why to take it over balance stance with the amount of boon corrupt today.

> > >

> > > Just as an Info. The [Lesser Signet of Might] that you get from the Signet Trait also gives 6 stacks of might.

> > > (Doesnt show it in the tooltipp.)

> >

> > However, for the most part condi builds tend to take wounding precision because it's better for condi builds, and taking the arms tree is typically a DPS loss for power warrior. If Anet would let dual wielding interact with quickness you might have something.

>

> Day X Month XY.

> Arenanet Headquarters.

>

> Dev A: Looks like they love the Herald Overhaul. How is the Scrapper Overhaul going?

>

> Dev B: Good! Any ideas what to rework next?

>

> Dev A: I thought maybe Berzerker. Its been 2 months since the last time someone used Decapitate. Also maybe we could fix some Core Stuff. Balancing Warrior gets way to hard.

>

> Dev B: Sure. But that means we cant change Traits for the next Balance Patch.

>

> Dev A: Mhhhh. Maybe i should take a look into the Forum. "Sees Buff rifle thread". Hee.. Why not....

>

> Dev B: Only buffing rifle is a not enough for mayor Balance Patch i think.

>

> Dev A: Mhhh what about signet? Nobody uses them in any kind of compeditive gamemode , so we dont have to think to much about balance here. Just make them stronger.

>

> Dev B: Anything else?

>

> Dev A: Buff Hammer 3. Dont look at me like that! Just do it ok?

>

That's probably about how it went down, except it'll be a light armor class after revenant because Anet patterns (Light > Medium > Heavy), and you'd probably hear people screaming it's been so long since you've done a re-work on a light class even though if you look at the balance patches and Ele usually has around the most changes it always seems. Not saying that Ele balance changes are buffs or nerfs, just the amount of changes they get you'd think they'd be more balanced than other professions. However Ele and Engi are probably the most complicated class mechanics in the game so it would reason that they'd have need for more changes than others. If I had to bet a silver doubloon I'd guess Necromancer/Reaper/Scourge will be the next re-work (guessing them over Ele because of the amount of changes Ele typically gets). After that I'd assume we'd see ranger (again sticking with my same reasoning between Ele and Necro). Lastly I'd like to think I'd see a warrior re-work, my reasoning here is because Guardian seems to have allot more versatility in most game modes. Part of me is wondering if they're wanting to re-work all classes before the next expansion which might be why we're going to see season 5 instead of an expansion next, that could be one of many reasons they'd delay an expansion (other than it's not ready, and their LS story line isn't going to make it to where it needs to drop off by the end of season 4).