What is your Weaver build?

Cave Rock.4869

My PvE build (mainly for open world and T4 fractals):

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsYnMICtMgt4CG5CM5iFBALIAEKPAFby2wZ4+VHr31A

Fire/Arcane/Weaver; Emphasis placed on blast finishers on fire fields, with enough sustainabiliy from Vigor trait and Master's Fortitude, and plenty of "Oh Shit!" protection from Final Shielding and Stone Resonance stance. Too lazy to put in gear, but Balthazaar runes with enough Viper to max condi duration, and the rest of the gear will be Grieving.

I'm expecting Sword to get some love with the release day patch, and I'm sick of dagger/dagger, so I'm going with sword/dagger as my weapon set. :)

- Sele

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking staff all in power dmg for wvw on weaver but i am not so sure.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWnMMAVOgdOA+4C8RgFJAT4OGASA3L6J9lmoHsDqBA-j1RBQBJU9n8pDgI7PsgHAAjUCKSlfA4CAQKgR1aB-w

Weaver as well as ele over all lacks any type of counter dmg mitigation. There needs to be more unblockable burst skills or all burst skills need to be unblockable.

Here's my WvW build for Zerg/small group fighting:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFIQJAsYnUMAlMgVOAWPAM5ilPA7uOnnD0DFgAQ/rIMODaBA-jFCEQBI4BAAFlcyTPAiUCCgTAA82fATq/IRlDBAQAuZbGA38m38m38m1m3sNPabezbmUAZOGA-w

I use a similar one for Tempest. The idea is to survive and yet put out some meaningful damage. I feel that Weaver's damage output with Sword would be at a loss without the build being hybrid.

I could use some advice for it if anyone has some input. I know it doesn't have a whole lot of condi duration and I'm not sure I want to sacrifice other stats for it. So with that in mind, should I replace my Viper stat'd items with Griever stats?

Also, what do you think about the traits? I'm pretty set at keeping the Arcane trait line for the attunement cool down.

I'm interested to see much sustain Weaver has compared to Tempest. With Tempest I have lots of aura spam which grants protection, regeneration, and vigor (in addition to the aura effect). Protection on Tempest is -40% damage instead of -33% damage. Toss in the cantrip heal for condition spam and the Tempest is very resilient.

Weaver has barriers (and vigor on dodge roll) and bigger health (with sword and Adept trait). I don't think barriers is going to compare with aura+boons.

Some experimentation will be in order. Maybe Arcane "Elemental Attunement" and "Elemental Contingency" traits can help since there will be more Attunement activation in Weaver (if used on cooldown, it's a boon every 3.5 seconds). That means you could have 100% protection up-time if every other attunement switch is to Earth. That's a lot of Fury as well.

I'm guessing a build more like this would provide sustain comparable to Tempest: [gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsdnk4CF5it4C+4CM5iFNAbIAsAOg3/5C9iuYN2BfjA-jxBBABA8AAIV9HHVCmoeAB3foiTAgZK/IFQe60A-e](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsdnk4CF5it4C+4CM5iFNAbIAsAOg3/5C9iuYN2BfjA-jxBBABA8AAIV9HHVCmoeAB3foiTAgZK/IFQe60A-e "gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsdnk4CF5it4C+4CM5iFNAbIAsAOg3/5C9iuYN2BfjA-jxBBABA8AAIV9HHVCmoeAB3foiTAgZK/IFQe60A-e")

> @mygamingid.5816 said:

> > @Feanor.2358 said:

> > If you go Water, probably grab Piercing Shards for the damage modifier and use Lightning Hammer as your source of damage in that attunement. Unravel also feels like a waste of utility. I still see no reason not to pick Glyph of Storms. Great damage, strong utility, what's not to like?

>

> I didn't plan on including Vulns in the attack chain, but if you have them from another source, Piercing Shards would be great. Was thinking of more team benefit than personal DPS. Unravel is a safety net for getting to 3-5 skills on demand, which is a big concern for the unresponsive Weaver. I like Glyph of Storms and Lightning Hammer, too. Both are great options.

Isn't that interesting to think about, how older utilities might now be able to return or fit into this new meta. Not just for the Weaver either but other professions across the board.

Another thing I have noticed is that percentage damage modifiers up and down seem to be a strong focus with these new elites.

Less focus on boons, healing or support. But to me it is a subtle reduction. If speced right it may be able to handle all the damage done in the meta but only for awhile not forever. Gone are the days of long overly drawn-out fight. Personally I think it is a good thing. Although I would still like to see skill and tactics be part of the game not just one or two shot kills.

BOON/TANKY/SUSTAIN + Condition burst META gone.

DPS META here by the look of it now.

> @Selendile.9106 said:

> My PvE build (mainly for open world and T4 fractals):

>

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsYnMICtMgt4CG5CM5iFBALIAEKPAFby2wZ4+VHr31A

>

> Fire/Arcane/Weaver; Emphasis placed on blast finishers on fire fields, with enough sustainabiliy from Vigor trait and Master's Fortitude, and plenty of "Oh kitten!" protection from Final Shielding and Stone Resonance stance. Too lazy to put in gear, but Balthazaar runes with enough Viper to max condi duration, and the rest of the gear will be Grieving.

>

> I'm expecting Sword to get some love with the release day patch, and I'm sick of dagger/dagger, so I'm going with sword/dagger as my weapon set. :)

>

> - Sele

Hi Sele, thanks for your great setup of trait selection. I can really see where you're going with it. I think personally I had similar idea for the Weaver traits also. Working as much on damage modifiers as well as condition durations. Another tip I can give is to use Vipers and toxic tuning crystals. Plus add in a veggie pizza are you golden. Some of this may change over the next few days but I hope a little bit might help till you get new Path of Fire gear/stats or rune/sigils.

Great minds think a like hey Sele ;)

> @Jski.6180 said:

> I was thinking staff all in power dmg for wvw on weaver but i am not so sure.

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWnMMAVOgdOA+4C8RgFJAT4OGASA3L6J9lmoHsDqBA-j1RBQBJU9n8pDgI7PsgHAAjUCKSlfA4CAQKgR1aB-w

> Weaver as well as ele over all lacks any type of counter dmg mitigation. There needs to be more unblockable burst skills or all burst skills need to be unblockable.

Exactly Jski, Weaver is meant to deal plenty of damage, but lacks unblockable skills. Although you wouldn't want to give too many of these unblockable skills to the Weaver for one main reason.

We have to look at other professions to understand the tight balancing act required at the moment. The Thief and Firebrand in particular in conjunction with the Weaver. Think about this scenario a dps speced Weaver is duoing with a Firebrand friend. A theif is hiding ready to snipe the squishy Dps but potentially deadly damage dealer. Stealthed and ready to strike the Thief launches off a few attacks to build up malice, then boom dead Weaver. Weaver goes but I thought you did your job Firebrand/Guardian with aegis on me, oh I had but it didn't work. The Weaver and Firebrand go away rethinking their profession selection.

Lets now think of a similar hypothetical but different experience with a Weaver with unblockable attacks also. Firebrand/Guardian running around in WvW solo crazy I know right but it will happen. He/she then gets attacked by their old Weaver buddy who got a different WvW match up but this time with that Theif that beat the breaks off them last week. Now the Weaver zooms in and does much damage from initial attacks then kapow an unblockable burst attack that negates his old Firebrand/Guardian friends aegis. But the Firebrand/Guardian just survives then puts up another aegis, sadly only to then be sniped by another unblockable attack from the Thief. Getting downed then stomped. Finally the Firebrand/Guardian calls it quits for the night. He/she spends the rest of the night and a long time thinking on plus about his professions class defining abilities as being pointless to have or trait for at all.

