Returning Player with a question

I just redownloaded GW2 yesterday and bought the ultimate bundle along with it.

I haven't played in two years, so both of my guilds were dead at this point, and my server has one of, if not the lowest population averages of them all.

I joined a really nice, and informative guild and they really want to help me learn WvW and such, but most of the members are based in another world.

Is there a way I can swap my world as a returning player, or do i have to use 1000 gems to do so?

After spending 120 bucks, I don't really have the extra money to throw into a world change, and i think I'm worth a whopping 20 gold.

I would hate to have to spend the gems out of the 4,000 they give you for upgrading, since that was a big draw for me to buy it, and i already kind of

decided I would get the item salvage thing, and the magical unlimited gathering tools.

If anyone could help me or point me in the direction of a world change I would greatly appreciate it.

If not, I suppose I'll have to chuck in some more money.

Thanks guys. :+1:

At this point you have one of two options. You can pay to transfer or you can delete all your chars and then you can transfer for free.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World#Transferring

>Accounts without active characters

>The transfer fee is waived for accounts without any active characters. This allows players just starting out to change to another world that is not full. You also can transfer without cost if you delete all your existing characters. The next time you log on without any characters, you will be prompted to choose a new home world. Please be aware of the following:

>Transfers to any game world — whether free or paid for with gems — are allowed only if the population of the world is at less than capacity.

>Transfers to any game world — whether free or paid for with gems — are allowed only once per seven days.

>If you decide to delete the characters on your account, Customer Support cannot restore them, in whole or in part.

>When all characters are deleted, your guilds, coin, and bank contents will not be lost.

Of course, deleting all chars means losing all future birthday gifts, with titles, skins, dyes, AP and other items.

(Just so you will know so that you don’t transfer and then find out later. ANet is working on a new system for WvW where it’s guild based instead of server based. However it’s unlikely to be added to the game for several months)

> @"Prince Harming.7692" said:

> I just redownloaded GW2 yesterday and bought the ultimate bundle along with it.

> I haven't played in two years, so both of my guilds were dead at this point, and my server has one of, if not the lowest population averages of them all.

>

> I joined a really nice, and informative guild and they really want to help me learn WvW and such, but most of the members are based in another world.

>

> Is there a way I can swap my world as a returning player, or do i have to use 1000 gems to do so?

> After spending 120 bucks, I don't really have the extra money to throw into a world change, and i think I'm worth a whopping 20 gold.

> I would hate to have to spend the gems out of the 4,000 they give you for upgrading, since that was a big draw for me to buy it, and i already kind of

> decided I would get the item salvage thing, and the magical unlimited gathering tools.

>

> If anyone could help me or point me in the direction of a world change I would greatly appreciate it.

> If not, I suppose I'll have to chuck in some more money.

>

> Thanks guys. :+1:

Your best bet is saving your money for now and be a guest on a server you'd like to play on.

> @"Brutalistik.6473" said:

> > @"Prince Harming.7692" said:

> > I just redownloaded GW2 yesterday and bought the ultimate bundle along with it.

> > I haven't played in two years, so both of my guilds were dead at this point, and my server has one of, if not the lowest population averages of them all.

> >

> > I joined a really nice, and informative guild and they really want to help me learn WvW and such, but most of the members are based in another world.

> >

> > Is there a way I can swap my world as a returning player, or do i have to use 1000 gems to do so?

> > After spending 120 bucks, I don't really have the extra money to throw into a world change, and i think I'm worth a whopping 20 gold.

> > I would hate to have to spend the gems out of the 4,000 they give you for upgrading, since that was a big draw for me to buy it, and i already kind of

> > decided I would get the item salvage thing, and the magical unlimited gathering tools.

> >

> > If anyone could help me or point me in the direction of a world change I would greatly appreciate it.

> > If not, I suppose I'll have to chuck in some more money.

> >

> > Thanks guys. :+1:

>

> Your best bet is saving your money for now and be a guest on a server you'd like to play on.

You can't play WvW on a server you guest to. Guesting would not help at all.

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > @"Brutalistik.6473" said:

> > > @"Prince Harming.7692" said:

> > > I just redownloaded GW2 yesterday and bought the ultimate bundle along with it.

> > > I haven't played in two years, so both of my guilds were dead at this point, and my server has one of, if not the lowest population averages of them all.

> > >

> > > I joined a really nice, and informative guild and they really want to help me learn WvW and such, but most of the members are based in another world.

> > >

> > > Is there a way I can swap my world as a returning player, or do i have to use 1000 gems to do so?

> > > After spending 120 bucks, I don't really have the extra money to throw into a world change, and i think I'm worth a whopping 20 gold.

> > > I would hate to have to spend the gems out of the 4,000 they give you for upgrading, since that was a big draw for me to buy it, and i already kind of

> > > decided I would get the item salvage thing, and the magical unlimited gathering tools.

> > >

> > > If anyone could help me or point me in the direction of a world change I would greatly appreciate it.

> > > If not, I suppose I'll have to chuck in some more money.

> > >

> > > Thanks guys. :+1:

> >

> > Your best bet is saving your money for now and be a guest on a server you'd like to play on.

>

> You can't play WvW on a server you guest to. Guesting would not help at all.

Ahh okay my bad :smile: