What is your Weaver build?

Cave Rock.4869

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @steve.2945 said:

> I just tested out this build earlier yesterday, and I found myself doing considerable amounts of damage, sure it's sword and this works with staff too.

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsdnUMANNgF5CmNAM5iFBALIAUAOACXyQQK4eVPrv1A-jxBBAB5pH4MlglpcoS1fC4BAAwJAAr9HlcBAOAWv6Bw6rv+6rveXv+6rv+6rv+6rvepA8ToF-e

Sup Steve, I like how people are considering straight power builds on the Weaver. You have the sweet spot for both crit chance and crit damage nailed nicely. I wonder though how much damage your doing? Also don't you feel with the sword have so much access to condition damage that your not missing a chance to do something like vipers for hybrid damage? I like your trait selection also, but i feel like the low hit points and lack of a way to deal with conditions might really hurt. I see your build being useful possibly in a Raid or PvE situation.

Many thanks Steve, for your: build, time spent theory crafting and participation in this discussion.

From Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

This is also just to help out those folks that are undecided or not sure that their main professions new trait line is the elite specialization for them, well how about checking out my video. It is an overview of the new expansion and a brief discussion about each of the nine new elites specializations. All, I feel blessed because so many have viewed it already and i hope it helps out some one be it an old or a new player who just joined Guild Wars 2. As a past beta player and a veteran of the game it is well untruly the right time that i passed on my some of my knowledge to the community, i hope you all enjoy it. Thanks for watching and cheers everyone for the support and kind words.

> @"Cave Rock.4869" said:

> > @steve.2945 said:

> > I just tested out this build earlier yesterday, and I found myself doing considerable amounts of damage, sure it's sword and this works with staff too.

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsdnUMANNgF5CmNAM5iFBALIAUAOACXyQQK4eVPrv1A-jxBBAB5pH4MlglpcoS1fC4BAAwJAAr9HlcBAOAWv6Bw6rv+6rveXv+6rv+6rv+6rvepA8ToF-e

>

> Sup Steve, I like how people are considering straight power builds on the Weaver. You have the sweet spot for both crit chance and crit damage nailed nicely. I wonder though how much damage your doing? Also don't you feel with the sword have so much access to condition damage that your not missing a chance to do something like vipers for hybrid damage? I like your trait selection also, but i feel like the low hit points and lack of a way to deal with conditions might really hurt. I see your build being useful possibly in a Raid or PvE situation.

>

> Many thanks Steve, for your: build, time spent theory crafting and participation in this discussion.

>

> From Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

Thank you for your input, I was trying this build out last night when I ran into a scenario when I got bombarded by a bunch of Mobs, somehow, I made it out alive. As for the damage I was hitting about...4k-8k on crits, I don't consider viper as hybrid since its straight condi, grievers though is hybrid, I will try to get some of that though. As for health, I did consider the low HP, reason why I have glyph, I didn't have many problems with healing. As for condi, I do manage to survive with the water skills. Scepter and focus for ranged if sword is not an option either.

> @Magi.8643 said:

> [arcane power staff](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFUQFAWnMICtMgNNAmNAM5iFBALIAUAOA3r6Z9tuYT2GODA-jhBBABBcBBA4BBUp6PYt/o87Mlg5pjgUARMGA-e "arcane power staff") build been working out so far would like to try a sword build but i feel i need grieving stats to get the most out of one.

Hey, Magi hows it going? First off i don't think you will have to wait too long to play with sword. You might even be able to do it with vipers or trailblazers is you have a set of armor with those stats on it.

Cheers for the staff build, they seem pretty popular from Cave Rock.

Currently running [sword/Dagger Hybrid](http://de.gw2skills.net/editor/?vFQQJAsYncMAF5ilNA+4CM5iFBAbIGsDKC3v6Y9uOIAEKPAA-jBCBQBP7BA4RlZA4EA4P9AOU9nZqEkjKN+3+DkCwPlVA-e "Sword/Dagger Hybrid") for open world PvE. I mixed some defensive stats in there to not be too squishy. Also started out with Viper stats since I already had a full set, but will try out Grieving/Marshal stats once I get my hands on those.