So can you see what I mean too many unblockable skills can really ruin so many class defining abilities and fun gameplay mechanics. I known it sucks not having what other dps classes have in spades but perhaps what more so needs to happen is a reduction of the unblockable skills at the disposal of the Thief/deadeye. But once again it would be a tricky balancing act or period of meta to handle.

Sorry about a long winded and hypothetical post but it was the only way I felt I could described the reason why Weaver doesn't and shouldn't get too many if any unblockable skills.

Plus being potent at both power and condition damage we shouldn't need to be too concerned that blockable skills are an issue in WVW. But perhaps we could get a couple for Spvp in a split balance way?

> @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

> Here's my WvW build for Zerg/small group fighting:

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFIQJAsYnUMAlMgVOAWPAM5ilPA7uOnnD0DFgAQ/rIMODaBA-jFCEQBI4BAAFlcyTPAiUCCgTAA82fATq/IRlDBAQAuZbGA38m38m38m1m3sNPabezbmUAZOGA-w

>

> I use a similar one for Tempest. The idea is to survive and yet put out some meaningful damage. I feel that Weaver's damage output with Sword would be at a loss without the build being hybrid.

>

> I could use some advice for it if anyone has some input. I know it doesn't have a whole lot of condi duration and I'm not sure I want to sacrifice other stats for it. So with that in mind, should I replace my Viper stat'd items with Griever stats?

>

> Also, what do you think about the traits? I'm pretty set at keeping the Arcane trait line for the attunement cool down.

Sup Lonewolfkai, sorry it took me a bit to get back to you real life stuff and cancer treatment took priority for a bit. I looked thoroughly over your build and did some amendments, just check it out to make sure I didn't veer too much from your initial concepts.

1. I kept arcane traits plus your other trait selections.

2. Made it hybrid damage and survivable.

3. Increased conditions duration.

4. I had to change some of the utilities. They kinda had to adapt to my other changes. But you still get vulnerability and condition damage, plus two break stuns.

5. Still has Vipers and trailblazers stats, downside is expenses.

I also like to play WvW as a small scale roaming group with of couple other buddies.

Thanks for posting Lonewolfkai and I really hope some of the tips and tricks help out real soon.

> @juno.1840 said:

> I'm interested to see much sustain Weaver has compared to Tempest. With Tempest I have lots of aura spam which grants protection, regeneration, and vigor (in addition to the aura effect). Protection on Tempest is -40% damage instead of -33% damage. Toss in the cantrip heal for condition spam and the Tempest is very resilient.

>

> Weaver has barriers (and vigor on dodge roll) and bigger health (with sword and Adept trait). I don't think barriers is going to compare with aura+boons.

>

> Some experimentation will be in order. Maybe Arcane "Elemental Attunement" and "Elemental Contingency" traits can help since there will be more Attunement activation in Weaver (if used on cooldown, it's a boon every 3.5 seconds). That means you could have 100% protection up-time if every other attunement switch is to Earth. That's a lot of Fury as well.

>

> I'm guessing a build more like this would provide sustain comparable to Tempest: [gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsdnk4CF5it4C+4CM5iFNAbIAsAOg3/5C9iuYN2BfjA-jxBBABA8AAIV9HHVCmoeAB3foiTAgZK/IFQe60A-e](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsdnk4CF5it4C+4CM5iFNAbIAsAOg3/5C9iuYN2BfjA-jxBBABA8AAIV9HHVCmoeAB3foiTAgZK/IFQe60A-e "gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsdnk4CF5it4C+4CM5iFNAbIAsAOg3/5C9iuYN2BfjA-jxBBABA8AAIV9HHVCmoeAB3foiTAgZK/IFQe60A-e")

You know what Juno, in my opinion I don't think it will be as resilient if the Weaver can't deal with conditions like the Tempest could. But and a big one at that if condition builds drop out in this meta (which I don't think they will) then maybe just maybe the Weaver might out do the Tempest in say like pure healing and self sustain because of barrier.

