Zerker Soulbeast meta not an issue for anyone in wvw?

Xtinct.7031

I have to assume 99% of the people here are mad because they got 100 - 0'd by a memebeast either while they were separated from their zerg or while they were running back to it.

Listen, guys. _Pretty_ much everything has 1 shot potential now-a-days. The difference with Soulbeast is that it attacks you in plain sight with channeled attacks, often with Quickness, meaning you can dodge once and dodge 90% of it. Yes, it hits like an Irish daddy fresh home from the bar, but there are things far more dangerous than a .50 caliber longbow.

Here are some tips:

1. Dodge

2. Dodge

3. Also, dodge

4. Don't wear paper armor (0 toughness or defenses) if you're going to complain when you get 1 shot. TLDR: Gitgud.bat

5. When you see them apply multiple buffs, it should be a pretty good indication that damage is incoming. Refer to points 1, 2 and 3.

6. Use line of sight. Arrows do not pierce solid terrain. And even if they did they probably wouldn't get through the 9 and a half inches of brick between your brain and your mouth.

7. If point 6 is not an option, be creative. Pull the fight in to a more favorable area. Ideally not next to a tower or camp they can retreat to (P.S. chasing them is bad).

I agree that Soulbeast damage is absurdly high and obnoxiously easy to play. I am not at all disputing that. However, they are extremely easy to pressure 99.9% of the time with proper play. Though yes, there are some skilled Rangers out there, most are not. The skilled ones will be much more difficult but they will also be much less likely to play full glass YOLOBOW. I've been playing full glass for nearly 3 years and trust me, a good player will either kill me or send me running 75% of the time unless I play extremely well. High damage is only enough to carry you against the average player or those unaware/at a severe disadvantage.

Thieves/Daredevils/Deadeyes, Mesmers/Chronomancers/Mirages, Dragonhunters/Guardians, Holosmiths, all things capable of appearing directly on top of you and 100 - 0'ing you in the same time, or potentially faster, than a Soulbeast can meme you. And meme's is all it is. It's a gimmick and not knowing how to fight it doesn't warrant a nerf.

Offer some suggestions that don't declaw the spec just because you got scratched. Balancing is welcome, nerfing is not. SB is already a glorified Ranger, if you reduce it's damage too heavily it's a pretty redundant spec.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it has to do something with rifle having straight trajectory projectile and longbow projectiles having arc trajectory. If anything, rifle should have longer range obviously, not longbows. But for sake of balance, they should make all weapon ranged skills to have max range 1200 and after travelling beyond this limit, projectile would be simply destroyed and rendered as "Out of range". I don't understand in the first place, why anet decided to make some ranged weapon attacks 1500 range instead of keeping it at 1200... certain things should be equalized.

> @"Shadowcat.2680" said:

> > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > @"Shadowcat.2680" said:

> > > > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > @"Shadowcat.2680" said:

> > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > The real problem with soulbeasts is actually how they can achieve decent single target dmg while having really high sustain because of boons like regen and protection.

> > > > > > > > > > > > but that probably wont be adressed for a while cus everyone is still using the zerk 1shot, one trick pony builds :)

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > The problem with soulbeast is low risk high reward and noob friendly usage.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > You don't get punished at all for running full glass, in the same why of full glass ele for example.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Soulbeast right now is basically a warrior with 1500 range (yeah 1800+ many times), with stealth, evades, block, high mobility, high regen and sustain due to boonspam (perma regen and perma prot mainly), nasty soft and hard CC skills, crazy high damage and incredibility easy to pull off from safe range.

> > > > > > > > > > > People say, don't make a range kite you and go melee!

> > > > > > > > > > > If we talk about melee their damage is probably higher than ranged one and they can still pressure you at melee combat.

> > > > > > > > > > > Or if they run sword/dagger they can evade a lot.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > It's just the new cheesy spec of roaming that even noobs can abuse.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > ranger is only noobfriendly in terms of range. to pull anything else meaningful off like the survivability you need coordinate your skills a lot more. I have mained ranger since I started. every time I see a 1 hit ranger or a ranger tries to kill me with his duel build I destroy them. they play really bad and get rekt by most other specs when I see them cus they suck.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > but you ARE correct that GOOD rangers are OP because they can utilize everything the class has to offer. if you pull off the rotations correctly and your opponent makes mistakes it's extremely effective at punishing them for those mistakes.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" I think you've been rather unlucky with the soulbeasts you're facing tbh. most of the ones I see are complete trash who not good for anything but 1upping a fight that was already started.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > edit fixing typos cus I'm writing this on my phone

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I killed plenty of soulbeasts, but what I hate the most is the noob friendly and low risk aspect of the profession.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It is true a good soulbeast can utilise the class at his max and punish you for your mistakes a lot, but this is true with any profession you play, if you are on your main.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > But in many cases the profession does 90% of the job for you.

> > > > > > > > > Druid for example is the top number 1 profession on what I am referring too.

> > > > > > > > > You can afford to commit multiple and several mistakes and still win because carried by the profession and not by your personal skill.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > One day I was dueling a druid who was a bit condi oriented, probably a weird hybrid build.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I was playing core full zerk warrior, pretty simple and easy standard dueling profession.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Many people watched us dueling, I literally landed every single stun I have, the fight was so long and this guy was dodging on my autoattacks instead of dodging my stuns, I landed every single eviscerate and arcing slice, I had perma 3ah all the fight, but him having perma protection, keeping me perma poisoned, as soon he was 15% health, pop celestial avatar off cooldown, stealth, exit out of stealth always 100% health in 3-4 seconds, and he kept doing this for maybe 2-3 minutes when he finally downed me because of stupid condis working on me plus sustained damage from the stupid pet.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Every single guy who saw us dueling was shocked how badly and poorly he played and still managed to win just because of how brainless his profession is, he didn't deserve the win at all, yeah i died, he beat me, but this doesn't mean he is better than me or he has more skill than me, in this case seriously he was not even half my skill level, he switched to warrior after adfirming it was his main, and i did 10-0 on him and he started saying i turned on some weird tool because against his ranger i was so noob. But i had zero chances on that stupid druid build he was playing.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Why I told you this? Because soulbeast right now is just abused by everyone, and because of all the tools at his disposal, a worse player can beat a better one.

> > > > > > > > > And the problem is almost nobody really runs full zerk with strength or pack runes, but a mix of marauder/zerk with dura runes can still achieve the damage to "oneshot" 100-0 plus having doubled sustain.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Instead of doing 40k rapid fire maybe you do 15-20k, the average health of every profession.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > But as you said the worse ones just runs in duo or just wait to jump you and +1 for the easy kill because they are garbage.

> > > > > > > > > > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Here:

> > > > > > > > > > https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y3PV577bSxRL_lw-Wxq41_3EbtTK87IU/view

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Finally someone with video proofs of the stupid overrange of rangers.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It's so nasty to use mobility skilla especially in wvw for over 2k range and still get hit by rangers camping longbow and simply walking.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > A warrior complaining about fairness...now I have seen it all.

> > > > > > > > A core warrior probably with "mights make me right" and strength runes - stability on CC - double immunity etc etc etc...your entire build is 90% passive but you still talk about skill and noob aspects of rangers when your very profession is the to go for new players and instant gratification goonies ....how many mistakes can you make a warrior?...I bet you run with might on dodge food...c'mon.......

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > And yeah I have a warrior too...the ranger must be experienced to stand a chance, it's so freaking easy to kill them with all the passive sustain/blocks I have and I am still useful and wanted in any aspect of the game, I can join zergs, go pvp ..all with min effort

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I am not a main warrior, I was just using it for duels and fun so kitten and stop assuming.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Soulbeast has double immunity too, double stone signet ehm ehm, and on shorter cooldown than endure pain ehm ehm, stealth, perma protection, 1500+ bugged range able to 100-0 even targets with above 3k armor.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Pet ai bugged as hell and annoying.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Crazy high mobility and sustain regen.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > As i said it's just a warrior plus range.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You can say anything about warrior since it's not my main and it's a noob friendly spec easy to use, easy to master, BUT easy as hell to outplay and counter, something that soulbeast is not that easily.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You're trying to combine several soulbeast builds into one. You want higher protection uptime? Better run NM and WS together. You want double SoS? Need to run MM.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'll agree that the pet AI is annoying. Smokescale is the take for nearly every soulbeast (and ranger) build because it's one of the few that can stick to a moving target.

> > > > >

> > > > > Only troll soulbeast and really experienced players run full zerk glass mode.

> > > > > And you can punish your opponent pretty hard by doing so.

> > > > > But the majority is just a dura runes mara soulbeast, still able to dish out crazy high damage output while having great sustain.

> > > > > If on a scale of easyness warrior is 10/10, that soulbeast build is 9.5/10.

> > > > > I just don't like people calling it high risk high reward sorry when it has all warrior utilies and even more at his disposal.

> > > > > And it's proven in many videos (that you can watch in this post) longbow range is way above 1500 range and in my scenarios even ignore obstacles and still hit you.

> > > > > You don't know how many times I got hit behind obstacles when I shouldn't have and it cost me the fight, it's just stupid how on every other class even an higher invisible terrain works as obstacle and in ranger not even a wall can block his projectiles in many cases.

> > > > > It's just another cheesy low risk build on par of mirage spellbreaker and holo which adds into the mix.

> > > > > It's just stupid to defense it.

> > > > > You said of warrior and I agree on all you said.

> > > >

> > > > Youre right about the build stuff when it comes to soulbeast.

> > > > You dont even need dura runes you can just run WS, BM + soulbeast, rune of the grove for protection duration and maybe add 1 or 2 trinkets with harrier or zealots stats to get crazy sustain from protection + regen uptime while maintaining offensive stats ( power, prec, fero ) the same as other classes running full zerk.

> > >

> > > If you did build a WS/BM soulbeast this way, running Grove runes and a couple of Harrier trinkets to try and maximize protection duration from the protection on dodge from WS, you'd only get 2 and 3/4ths seconds of protection per dodge roll. Permanent protection it is not.

> >

> > moa stance. moa stance. 500+ hp/s easily.

>

> If you push boon duration to 100%, Companion's Defense gives 4 secs of protection per dodge roll. It's not worth sacrificing runes and two trinkets for (imo) especially considering that a soulbeast running Durability runes as their only source of boon duration would be at 86% boon duration when Moa Stance is active, giving 3 and 3/4ths seconds of protection per dodge roll with Companion's Defense. Runes of the Grove add only a 1/4th of a second of protection per dodge roll over Durability with Companion's Defense.

sure you can optimize for boon duration and dmg but that doesn't cover sustain like healing power does.

> @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> I have to assume 99% of the people here are mad because they got 100 - 0'd by a memebeast either while they were separated from their zerg or while they were running back to it.

>

> Listen, guys. _Pretty_ much everything has 1 shot potential now-a-days. The difference with Soulbeast is that it attacks you in plain sight with channeled attacks, often with Quickness, meaning you can dodge once and dodge 90% of it. Yes, it hits like an Irish daddy fresh home from the bar, but there are things far more dangerous than a .50 caliber longbow.

