What is your Weaver build?

Cave Rock.4869

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll admit, I'm giggling like a maniac while using my Sword/Dagger Lightning Rod build. It chains 4 hard CCs into a heavy damage skill as an opener.

In other words: Air 2 -> Air/Earth 3 -> Earth 4 -> Air 5 -> Air/Air 3.

This is for open world PvE, and I use Master's Fortitude, Woven Stride, and the Water traitline for survivability, but it still does good damage.

What are you guys using for condi removal in open world stuff? I'm finding this to be the biggest problem with weaver. With sword/dagger I have exactly 1 condition removal option on 30 seconds cd for 2 condis (eles seriously need some "remove ALL the conditions stuff") on dagger water 5. I can survive damaging conditions fine, but my main gripe is getting immobilized or slowed, especially one of those 10 seconds slows that keeps you in combat and unable to mount.

I feel like I'm forced to use a utility slot on Cleansing Fire and even then 1 utility slot for 3 conditions removed on 40 seconds cd is really lacking.

And the arcane traitline is overkill for condition removal (and needs a specific weaver gm trait) and very lacking for pve :(

Are there any combos that remove conditions? I think you need light fields for that, not water, right?

> @Loosifah.4738 said:

> Feanor, whiich build are you running?

You know the standard Fire/Air/Tempest staff build with Bolt to the Heart? Just the same, except you take Weaver 1-2-1 instead of Tempest. You can also replace your Accuracy sigil with an Air one.

> @"Aether McLoud.1975" said:

> What are you guys using for condi removal in open world stuff?

Usually I don't bother with anything at all. The only place where I take some is Bitterfrost Frontier because of the annoying Chill spam there. Ether Renewal is good enough for me.

> @"Diak Atoli.2085" said:

> I'll admit, I'm giggling like a maniac while using my Sword/Dagger Lightning Rod build. It chains 4 hard CCs into a heavy damage skill as an opener.

>

> In other words: Air 2 -> Air/Earth 3 -> Earth 4 -> Air 5 -> Air/Air 3.

>

> This is for open world PvE, and I use Master's Fortitude, Woven Stride, and the Water traitline for survivability, but it still does good damage.

Hey Diak Atoli, this is great to hear that the raw elemental power of the Weaver is making you giggle with glee :) I to think that a Weaver in the mold of a fresh air Elementalist would be incredibly fun to play. Zap, Zap KAPOW! You all know what I mean :astonished: I get the sense your maniac moments are like the Weaver has so much POWER MUHAHA!

Cheers Diak Atoli for the honest, funny and fantasticly awesome comments and post.

From a smiling Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> I'll admit, I'm giggling like a maniac while using my Sword/Dagger Lightning Rod build. It chains 4 hard CCs into a heavy damage skill as an opener.

>

> In other words: Air 2 -> Air/Earth 3 -> Earth 4 -> Air 5 -> Air/Air 3.

>

> This is for open world PvE, and I use Master's Fortitude, Woven Stride, and the Water traitline for survivability, but it still does good damage.

What's the build?

I'm working on switching to a higher damage one as I get used to running Sword/Dagger on Weaver. This one's designed to rotate through Fire/Fire until the original chain has reset.

Build One: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFEQJAsYnUMAFNg94C+NA8RglGAj4IUE+BCByAQM8OT3pH1A-jhRBAB4pH4q9HlfA8AAe4EAYmSQKV/BA-e

Edit: Removed second build for scrap.

I'm a roleplayer, I don't do raids or fractals and stuff. I'm pretty much only Open-World PvE.

My Weaver mainly uses Sword/Dagger and Air/Water for roleplay reasons. The build I have for him combines damage, mobility, and survivability.

All gear, trinkets, weapons, gems etc are Berserker's. Weapon sigils are Force and Air.

Healing skill changes depending on scenario, but utility skills are Signet of Fire, Primordial Stance, and Twist of Fate. Not sure which utility skill I should switch out Twist of Fate for if I want more raw damage.

Air 3-2-2

Water 2-3-3

Weaver 1-2-1

Sometimes I take Cleansing Water, Master's Fortitude, and Woven Stride for even more condi cleanse and to keep my health above 90%, for the damage bonus from Aquamancer's Training. I plan on getting Scholar runes for my gear... yes, I'm that poor.

But yeah. Again, open-world PvE. I guess I'll switch to Staff if I need more DPS in the rare scenario that I do fractals.

> @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

> > @"Diak Atoli.2085" said:

> > I'll admit, I'm giggling like a maniac while using my Sword/Dagger Lightning Rod build. It chains 4 hard CCs into a heavy damage skill as an opener.