Juno I will ponder on this some more... It will be interesting to see what people playing as Weavers will really be able to do over the next couple of days. I think Weaver will be fantastic and awesomely fun to play no matter what. It will be a thinking persons profession/elite. Some may not like that but others will relish at the challenge posed to them by the Weavers complexity.

> @"Cave Rock.4869" said:

> > @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

> > Here's my WvW build for Zerg/small group fighting:

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFIQJAsYnUMAlMgVOAWPAM5ilPA7uOnnD0DFgAQ/rIMODaBA-jFCEQBI4BAAFlcyTPAiUCCgTAA82fATq/IRlDBAQAuZbGA38m38m38m1m3sNPabezbmUAZOGA-w

> >

> > I use a similar one for Tempest. The idea is to survive and yet put out some meaningful damage. I feel that Weaver's damage output with Sword would be at a loss without the build being hybrid.

> >

> > I could use some advice for it if anyone has some input. I know it doesn't have a whole lot of condi duration and I'm not sure I want to sacrifice other stats for it. So with that in mind, should I replace my Viper stat'd items with Griever stats?

> >

> > Also, what do you think about the traits? I'm pretty set at keeping the Arcane trait line for the attunement cool down.

>

> Sup Lonewolfkai, sorry it took me a bit to get back to you real life stuff and cancer treatment took priority for a bit. I looked thoroughly over your build and did some amendments, just check it out to make sure I didn't veer too much from your initial concepts.

>

> 1. I kept arcane traits plus your other trait selections.

> 2. Made it hybrid damage and survivable.

> 3. Increased conditions duration.

> 4. I had to change some of the utilities. They kinda had to adapt to my other changes. But you still get vulnerability and condition damage, plus two break stuns.

> 5. Still has Vipers and trailblazers stats, downside is expenses.

>

> I also like to play WvW as a small scale roaming group with of couple other buddies.

>

> Thanks for posting Lonewolfkai and I really hope some of the tips and tricks help out real soon.

Hey no problem with the response time. You take as long as you need m8!

I'm still not sure on the traits I'm going to go with. On Earth, I'm thinking of changing Earths Embrace to Serrated Stones. I'm also thinking of changing Arcane Precision to Arcane Abatement for extra sustain from the heal, but I'm wondering if I'll be switching attunements enough to warrant such a small heal or if the extra condos from crits aren't better. And then I'm contemplating changing Final Shielding to Elemental Contingency for the boons.

The weaver traits I'm pretty set at. I think Swift Revenge is important for the swiftness or things are going to get real slow for you. The thing that's got me worried is that it'll require in combat for use and you won't be able to use it on no targets for the swiftness.

I'm also pretty set with my skills. Why am I using Frost Bow you may ask. The reason is to give me a ranged option if needed, especially with Zerg vs Zerg. I'm not sure on the heal skill yet however. I've been using the signet, but am starting explore other options. I kinda like the glyph because it's a rather large heal.

As far as stats, I don't think I'm going to change much because I personally need more toughness/vit. I might try out the toxic crystals though. And I'm still thinking of converting my Viper stats to Griever.

> @"Cave Rock.4869" said:

> > @cobalt.1846 said:

> > This build is a pve staff glass cannon weaver

> >

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWnMICtMgt4CmNAM5iFBA7eVPrv1BBgCwBoYT2EPDA-jBCBAB5pDAgHAQlq/U0+DYp8oMlYnpEMgLAQAgEA/yv8L/yv8LRKgI2aB-e

>

> Hi Cobalt, I really like your Pve build! That Pile Driver will hurt alot with the high crit chance and incredible damage coming from the beefed-up ferocity. The only thing I pondered on was the use of the utility skill with condition damage on it. With high power damage you may benefit more from having the stance Unravel, because that way you could switch in and out-of attunements faster to get of more pile drivers etc. But I can see your reasoning with going a burn utility to max out as much damage as possible when able to do so.