>

> Here are some tips:

> 1. Dodge

> 2. Dodge

> 3. Also, dodge

> 4. Don't wear paper armor (0 toughness or defenses) if you're going to complain when you get 1 shot. TLDR: Gitgud.bat

> 5. When you see them apply multiple buffs, it should be a pretty good indication that damage is incoming. Refer to points 1, 2 and 3.

> 6. Use line of sight. Arrows do not pierce solid terrain. And even if they did they probably wouldn't get through the 9 and a half inches of brick between your brain and your mouth.

> 7. If point 6 is not an option, be creative. Pull the fight in to a more favorable area. Ideally not next to a tower or camp they can retreat to (P.S. chasing them is bad).

>

> I agree that Soulbeast damage is absurdly high and obnoxiously easy to play. I am not at all disputing that. However, they are extremely easy to pressure 99.9% of the time with proper play. Though yes, there are some skilled Rangers out there, most are not. The skilled ones will be much more difficult but they will also be much less likely to play full glass YOLOBOW. I've been playing full glass for nearly 3 years and trust me, a good player will either kill me or send me running 75% of the time unless I play extremely well. High damage is only enough to carry you against the average player or those unaware/at a severe disadvantage.

>

> Thieves/Daredevils/Deadeyes, Mesmers/Chronomancers/Mirages, Dragonhunters/Guardians, Holosmiths, all things capable of appearing directly on top of you and 100 - 0'ing you in the same time, or potentially faster, than a Soulbeast can meme you. And meme's is all it is. It's a gimmick and not knowing how to fight it doesn't warrant a nerf.

>

> Offer some suggestions that don't declaw the spec just because you got scratched. Balancing is welcome, nerfing is not. SB is already a glorified Ranger, if you reduce it's damage too heavily it's a pretty redundant spec.

1. Let's be real, you're just not dodging the first one. The projectile is too fast and they're so far away that you won't see the animation and you've got other things to focus on, like the close-range fight in front of you. Soulbeast opens. You take a 7k auto attack + maybe sigil of air proc + possibly OWP proc. Alternatively, you take 3 hits of quickness rapid fire hitting for ~3k per hit (+ procs) before you can react (limits of human reaction time + lag).

2. Unless you've got hella HP, you're within 1 autoattack of death. No room for error now.

3. But you have good reflexees! You dodge the next autoattack or the rest of the quickness rapid fire.

4. Mid-dodge, you have a decision to make. You need to either close ~1800 range of distance and engage the soulbeast OR cover 300-500+ range away from the soulbeast and escape. Also, they're going to autoattack or rapid fire you in a few milliseconds, so decide fast.

5. oh, also you need to be careful with stealth because if they start a rapid fire or autoattack before you stealth, it'll still hit you and you die

6. oh, also you can't block

7. oh, also you can't rely on non-evading movement skills because the projectiles will follow you from 1800 range and still hit you even if you move out of it

The difference between soulbeast and other glassy 1-shot builds is that you have to cover SO MUCH distance before you can engage them. With a glass revenant or glass warrior or glass holo or whatever, you can dodge the burst, then turn and counterattack. This would not be as much of a problem if it sb had a hard 1200 range instead of 1800-2200. It'd still be a problem because autoattacking for half a player's health is nuts, but it'd be less bad.

> @"coro.3176" said:

> > @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > I have to assume 99% of the people here are mad because they got 100 - 0'd by a memebeast either while they were separated from their zerg or while they were running back to it.

> >

> > Listen, guys. _Pretty_ much everything has 1 shot potential now-a-days. The difference with Soulbeast is that it attacks you in plain sight with channeled attacks, often with Quickness, meaning you can dodge once and dodge 90% of it. Yes, it hits like an Irish daddy fresh home from the bar, but there are things far more dangerous than a .50 caliber longbow.

> >

> > Here are some tips:

> > 1. Dodge

> > 2. Dodge

> > 3. Also, dodge

> > 4. Don't wear paper armor (0 toughness or defenses) if you're going to complain when you get 1 shot. TLDR: Gitgud.bat

> > 5. When you see them apply multiple buffs, it should be a pretty good indication that damage is incoming. Refer to points 1, 2 and 3.

> > 6. Use line of sight. Arrows do not pierce solid terrain. And even if they did they probably wouldn't get through the 9 and a half inches of brick between your brain and your mouth.

> > 7. If point 6 is not an option, be creative. Pull the fight in to a more favorable area. Ideally not next to a tower or camp they can retreat to (P.S. chasing them is bad).

> >

> > I agree that Soulbeast damage is absurdly high and obnoxiously easy to play. I am not at all disputing that. However, they are extremely easy to pressure 99.9% of the time with proper play. Though yes, there are some skilled Rangers out there, most are not. The skilled ones will be much more difficult but they will also be much less likely to play full glass YOLOBOW. I've been playing full glass for nearly 3 years and trust me, a good player will either kill me or send me running 75% of the time unless I play extremely well. High damage is only enough to carry you against the average player or those unaware/at a severe disadvantage.

> >

> > Thieves/Daredevils/Deadeyes, Mesmers/Chronomancers/Mirages, Dragonhunters/Guardians, Holosmiths, all things capable of appearing directly on top of you and 100 - 0'ing you in the same time, or potentially faster, than a Soulbeast can meme you. And meme's is all it is. It's a gimmick and not knowing how to fight it doesn't warrant a nerf.

> >

> > Offer some suggestions that don't declaw the spec just because you got scratched. Balancing is welcome, nerfing is not. SB is already a glorified Ranger, if you reduce it's damage too heavily it's a pretty redundant spec.

>

> 1. Let's be real, you're just not dodging the first one. The projectile is too fast and they're so far away that you won't see the animation and you've got other things to focus on, like the close-range fight in front of you. Soulbeast opens. You take a 7k auto attack + maybe sigil of air proc + possibly OWP proc. Alternatively, you take 3 hits of quickness rapid fire hitting for ~3k per hit (+ procs) before you can react (limits of human reaction time + lag).