> >

> > In other words: Air 2 -> Air/Earth 3 -> Earth 4 -> Air 5 -> Air/Air 3.

> >

> > This is for open world PvE, and I use Master's Fortitude, Woven Stride, and the Water traitline for survivability, but it still does good damage.

>

> What's the build?

Yeah Lonewolfkai, you have me wondering also about what makes you giggle in a maniacal way when playing the Weaver?

I would really like to hear it in an almost monologue story, like some evil villainous mage or superhero would do.

Cheers from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> I'm working on switching to a higher damage one as I get used to running Sword/Dagger on Weaver. This one's designed to rotate through Fire/Fire until the original chain has reset.

>

> Build One: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFEQJAsYnUMAFNg94C+NA8RglGAj4IUE+BCByAQM8OT3pH1A-jhRBAB4pH4q9HlfA8AAe4EAYmSQKV/BA-e

>

> Edit: Removed second build for scrap.

Hey Diak, how is the power Weaver build working out? There is limited damage coming of the weapon skills. Have you considered Vipers or Grieving sets of stats for in the future when you can afford them? Otherwise I know you tried your best to make a power damage build. I just feel that the sword has so much to offer in a hybrid damage build or even like straight condition. Because they reworked off hand daggers earth line to synergize better and do more condition damage.

Cheers for making a build Diak Atoli, from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> @MrRay.3027 said:

> You could use Marauder instead of zerker (at least for armor) if you don't care about min maxing. It will improve your sustain with not much loss in dps.

Thanks Mr Ray for helping out Diak Atoli,your very right in suggesting a bit more sustainability is required with his build. But I also think straight power is not going to be enough damage output atleast on main hand sword. Perhaps switch to staff and it might work with power damage because of pile driver. Otherwise consider Vipers or Grieving hybrid damage with main hand sword. Possibly even go trailblazers or Sinister for more sustain and condition damage focus.

Diak Atoli and Mr Ray Weaver sure is a tricky one to pick the right stat set for atm. Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42 /ponders hmm.

> @harkem.2051 said:

> I'm a roleplayer, I don't do raids or fractals and stuff. I'm pretty much only Open-World PvE.

> My Weaver mainly uses Sword/Dagger and Air/Water for roleplay reasons. The build I have for him combines damage, mobility, and survivability.

>

> All gear, trinkets, weapons, gems etc are Berserker's. Weapon sigils are Force and Air.

> Healing skill changes depending on scenario, but utility skills are Signet of Fire, Primordial Stance, and Twist of Fate. Not sure which utility skill I should switch out Twist of Fate for if I want more raw damage.

> Air 3-2-2

> Water 2-3-3

> Weaver 1-2-1

> Sometimes I take Cleansing Water, Master's Fortitude, and Woven Stride for even more condi cleanse and to keep my health above 90%, for the damage bonus from Aquamancer's Training. I plan on getting Scholar runes for my gear... yes, I'm that poor.

>

> But yeah. Again, open-world PvE. I guess I'll switch to Staff if I need more DPS in the rare scenario that I do fractals.

Hey Harkem it is good you agree that staff seems to be the PvE weapon of choice. How does your sword/dagger fair in comparison with staff in Pve. I am also glad to hear that you like to role-play and are sticking to what you like over any meta based logic of what works better. That's awesome to hear. I do similar stuff, usually play the weapon type that I am comfortable with and have gotten used to over the years.

Cheers for being honest and sharing a role players perspective on playing a power damage air water Weaver. Do you role-play it that way because of Avatar the Last Airbender? Only share if you feel comfortable saying, no pressure at all. It is why I personally liked the Weaver from the start, it is the closest in a game that you will get to being Ang or Korra.

Thanks for the comment from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

I would very much like to try out a Greiver stat sword/dagger or sword/focus build; I just don't do much WvW or raiding to be able to get the stat combo right now. Hopefully they add it as a craftable recipe soon. I've been having fun using the air/arcane/weaver lightning rod build with sword/dagger; but survivability is a bit of an issue with berserker gear with berserker runes.

I want to switch up the stats but I don't want to change it only to change it again when griever is available. I really wish they would up the damage on sword.

In a wvw setting the way the other PoF elite spec play out i am not seeing the path forward for staff weaver any more. It may do great dmg but it all comes out so slow and is all so easy to mitigated with out any real counter mitigation on the weaver class the staff build i been working dose not seem to work one bit.

Since you have time between atunements, you can get closer for your melee skills. I like dagger instead if focus because it has more aoe dmg skills. It's nice for when you're surounded. Think Swamp fractal. The lightning rod and air5, earth4 makes it easy to deal with those packs of mobs.