>

> Like I said I love the build for PvE. Plenty of damage from range therefore no need for that much defense especially in PvE when there should be a fair amount of support around. Goodluck with your build and I hope works out for you on the Weaver and have fun.

>

> Btw just to help you out also I recommend taking a look at a Vipers build to consider a hybrid damage build. It should go really well with a Berserker or Balthazars rune.

>

> Time will tell how much we will get in new stats, runes and sigils, some of those my make your build a standard for Pve builds on a Weaver.

>

> I hope I helped you out and I really encourage you to spend time mastering the Weaver.

>

> Cheers from Cave.

If your referring to the Arcane Blast that is for 2 reasons.. A: for the blast finisher as i do a lot of combos and B: when i am attuned to fire and i am a lot of the time, the damage from burning doesn't matter to me as much as the fact that that the enemy is burning which gives me a 10% damage modifier from Burning Rage when i am in fire.

The signet is just for the precision and doesn't go into active state and the Stone Resonance is for access to barrier and a basic shield for those OH Sh!t moments.

The elite is open to change.. might change it to FGS for mobility in small places a mount can't get or Glyph of Elements to get a pet to take some damage.

I have 3 other eles that have different set ups as my main sticks to staff like a rock and i have to make my self play the other weapons with other toons. One of my other eles has Rampagers gear, Berserker Runes with Scepter/warhorn, if i ever get around to it I might change the gear to vipers. My main has always been some variant of glass cannon, I like the challenge... I think my main has about 3300 play hours and my account has 4k, I'll get lots of time with Weaver. I have put a lot of work into my main as you can see... https://imgur.com/BywaegE

> @Fel.2319 said:

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsYnMIClNgFNA2MAM5iFBArYT2GODBBgQ5B4+VHrv1A-j1hHQB0T9na9AA0oSwyt/ABV+BgTAA50DQKAF1bB-w

> this is what I'll be running.

>

> it hits 80% all condi duration and 100% burn. I think this has potential with some tweaks to be the top condi ele build.

You don't really need 80% condition duration. Lets be honest ele has only bleeding and burning and your main source of damage will be latter one. That's why griever stats are best choice for weaver.

> @Simeonus.9237 said:

> > @Fel.2319 said:

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsYnMIClNgFNA2MAM5iFBArYT2GODBBgQ5B4+VHrv1A-j1hHQB0T9na9AA0oSwyt/ABV+BgTAA50DQKAF1bB-w

> > this is what I'll be running.

> >

> > it hits 80% all condi duration and 100% burn. I think this has potential with some tweaks to be the top condi ele build.

>

> You don't really need 80% condition duration. Lets be honest ele has only bleeding and burning and your main source of damage will be latter one. That's why griever stats are best choice for weaver.

Perhaps the best thing on Weaver to do is grab a vipers stat combo and use sigil of burning and sigil of bleeding right. Just focus on the conditions that you really only have that do damage.

> @Simeonus.9237 said:

> > @Fel.2319 said:

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsYnMIClNgFNA2MAM5iFBArYT2GODBBgQ5B4+VHrv1A-j1hHQB0T9na9AA0oSwyt/ABV+BgTAA50DQKAF1bB-w

> > this is what I'll be running.

> >

> > it hits 80% all condi duration and 100% burn. I think this has potential with some tweaks to be the top condi ele build.

>

> You don't really need 80% condition duration. Lets be honest ele has only bleeding and burning and your main source of damage will be latter one. That's why griever stats are best choice for weaver.

If that's the case, if you have just a few vipers gears, like in my build above, would it be better to replace them with griever stats?

> @mygamingid.5816 said:

> Revised my [staff Power Water](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFQQFAWnk4CFQg14CmNA0RgFBAj4JsFyk3r6Z9tOIAUAOAA-jxRBABPcBBA4BBgnOir2fUGRp6Pkp0xMlgBAOAO/8A1XPnf+5nf+5d95nf+5nf+5nf+5lCIixAA-e) build with the raid meta in mind, just to see what it would look like. I'm really tempted to forego my condi build for a bit and go with this...