> 2. Unless you've got hella HP, you're within 1 autoattack of death. No room for error now.

> 3. But you have good reflexees! You dodge the next autoattack or the rest of the quickness rapid fire.

> 4. Mid-dodge, you have a decision to make. You need to either close ~1800 range of distance and engage the soulbeast OR cover 300-500+ range away from the soulbeast and escape. Also, they're going to autoattack or rapid fire you in a few milliseconds, so decide fast.

> 5. oh, also you need to be careful with stealth because if they start a rapid fire or autoattack before you stealth, it'll still hit you and you die

> 6. oh, also you can't block

> 7. oh, also you can't rely on non-evading movement skills because the projectiles will follow you from 1800 range and still hit you even if you move out of it

>

> The difference between soulbeast and other glassy 1-shot builds is that you have to cover SO MUCH distance before you can engage them. With a glass revenant or glass warrior or glass holo or whatever, you can dodge the burst, then turn and counterattack. This would not be as much of a problem if it sb had a hard 1200 range instead of 1800-2200. It'd still be a problem because autoattacking for half a player's health is nuts, but it'd be less bad.

So the problem is that you're getting +1'd? Soulbeast is good at that, yes. But so is literally anything else if you're already being pressured.

If you're already fighting someone and a Soulbeast adds to the fight, yes, you're probably going to get blown up. That doesn't make it broken, it makes it a good +1 just like Thief. Some things excel at fulfilling this role by relying on rapid and hard hitting attacks that ignore your defenses when you're most in need of them. This often results in the butthurtedness that can clearly be seen through out this thread from players that "ALMOST HAD THAT FIGHT."

Using all your dodges when you only need to dodge once, _blocking unblockables,_ ignoring the value of terrain, and focusing on nothing but closing the gap regardless of how much health you lose or how many defenses you burn are mistakes far too many people are making. The issue isn't that Soulbeast is OP, it's that everyone thinks _they're_ OP enough to _not_ use their brains and hope for good results. There's so much power creep in this game everyone is playing something faceroll and hates that Soulbeast is good at reminding them how carried they are by their build.

This thread is fun though. I love watching people try to bring reason to their frustration instead of accepting that either they made mistakes or need to improve.

And for the record, what I hate most about this game is that far too often you can lose to mechanics instead of skill. Soulbeast is a great example of this because it supports laziness and kills players who rely on the game to carry their lack of understanding.

> > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > > I have to assume 99% of the people here are mad because they got 100 - 0'd by a memebeast either while they were separated from their zerg or while they were running back to it.

> > >

> > > Listen, guys. _Pretty_ much everything has 1 shot potential now-a-days. The difference with Soulbeast is that it attacks you in plain sight with channeled attacks, often with Quickness, meaning you can dodge once and dodge 90% of it. Yes, it hits like an Irish daddy fresh home from the bar, but there are things far more dangerous than a .50 caliber longbow.

> > >

> > > Here are some tips:

> > > 1. Dodge

> > > 2. Dodge

> > > 3. Also, dodge

> > > 4. Don't wear paper armor (0 toughness or defenses) if you're going to complain when you get 1 shot. TLDR: Gitgud.bat

> > > 5. When you see them apply multiple buffs, it should be a pretty good indication that damage is incoming. Refer to points 1, 2 and 3.

> > > 6. Use line of sight. Arrows do not pierce solid terrain. And even if they did they probably wouldn't get through the 9 and a half inches of brick between your brain and your mouth.

> > > 7. If point 6 is not an option, be creative. Pull the fight in to a more favorable area. Ideally not next to a tower or camp they can retreat to (P.S. chasing them is bad).

> > >

> > > I agree that Soulbeast damage is absurdly high and obnoxiously easy to play. I am not at all disputing that. However, they are extremely easy to pressure 99.9% of the time with proper play. Though yes, there are some skilled Rangers out there, most are not. The skilled ones will be much more difficult but they will also be much less likely to play full glass YOLOBOW. I've been playing full glass for nearly 3 years and trust me, a good player will either kill me or send me running 75% of the time unless I play extremely well. High damage is only enough to carry you against the average player or those unaware/at a severe disadvantage.

> > >

> > > Thieves/Daredevils/Deadeyes, Mesmers/Chronomancers/Mirages, Dragonhunters/Guardians, Holosmiths, all things capable of appearing directly on top of you and 100 - 0'ing you in the same time, or potentially faster, than a Soulbeast can meme you. And meme's is all it is. It's a gimmick and not knowing how to fight it doesn't warrant a nerf.

> > >

> > > Offer some suggestions that don't declaw the spec just because you got scratched. Balancing is welcome, nerfing is not. SB is already a glorified Ranger, if you reduce it's damage too heavily it's a pretty redundant spec.

> >

> > 1. Let's be real, you're just not dodging the first one. The projectile is too fast and they're so far away that you won't see the animation and you've got other things to focus on, like the close-range fight in front of you. Soulbeast opens. You take a 7k auto attack + maybe sigil of air proc + possibly OWP proc. Alternatively, you take 3 hits of quickness rapid fire hitting for ~3k per hit (+ procs) before you can react (limits of human reaction time + lag).

> > 2. Unless you've got hella HP, you're within 1 autoattack of death. No room for error now.

> > 3. But you have good reflexees! You dodge the next autoattack or the rest of the quickness rapid fire.

> > 4. Mid-dodge, you have a decision to make. You need to either close ~1800 range of distance and engage the soulbeast OR cover 300-500+ range away from the soulbeast and escape. Also, they're going to autoattack or rapid fire you in a few milliseconds, so decide fast.