Have to say Weaver is alot of fun once you get used to its mechanic. Although the numbers on Sword seem rather low at first, it deals a lot of damage when going for a hybrid build. My Weaver is a bit squishier than my Tempest (not much though), but between dodges, barriers, evades and healing from the Signet and Riptide, it can survive pretty well and even take on larger packs of enemies. When facing mobs who can apply a lot of conditions, I sometimes switch out Twist of Fate for Cleansing Fire, maybe even take Burning Fire in Fire trait line to get another Cleansing Fire.

> @Patty.3268 said:

> Currently running [sword/Dagger Hybrid](http://de.gw2skills.net/editor/?vFQQJAsYncMAF5ilNA+4CM5iFBAbIGsDKC3v6Y9uOIAEKPAA-jBCBQBP7BA4RlZA4EA4P9AOU9nZqEkjKN+3+DkCwPlVA-e "Sword/Dagger Hybrid") for open world PvE. I mixed some defensive stats in there to not be too squishy. Also started out with Viper stats since I already had a full set, but will try out Grieving/Marshal stats once I get my hands on those.

>

> Have to say Weaver is alot of fun once you get used to its mechanic. Although the numbers on Sword seem rather low at first, it deals a lot of damage when going for a hybrid build. My Weaver is a bit squishier than my Tempest (not much though), but between dodges, barriers, evades and healing from the Signet and Riptide, it can survive pretty well and even take on larger packs of enemies. When facing mobs who can apply a lot of conditions, I sometimes switch out Twist of Fate for Cleansing Fire, maybe even take Burning Fire in Fire trait line to get another Cleansing Fire.

Can you share your basic rotation (just in case there is actually some kind of "true" rotation). Thanks in advance.

I have huge problems with the difficulty of the story. Atm iam playning with Staff and zerker gear. Maybe its just that i havent played for 1,5 years and iam just overwhelming bad. :dissapointed:

Anyone has a basic rotation for playing with staff too?

> @Schnabbel.2645 said:

> > @Patty.3268 said:

> > Currently running [sword/Dagger Hybrid](http://de.gw2skills.net/editor/?vFQQJAsYncMAF5ilNA+4CM5iFBAbIGsDKC3v6Y9uOIAEKPAA-jBCBQBP7BA4RlZA4EA4P9AOU9nZqEkjKN+3+DkCwPlVA-e "Sword/Dagger Hybrid") for open world PvE. I mixed some defensive stats in there to not be too squishy. Also started out with Viper stats since I already had a full set, but will try out Grieving/Marshal stats once I get my hands on those.

> >

> > Have to say Weaver is alot of fun once you get used to its mechanic. Although the numbers on Sword seem rather low at first, it deals a lot of damage when going for a hybrid build. My Weaver is a bit squishier than my Tempest (not much though), but between dodges, barriers, evades and healing from the Signet and Riptide, it can survive pretty well and even take on larger packs of enemies. When facing mobs who can apply a lot of conditions, I sometimes switch out Twist of Fate for Cleansing Fire, maybe even take Burning Fire in Fire trait line to get another Cleansing Fire.

>

> Can you share your basic rotation (just in case there is actually some kind of "true" rotation). Thanks in advance.

>

> I have huge problems with the difficulty of the story. Atm iam playning with Staff and zerker gear. Maybe its just that i havent played for 1,5 years and iam just overwhelming bad. :dissapointed:

>

> Anyone has a basic rotation for playing with staff too?

To be honest, I don't have some kind of fixed rotation, more a set of skills that I use in conjunction. It just feels more flexible to me than trying to maintain a fixed rotation that I might have to throw away anyway depending on what the enemy is doing. It has been like this for Base Ele and Tempest, too. I'm basically always "what do I need most now?", and change attunements accordingly.

Regarding my "rotation", for example, I always try to finish one of the two fire fields (Fire-2 and -4) or the water field with one of the explo finishers of the earth attunement. Due to the global CD for attunement swapping, you have to time these combos. Due to the trait Persisting Flames, fire fields last additional 2 seconds. So when you use Fire- 2 1-2 seconds after attuning to Fire instead of right away, it lasts just long enough to attune to Earth next and finish with Earth-2. Same goes for the Water field, which also lasts 4 seconds.