Mygamingid, thanks for the revised version of your build. It is so busy right at the moment i will check it in due course. But Cheers for the work it is much appreciated. I am helping to support Jebro's stream at the moment. Drop in and help the dude out folks if you get the chance!

From Cave Rock.

> @mygamingid.5816 said:

> Revised my [staff Power Water](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFQQFAWnk4CFQg14CmNA0RgFBAj4JsFyk3r6Z9tOIAUAOAA-jxRBABPcBBA4BBgnOir2fUGRp6Pkp0xMlgBAOAO/8A1XPnf+5nf+5d95nf+5nf+5nf+5lCIixAA-e) build with the raid meta in mind, just to see what it would look like. I'm really tempted to forego my condi build for a bit and go with this...

Just take the standard Fire/Air staff Tempest and replace the Tempest line with Weaver 1-2-1. On the golem I got higher dps on Weaver with messed up rotation than I ever got on Tempest.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoIncMAdOg94CM5iFTAr4EUADBEVgAQD4eM3mjzA-jJxHABK/AAUZ/BAOBA1XGAA

last slot is either primordial stance or cleansing fire.

Been trying this, trying to get something close to the cele D/D from back in the day.

So far I think it's quite good, very good sustain, decent damage, epic mobility.

I absolutely get destroyed by scourges though, dunno if it's because I don't know what they do but their condi application is actually insane. I'm considering switch to ether renewal because of them.

15% bonus crit on ennemies affected by weakness and decent fury application compensate for the lack of precision.

> @Feanor.2358 said:

> > @mygamingid.5816 said:

> > Revised my [staff Power Water](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFQQFAWnk4CFQg14CmNA0RgFBAj4JsFyk3r6Z9tOIAUAOAA-jxRBABPcBBA4BBgnOir2fUGRp6Pkp0xMlgBAOAO/8A1XPnf+5nf+5d95nf+5nf+5nf+5lCIixAA-e) build with the raid meta in mind, just to see what it would look like. I'm really tempted to forego my condi build for a bit and go with this...

>

> Just take the standard Fire/Air staff Tempest and replace the Tempest line with Weaver 1-2-1. On the golem I got higher dps on Weaver with messed up rotation than I ever got on Tempest.

Hey once again Feanor, Thanks for getting back to Mygamingid whilst i was busy helping out with the PoF launch day streams. Your early input was much appreciated and just what i would have advised.

Mygamingid did Feanor and my advice help your potential damage out put on your new Weaver? Are you liking the play style since PoF launched? Your time and effort to theory craft a build is much appreciated and it should be helpful for all those new Weavers out there enjoying Path of Fire now. Great effort!

Cheers from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> @chibbi.3706 said:

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoIncMAdOg94CM5iFTAr4EUADBEVgAQD4eM3mjzA-jJxHABK/AAUZ/BAOBA1XGAA

>

> last slot is either primordial stance or cleansing fire.

> Been trying this, trying to get something close to the cele D/D from back in the day.

> So far I think it's quite good, very good sustain, decent damage, epic mobility.

> I absolutely get destroyed by scourges though, dunno if it's because I don't know what they do but their condi application is actually insane. I'm considering switch to ether renewal because of them.

>

> 15% bonus crit on ennemies affected by weakness and decent fury application compensate for the lack of precision.

Hey there Chibbi, I think i know what your suffering from and probably quite a lot of ex Tempests' and that is the loss of condition cleanses from shouts plus soldiers runes combo. Since we are now playing Weavers this past trick no longer works. If you want to avoid conditions you either have to either take water or earth and the applicable trait to avoid condition damage or cleanse conditions on regeneration. It is not an easy task unless some one else has any tips. Possibly Karl or Phantaram, do you know how Weavers can deal with conditions and there rapid application from Scourge or Firebrands.

Cheers from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42 any feedback on this issue would be much appreciated.