> > 5. oh, also you need to be careful with stealth because if they start a rapid fire or autoattack before you stealth, it'll still hit you and you die

> > 6. oh, also you can't block

> > 7. oh, also you can't rely on non-evading movement skills because the projectiles will follow you from 1800 range and still hit you even if you move out of it

> >

> > The difference between soulbeast and other glassy 1-shot builds is that you have to cover SO MUCH distance before you can engage them. With a glass revenant or glass warrior or glass holo or whatever, you can dodge the burst, then turn and counterattack. This would not be as much of a problem if it sb had a hard 1200 range instead of 1800-2200. It'd still be a problem because autoattacking for half a player's health is nuts, but it'd be less bad.

>

> So the problem is that you're getting +1'd? Soulbeast is good at that, yes. But so is literally anything else if you're already being pressured.

>

Not necessarily. You might not be engaged with any particular player (eg. in a 10v10), but have your attention split between multiple opponents.

>

> Using all your dodges when you only need to dodge once, _blocking unblockables,_ ignoring the value of terrain, and focusing on nothing but closing the gap regardless of how much health you lose or how many defenses you burn are mistakes far too many people are making. The issue isn't that Soulbeast is OP, it's that everyone thinks _they're_ OP enough to _not_ use their brains and hope for good results. There's so much power creep in this game everyone is playing something faceroll and hates that Soulbeast is good at reminding them how carried they are by their build.

Uh.. what? You need to dodge once per autoattack, and twice for a full rapid fire (once if you've already taken half of it). Terrain is situational. Obviously, you can LoS if there are obstacles or hills available, but that's not often possible in WvW.

>

> This thread is fun though. I love watching people try to bring reason to their frustration instead of accepting that either they made mistakes or need to improve.

>

> And for the record, what I hate most about this game is that far too often you can lose to mechanics instead of skill. Soulbeast is a great example of this because it supports laziness and kills players who rely on the game to carry their lack of understanding.

... Soulbeast is practically the definition of "carried by mechanics instead of skill".

> > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > I have to assume 99% of the people here are mad because they got 100 - 0'd by a memebeast either while they were separated from their zerg or while they were running back to it.

> > >

> > > Listen, guys. _Pretty_ much everything has 1 shot potential now-a-days. The difference with Soulbeast is that it attacks you in plain sight with channeled attacks, often with Quickness, meaning you can dodge once and dodge 90% of it. Yes, it hits like an Irish daddy fresh home from the bar, but there are things far more dangerous than a .50 caliber longbow.

> > >

> > > Here are some tips:

> > > 1. Dodge

> > > 2. Dodge

> > > 3. Also, dodge

> > > 4. Don't wear paper armor (0 toughness or defenses) if you're going to complain when you get 1 shot. TLDR: Gitgud.bat

> > > 5. When you see them apply multiple buffs, it should be a pretty good indication that damage is incoming. Refer to points 1, 2 and 3.

> > > 6. Use line of sight. Arrows do not pierce solid terrain. And even if they did they probably wouldn't get through the 9 and a half inches of brick between your brain and your mouth.

> > > 7. If point 6 is not an option, be creative. Pull the fight in to a more favorable area. Ideally not next to a tower or camp they can retreat to (P.S. chasing them is bad).

> > >

> > > I agree that Soulbeast damage is absurdly high and obnoxiously easy to play. I am not at all disputing that. However, they are extremely easy to pressure 99.9% of the time with proper play. Though yes, there are some skilled Rangers out there, most are not. The skilled ones will be much more difficult but they will also be much less likely to play full glass YOLOBOW. I've been playing full glass for nearly 3 years and trust me, a good player will either kill me or send me running 75% of the time unless I play extremely well. High damage is only enough to carry you against the average player or those unaware/at a severe disadvantage.

> > >

> > > Thieves/Daredevils/Deadeyes, Mesmers/Chronomancers/Mirages, Dragonhunters/Guardians, Holosmiths, all things capable of appearing directly on top of you and 100 - 0'ing you in the same time, or potentially faster, than a Soulbeast can meme you. And meme's is all it is. It's a gimmick and not knowing how to fight it doesn't warrant a nerf.

> > >

> > > Offer some suggestions that don't declaw the spec just because you got scratched. Balancing is welcome, nerfing is not. SB is already a glorified Ranger, if you reduce it's damage too heavily it's a pretty redundant spec.

> >

> > 1. Let's be real, you're just not dodging the first one. The projectile is too fast and they're so far away that you won't see the animation and you've got other things to focus on, like the close-range fight in front of you. Soulbeast opens. You take a 7k auto attack + maybe sigil of air proc + possibly OWP proc. Alternatively, you take 3 hits of quickness rapid fire hitting for ~3k per hit (+ procs) before you can react (limits of human reaction time + lag).

> > 2. Unless you've got hella HP, you're within 1 autoattack of death. No room for error now.

> > 3. But you have good reflexees! You dodge the next autoattack or the rest of the quickness rapid fire.

> > 4. Mid-dodge, you have a decision to make. You need to either close ~1800 range of distance and engage the soulbeast OR cover 300-500+ range away from the soulbeast and escape. Also, they're going to autoattack or rapid fire you in a few milliseconds, so decide fast.

> > 5. oh, also you need to be careful with stealth because if they start a rapid fire or autoattack before you stealth, it'll still hit you and you die

> > 6. oh, also you can't block

> > 7. oh, also you can't rely on non-evading movement skills because the projectiles will follow you from 1800 range and still hit you even if you move out of it

> >

> > The difference between soulbeast and other glassy 1-shot builds is that you have to cover SO MUCH distance before you can engage them. With a glass revenant or glass warrior or glass holo or whatever, you can dodge the burst, then turn and counterattack. This would not be as much of a problem if it sb had a hard 1200 range instead of 1800-2200. It'd still be a problem because autoattacking for half a player's health is nuts, but it'd be less bad.