Outside of these combos, I stay away from sticking only to two or three elements and try to use all four of them to get access to all six Dual Attacks one after another. Their cooldowns are low enough that you can basically use them right away after attuning to the corresponding combo. I rarely fully attune to a single element though.

Here's the open world PVE build I'm running. It's a power build that can get some really high bursts (I'm getting 7.5 k fire grabs, 5k cauterizing strike), but still be tanky. I can get 100% crit chance through traits, fury, and either signet/perception rune.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsYnMMAtMglNA+4C8RglGATIQGAihFZhbYU4uS3pD1A-jlSEQB1Ttnso0IP6BIoys1oKA3UCGhTAAAeAAVzM372fAA-w

The gear is just what I'm using on hand, and I'm sure it can be made better.

Sword/dagger weaver has a lot of hard cc, so I'm paired this with disabling rod, which is crucial to your dps. A strong combo in air/earth is to do sword 2, dual attack 3, dagger 4. Each attack disables foe, granting you a lightning strike which will crit for around 2k each plus the enemy won't be able to do anything. If you get in trouble switch to water and use riptide. While you are going through the animation blast the water field with arcane wave, then switch to earth at the end to blast again with an earth skill. Arcane wave should be saved for blasting water and fire fields, not necessarily for damage, though it will give you a ferocity buff when traited.

> @Schnabbel.2645 said:

> > @Patty.3268 said:

> > Currently running [sword/Dagger Hybrid](http://de.gw2skills.net/editor/?vFQQJAsYncMAF5ilNA+4CM5iFBAbIGsDKC3v6Y9uOIAEKPAA-jBCBQBP7BA4RlZA4EA4P9AOU9nZqEkjKN+3+DkCwPlVA-e "Sword/Dagger Hybrid") for open world PvE. I mixed some defensive stats in there to not be too squishy. Also started out with Viper stats since I already had a full set, but will try out Grieving/Marshal stats once I get my hands on those.

> >

> > Have to say Weaver is alot of fun once you get used to its mechanic. Although the numbers on Sword seem rather low at first, it deals a lot of damage when going for a hybrid build. My Weaver is a bit squishier than my Tempest (not much though), but between dodges, barriers, evades and healing from the Signet and Riptide, it can survive pretty well and even take on larger packs of enemies. When facing mobs who can apply a lot of conditions, I sometimes switch out Twist of Fate for Cleansing Fire, maybe even take Burning Fire in Fire trait line to get another Cleansing Fire.

>

> Can you share your basic rotation (just in case there is actually some kind of "true" rotation). Thanks in advance.

>

> I have huge problems with the difficulty of the story. Atm iam playning with Staff and zerker gear. Maybe its just that i havent played for 1,5 years and iam just overwhelming bad. :dissapointed:

>

> Anyone has a basic rotation for playing with staff too?

Hey Schnabble, after five years it is great to see that your back into the game. That is fantastic to hear a veteran has returned. It really is like riding a bike. Keep at it you'll be just fine soon once you learn the ropes again.

Many current players have found Path of Fire mobs to have better Ai and also be hard to defeat mostly because they hit from long range and hurt really badly. So it isn't that your bad it is just the PvE mobs have got tougher.

Of note one of your goto staff moves would be pile driver in half air and earth. It has the highest damage on staff that I know of at the moment.

I hope this helps you out Schnabble and keep at it with the Weaver. Persist onwards through Path of Fire, eventually you will be very well rewarded with a fully geared and completely elite specialization out Weaver who would have turned into a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield or in any mode of the game you prefer. The Weaver will find a place raids I am certain of that as they will do plenty of both condition and power damage. Good luck.

Cheers from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> @Feanor.2358 said:

> For staff, basically you rotate attunements in the order Air -> Fire -> Fire -> Earth -> Fire -> Fire and you use the AOEs you have. You should aim to overlap your heavy hitting skills with the 8s Elements of Rage buff.

Hey again Feanor, thanks for helping out Schnabble, I bet they will appreciate it very much. Just look at how complex the rotations can sound on paper or in theory, but once you get used to the rotation you will get the hang of it in no time and easily in practice. The rotations just be natural or a habit after playing the Weaver for a while. Another trick you can do is practice it on Guild Wars 2 skills the build editor. Plug in your build and just weave from one attunement to another over and over, all the while learning what each skill does, damage type wise, AoE, Single target,or control effects, barrier and even healing (instant or regeneration) etc. I just takes a little time and practice.