Some PvP S/F Weaver builds. I have Marauder/Zerk mixes for WvW roaming and things.

Can go Elemental Contingency over Arcane Shield. Renewing Stamina/Exposure or Courage Sigil over Arcane Abatement/Energy Sigil like on base S/F FA Ele or perma swiftness on Swift Revenge but it lacked crit so I decided Arcane traitline was best for fury uptime and condi clear on swap to Air or Water with Woven Stride. Also decided I would not benefit as much from the cds on Aquamancer's Training and lose out on 10% damage above 90% health. Some of the dual skills make up for the lack of soft CCs from Elemental Surge and Arcane Blast that I enjoyed so much on base S/F FA Ele. It is also a damage loss. Some of the dual skills can cast while kiting and you get an additional CC, but other skills require you to be facing your target to land them.

Air/Water/Weaver

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdncMAdOg14C+4C8RglGAToCEA+gEHhZwP4uS3pH1A-jJxHQB9Y/hrVGAAnAgA+AAAA

Tried to balance the survivability aspect with reasonable damage so I took Cleansing Wave over Aquamancer's Training. Been using Unravel mostly defensively so I can either land a Phoenix burst or use my projectile blocks and invlun when I need them. I feel pressured to play more defensive most often and this is further restricted by Unravel's cooldowns so once that's up, you're easy food.

Arcane/Water/Weaver

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdncMAdOg14C+4CM5iFTAjoCEAaAFVxSQI4eMvmjzA-jJxHQBXrMAAOBAB8BA0j9HAA

Can it work without the superspeed from Air traitline? Probably not, so I took the new elite to shorten the gaps between attunement swapping further at the cost of mobility from FGS and we lose out on the additional damage from Lightning Strike, and superspeed from One With Air from swaping to Air or double attuning Air. But you get 40% movement speed from swiftness and 50% movement speed while in Air from the elite. Not sure if it is worth it.

This is also a good opportunity to complain about Unravel Hexes working for all condi like the description described pre-PoF and how being forced into the water traitline for condi clear. Fighting condi classes requires range and landing soft CCs (chills, immob) and hard CCs (Gale, Comet), or just avoiding those matchups all together and pick some yolo damage options like Elements of Rage.

Oh well, I decided to share these build ideas in the hopes that it encourages someone to think of something different that might work, or maybe just to play around with. You can get a nice additional hard CC with Earthen Synergy on Weaver scepter. There is match-up knowledge to be learned for sure in order to be an effective player as the meta continues to shape up.

I'm running this sword/dagger http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsYncMAtMgF5C2NAM5iFBALIAEKPADxgdQR4+VHr31A-jxAFwAOeAAv3fAwJAAA-e in open world stuff and loving it. Using celestial equip. Weapon sigils are up for grabs really, I just used battle and air since I had them on hand. Battle is great for the build but there's probably way better options than air.

I also switch out primordial stance for cleansing fire in condition heavy areas (unravel should have been a condi removal skill IMHO).

Hey all sorry i am behind the eight ball on replies for this Weaver thread, i got snowed under with many other comments to write back to over the last day or so. I can see many threads on the Weaver forums saying that this new elite is a disappointment in PvE and WvW etc. But i actually think it is in a really good position within the meta. We have three weapons which are often mentioned in builds and they are Staff or Sword/Dagger. Some folks even mentioned that they switch weapons for certain situations for example staff for zergs and sword/dagger for roaming fights.

I had an idea that may get knocked back by the community or developers but now seems like a relatively good point in the game to ask, what if the Weaver got access to two weapons and could swap them when required? I know our attunement swapping over the years has been a similar type of deal, but i wonder now with the Weaver becoming a true damage dealer and a relatively squishy one by some peoples standards if a weapon swap would increase the Weavers out going damage potential and actually put those who say it isn't a very good new elite specialization back on board with it. I personally think it is amazing, but that it may need a little fine tuning increase its outgoing condition damage on the sword/dagger.

I say this because many professions have access to doing both close damage and range at the say time. The Weaver in that regard is incredibly limited in that sense... if we choose staff we arn't necessarily great if we are in melee range of enemies or mobs. Alternatively we suffer terribly if we wield a sword or dagger and can't attack an enemy or mob at range. Plus it is not possible to switch weapon if your in SPvP or combat in WvW etc. As Weaver we already have far to much assuming and presumption of what type of battle or combat we might be encountering, this is why i wonder if this idea might be considered at all by the developers.

Is it time for a Weaver/Elementalist to get a weapons swap? What do others think about that idea, would it help or make things worse?