>

> So the problem is that you're getting +1'd? Soulbeast is good at that, yes. But so is literally anything else if you're already being pressured.

>

> If you're already fighting someone and a Soulbeast adds to the fight, yes, you're probably going to get blown up. That doesn't make it broken, it makes it a good +1 just like Thief. Some things excel at fulfilling this role by relying on rapid and hard hitting attacks that ignore your defenses when you're most in need of them. This often results in the butthurtedness that can clearly be seen through out this thread from players that "ALMOST HAD THAT FIGHT."

>

> Using all your dodges when you only need to dodge once, _blocking unblockables,_ ignoring the value of terrain, and focusing on nothing but closing the gap regardless of how much health you lose or how many defenses you burn are mistakes far too many people are making. The issue isn't that Soulbeast is OP, it's that everyone thinks _they're_ OP enough to _not_ use their brains and hope for good results. There's so much power creep in this game everyone is playing something faceroll and hates that Soulbeast is good at reminding them how carried they are by their build.

>

> This thread is fun though. I love watching people try to bring reason to their frustration instead of accepting that either they made mistakes or need to improve.

>

> And for the record, what I hate most about this game is that far too often you can lose to mechanics instead of skill. Soulbeast is a great example of this because it supports laziness and kills players who rely on the game to carry their lack of understanding.

As I said many times, against a good soulbeast who opens you at 1800 range, you are forced already to "waste" 2 dodges, one stunbreak(if he times right longbow stun), and one gapcloser in the first few seconds of the fight, and this even without counter pressure the soulbeast enemy.

If you don't, you are probably already at 15% health and the fight for you is already compromised that you have to waste your heal at the beginning of the fight, just to die few seconds later.

As others said, being oneshot bursted by a rev can only amaze me, because I started recently playing it and I know how tricky and complex the class is to use to the max potential.

Literally every scrub can play soulbeast and be a champion with it in 1 hour gameplay.

For example rev unblockables is just the next TWO, and so you have to make a choice which skill to use, it's not an unblockable buff like soulbeast has which makes it so retarded especially combined with rapid fire and the stun.

Of 10 soulbeasts who killed me while roaming probably only 1 really was skilled, the others were just little scrubs carried by the profession and average players which won just because of the build and not because of skill.

> @"coro.3176" said:

> > > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > > @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > > > I have to assume 99% of the people here are mad because they got 100 - 0'd by a memebeast either while they were separated from their zerg or while they were running back to it.

> > > >

> > > > Listen, guys. _Pretty_ much everything has 1 shot potential now-a-days. The difference with Soulbeast is that it attacks you in plain sight with channeled attacks, often with Quickness, meaning you can dodge once and dodge 90% of it. Yes, it hits like an Irish daddy fresh home from the bar, but there are things far more dangerous than a .50 caliber longbow.

> > > >

> > > > Here are some tips:

> > > > 1. Dodge

> > > > 2. Dodge

> > > > 3. Also, dodge

> > > > 4. Don't wear paper armor (0 toughness or defenses) if you're going to complain when you get 1 shot. TLDR: Gitgud.bat

> > > > 5. When you see them apply multiple buffs, it should be a pretty good indication that damage is incoming. Refer to points 1, 2 and 3.

> > > > 6. Use line of sight. Arrows do not pierce solid terrain. And even if they did they probably wouldn't get through the 9 and a half inches of brick between your brain and your mouth.

> > > > 7. If point 6 is not an option, be creative. Pull the fight in to a more favorable area. Ideally not next to a tower or camp they can retreat to (P.S. chasing them is bad).

> > > >

> > > > I agree that Soulbeast damage is absurdly high and obnoxiously easy to play. I am not at all disputing that. However, they are extremely easy to pressure 99.9% of the time with proper play. Though yes, there are some skilled Rangers out there, most are not. The skilled ones will be much more difficult but they will also be much less likely to play full glass YOLOBOW. I've been playing full glass for nearly 3 years and trust me, a good player will either kill me or send me running 75% of the time unless I play extremely well. High damage is only enough to carry you against the average player or those unaware/at a severe disadvantage.

> > > >

> > > > Thieves/Daredevils/Deadeyes, Mesmers/Chronomancers/Mirages, Dragonhunters/Guardians, Holosmiths, all things capable of appearing directly on top of you and 100 - 0'ing you in the same time, or potentially faster, than a Soulbeast can meme you. And meme's is all it is. It's a gimmick and not knowing how to fight it doesn't warrant a nerf.

> > > >

> > > > Offer some suggestions that don't declaw the spec just because you got scratched. Balancing is welcome, nerfing is not. SB is already a glorified Ranger, if you reduce it's damage too heavily it's a pretty redundant spec.

> > >

> > > 1. Let's be real, you're just not dodging the first one. The projectile is too fast and they're so far away that you won't see the animation and you've got other things to focus on, like the close-range fight in front of you. Soulbeast opens. You take a 7k auto attack + maybe sigil of air proc + possibly OWP proc. Alternatively, you take 3 hits of quickness rapid fire hitting for ~3k per hit (+ procs) before you can react (limits of human reaction time + lag).

> > > 2. Unless you've got hella HP, you're within 1 autoattack of death. No room for error now.

> > > 3. But you have good reflexees! You dodge the next autoattack or the rest of the quickness rapid fire.