I know at first glance I found the Weaver to appear overwhelming or confusing. My best advice is don't worry, stress or overthink things about the Weaver and just get in and play the PvE of Path of Fire. Then you will get the hang of it in time trust me stick with it and don't get disheartened, because in the end the reward for the initial troubles will be a thing of the past, as you will finally be a grand master Weaver.

Cheers for your post Feanor and like I said thanks for helping out Schnabble with the detailed and useful rotational selections available to the Weaver.

Many thanks from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42. BTW you got a big helpful for your post for Schnabble.

> @Noble.2670 said:

> My plan is to delete my ele and reroll scourge

Oh Noble why bud? I hear that Scourge has many issues. Would i be able to convince you to stick with the Weaver by helping you out at all?

Perhaps you could revisit the Weaver once you get Grieving stats? Perhaps that is why it feels off for you the wrong build or stats?

From Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> @MrRay.3027 said:

> That's a nice build. What do you use to deal with condi?

>

> Nevermind, I saw now the renewal.

Yeah MrRay, I thought the same thing about the build then I saw your post. It strikes me that many Weavers are choosing staff for the range to survive the PvE mobs by having range dps. I applaud Bunnytown for having the guts or bravery to try the weapon that was intended to be played in conjunction with the Weaver elite specializations a main hand sword. Although I like the traits, I am just not sure a purely power damage build with limited healing power and low condition cleansing will fair out there in Path of Fire's PvE.

I hope it works out for you Bunnytown and like I said your very brave to try the build and stat combo out. Me personally I see the Weaver as being designed for hybrid or condition damage builds, especially with regards to the main hand sword.

Cheers from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42, guys and girls thanks both of you for the posts and I wish you well with your new Weavers. Let me know how it all works out in the game and Path of Fire for both of you Bunnytown and MrRay.

> @"Cave Rock.4869" said:

>

> Yeah MrRay, I thought the same thing about the build then I saw your post. It strikes me that many Weavers are choosing staff for the range to survive the PvE mobs by having range dps. I applaud Bunnytown for having the guts or bravery to try the weapon that was intended to be played in conjunction with the Weaver elite specializations a main hand sword. Although I like the traits, I am just not sure a purely power damage build with limited healing power and low condition cleansing will fair out there in Path of Fire's PvE.

>

> I hope it works out for you Bunnytown and like I said your very brave to try the build and stat combo out. Me personally I see the Weaver as being designed for hybrid or condition damage builds, especially with regards to the main hand sword.

>

I'm not having any issues with this build. Any Condi can be cleansed with heal or cleansing wave. Also blasting the water field on sword (can get up to 3 blasts) takes care of the majority of healing so the heal can be saved for big Condis or emergencies. It's not raid viable of course, but I think it's a fun solo build.

> @Feanor.2358 said:

> Just to put some perspective on the term "really high burst". Yesterday on Molten Berserker (scale 90) I got 70k+ burst and 60k overall dps. Of course, the Firebrand in the group was even higher than this. Also, zero-buff Plasma Blast in open world crits for 12-13k.

Hey again Feanor, It is great to hear some dps numbers coming out for the Weaver. Ain't it weird that a staff Weaver is viable. Because for so long in the past i was just used primarily for support or healing. I recall saying the same thing in my YouTube video that it will be nice to finally have an Elementalist elite specialization that focuses on doing purely just damage as its main focus. Of course it isn't all that the Weaver can do because we all know how flexible the profession really can be but you all know what i mean right, finally we can hold our own or not be carried by others in particular game modes. As well we now have a great chance as Weaver of being able to get into the raid meta or at least stay in it with a staff Weaver build. Thanks Feanor for the heads up on the numbers of damage that your Weaver was capable of doing in high level fractals. That is a really positive sign for this new elite. Those Plasma Blasts sound awesome doing 12-13k crits.

I think the Weaver is in a pretty comfortable position at the moment in the meta if it can do burst 70k damage and 60k overall dps. I don't expect that the skills and balance team will do any reductions to that in the near future, because it seems pretty decent at the moment.

Cheers once again Feanor from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.