> > > 4. Mid-dodge, you have a decision to make. You need to either close ~1800 range of distance and engage the soulbeast OR cover 300-500+ range away from the soulbeast and escape. Also, they're going to autoattack or rapid fire you in a few milliseconds, so decide fast.

> > > 5. oh, also you need to be careful with stealth because if they start a rapid fire or autoattack before you stealth, it'll still hit you and you die

> > > 6. oh, also you can't block

> > > 7. oh, also you can't rely on non-evading movement skills because the projectiles will follow you from 1800 range and still hit you even if you move out of it

> > >

> > > The difference between soulbeast and other glassy 1-shot builds is that you have to cover SO MUCH distance before you can engage them. With a glass revenant or glass warrior or glass holo or whatever, you can dodge the burst, then turn and counterattack. This would not be as much of a problem if it sb had a hard 1200 range instead of 1800-2200. It'd still be a problem because autoattacking for half a player's health is nuts, but it'd be less bad.

> >

> > So the problem is that you're getting +1'd? Soulbeast is good at that, yes. But so is literally anything else if you're already being pressured.

> >

> Not necessarily. You might not be engaged with any particular player (eg. in a 10v10), but have your attention split between multiple opponents.

> >

> > Using all your dodges when you only need to dodge once, _blocking unblockables,_ ignoring the value of terrain, and focusing on nothing but closing the gap regardless of how much health you lose or how many defenses you burn are mistakes far too many people are making. The issue isn't that Soulbeast is OP, it's that everyone thinks _they're_ OP enough to _not_ use their brains and hope for good results. There's so much power creep in this game everyone is playing something faceroll and hates that Soulbeast is good at reminding them how carried they are by their build.

>

> Uh.. what? You need to dodge once per autoattack, and twice for a full rapid fire (once if you've already taken half of it). Terrain is situational. Obviously, you can LoS if there are obstacles or hills available, but that's not often possible in WvW.

>

> >

> > This thread is fun though. I love watching people try to bring reason to their frustration instead of accepting that either they made mistakes or need to improve.

> >

> > And for the record, what I hate most about this game is that far too often you can lose to mechanics instead of skill. Soulbeast is a great example of this because it supports laziness and kills players who rely on the game to carry their lack of understanding.

>

> ... Soulbeast is practically the definition of "carried by mechanics instead of skill".

You don't need to dodge once per attack unless you're full glass with >15k health or if the SB is using every major cooldown. In which case I refer back to the point of don't play glass if you can't play it well. You will _always_ take damage in a fight unless you catch someone off guard and 100 - 0 them. Strategy is deciding which attacks you can afford to take and which you can't. Soulbeast auto attacks are only an issue if they expend multiple cooldowns gambling everything they've got. It's just like oldschool Gunflame Warrior which has already been mentioned here. If you're 1v1 you want to go full defensive while they're buffed up. Find cover and make them play on your terms. After they've had their little spaz out, you know they're down multiple cooldowns and extremely vulnerable. Just remember vulnerable doesn't mean harmless, take care when going offensive.

And yes about the last part, maybe I was unclear. I'm saying Soulbeast is carried by it's mechanics but it farms other people who do the same. It's stupid killing stupid but Soulbeast has the advantage of forcing ground because you can't stand in the open and hope to live.

What it comes down to is that Soulbeast is a strong +1 because it denies defenses. But because it's so effective at this, it also happens to be good at killing people who rely on those defenses rather than their ability to play well. A great example of this is Traphunter's who meme everyone with JI and traps all the while hiding behind their high block uptime. Most of those players are crap and as soon as something pierces their blocks they panic because they don't actually know how to do anything else.

Let me just ask you one question: Do you think that soulbeast longbow damages at 1500+ range is ok?

Arguing that 5k+ autoattacks at 1500+ are ok (and l2p issue) is pretty sad...

If you think that this is ok, then e.g. pre-nerf gunflame warrior or pre-nerf DH were ok for you too, then.

Soulbeast range + damage capabilities at the moment are overpowered in WvW. Use common sense.

> @"bigo.9037" said:

> > @"Shadowcat.2680" said:

> > > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > > @"Shadowcat.2680" said:

> > > > > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > @"Shadowcat.2680" said:

> > > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > The real problem with soulbeasts is actually how they can achieve decent single target dmg while having really high sustain because of boons like regen and protection.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > but that probably wont be adressed for a while cus everyone is still using the zerk 1shot, one trick pony builds :)

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > The problem with soulbeast is low risk high reward and noob friendly usage.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > You don't get punished at all for running full glass, in the same why of full glass ele for example.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Soulbeast right now is basically a warrior with 1500 range (yeah 1800+ many times), with stealth, evades, block, high mobility, high regen and sustain due to boonspam (perma regen and perma prot mainly), nasty soft and hard CC skills, crazy high damage and incredibility easy to pull off from safe range.

> > > > > > > > > > > > People say, don't make a range kite you and go melee!

> > > > > > > > > > > > If we talk about melee their damage is probably higher than ranged one and they can still pressure you at melee combat.

> > > > > > > > > > > > Or if they run sword/dagger they can evade a lot.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > It's just the new cheesy spec of roaming that even noobs can abuse.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > ranger is only noobfriendly in terms of range. to pull anything else meaningful off like the survivability you need coordinate your skills a lot more. I have mained ranger since I started. every time I see a 1 hit ranger or a ranger tries to kill me with his duel build I destroy them. they play really bad and get rekt by most other specs when I see them cus they suck.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > but you ARE correct that GOOD rangers are OP because they can utilize everything the class has to offer. if you pull off the rotations correctly and your opponent makes mistakes it's extremely effective at punishing them for those mistakes.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" I think you've been rather unlucky with the soulbeasts you're facing tbh. most of the ones I see are complete trash who not good for anything but 1upping a fight that was already started.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > edit fixing typos cus I'm writing this on my phone

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I killed plenty of soulbeasts, but what I hate the most is the noob friendly and low risk aspect of the profession.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > It is true a good soulbeast can utilise the class at his max and punish you for your mistakes a lot, but this is true with any profession you play, if you are on your main.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > But in many cases the profession does 90% of the job for you.

> > > > > > > > > > Druid for example is the top number 1 profession on what I am referring too.

> > > > > > > > > > You can afford to commit multiple and several mistakes and still win because carried by the profession and not by your personal skill.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > One day I was dueling a druid who was a bit condi oriented, probably a weird hybrid build.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I was playing core full zerk warrior, pretty simple and easy standard dueling profession.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Many people watched us dueling, I literally landed every single stun I have, the fight was so long and this guy was dodging on my autoattacks instead of dodging my stuns, I landed every single eviscerate and arcing slice, I had perma 3ah all the fight, but him having perma protection, keeping me perma poisoned, as soon he was 15% health, pop celestial avatar off cooldown, stealth, exit out of stealth always 100% health in 3-4 seconds, and he kept doing this for maybe 2-3 minutes when he finally downed me because of stupid condis working on me plus sustained damage from the stupid pet.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Every single guy who saw us dueling was shocked how badly and poorly he played and still managed to win just because of how brainless his profession is, he didn't deserve the win at all, yeah i died, he beat me, but this doesn't mean he is better than me or he has more skill than me, in this case seriously he was not even half my skill level, he switched to warrior after adfirming it was his main, and i did 10-0 on him and he started saying i turned on some weird tool because against his ranger i was so noob. But i had zero chances on that stupid druid build he was playing.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Why I told you this? Because soulbeast right now is just abused by everyone, and because of all the tools at his disposal, a worse player can beat a better one.

> > > > > > > > > > And the problem is almost nobody really runs full zerk with strength or pack runes, but a mix of marauder/zerk with dura runes can still achieve the damage to "oneshot" 100-0 plus having doubled sustain.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Instead of doing 40k rapid fire maybe you do 15-20k, the average health of every profession.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > But as you said the worse ones just runs in duo or just wait to jump you and +1 for the easy kill because they are garbage.

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Here:

> > > > > > > > > > > https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y3PV577bSxRL_lw-Wxq41_3EbtTK87IU/view

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Finally someone with video proofs of the stupid overrange of rangers.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > It's so nasty to use mobility skilla especially in wvw for over 2k range and still get hit by rangers camping longbow and simply walking.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > A warrior complaining about fairness...now I have seen it all.

> > > > > > > > > A core warrior probably with "mights make me right" and strength runes - stability on CC - double immunity etc etc etc...your entire build is 90% passive but you still talk about skill and noob aspects of rangers when your very profession is the to go for new players and instant gratification goonies ....how many mistakes can you make a warrior?...I bet you run with might on dodge food...c'mon.......

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > And yeah I have a warrior too...the ranger must be experienced to stand a chance, it's so freaking easy to kill them with all the passive sustain/blocks I have and I am still useful and wanted in any aspect of the game, I can join zergs, go pvp ..all with min effort

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I am not a main warrior, I was just using it for duels and fun so kitten and stop assuming.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Soulbeast has double immunity too, double stone signet ehm ehm, and on shorter cooldown than endure pain ehm ehm, stealth, perma protection, 1500+ bugged range able to 100-0 even targets with above 3k armor.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Pet ai bugged as hell and annoying.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Crazy high mobility and sustain regen.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > As i said it's just a warrior plus range.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You can say anything about warrior since it's not my main and it's a noob friendly spec easy to use, easy to master, BUT easy as hell to outplay and counter, something that soulbeast is not that easily.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You're trying to combine several soulbeast builds into one. You want higher protection uptime? Better run NM and WS together. You want double SoS? Need to run MM.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'll agree that the pet AI is annoying. Smokescale is the take for nearly every soulbeast (and ranger) build because it's one of the few that can stick to a moving target.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Only troll soulbeast and really experienced players run full zerk glass mode.

> > > > > > And you can punish your opponent pretty hard by doing so.

> > > > > > But the majority is just a dura runes mara soulbeast, still able to dish out crazy high damage output while having great sustain.

> > > > > > If on a scale of easyness warrior is 10/10, that soulbeast build is 9.5/10.

> > > > > > I just don't like people calling it high risk high reward sorry when it has all warrior utilies and even more at his disposal.

> > > > > > And it's proven in many videos (that you can watch in this post) longbow range is way above 1500 range and in my scenarios even ignore obstacles and still hit you.

> > > > > > You don't know how many times I got hit behind obstacles when I shouldn't have and it cost me the fight, it's just stupid how on every other class even an higher invisible terrain works as obstacle and in ranger not even a wall can block his projectiles in many cases.

> > > > > > It's just another cheesy low risk build on par of mirage spellbreaker and holo which adds into the mix.

> > > > > > It's just stupid to defense it.

> > > > > > You said of warrior and I agree on all you said.

> > > > >

> > > > > Youre right about the build stuff when it comes to soulbeast.

> > > > > You dont even need dura runes you can just run WS, BM + soulbeast, rune of the grove for protection duration and maybe add 1 or 2 trinkets with harrier or zealots stats to get crazy sustain from protection + regen uptime while maintaining offensive stats ( power, prec, fero ) the same as other classes running full zerk.

> > > >

> > > > If you did build a WS/BM soulbeast this way, running Grove runes and a couple of Harrier trinkets to try and maximize protection duration from the protection on dodge from WS, you'd only get 2 and 3/4ths seconds of protection per dodge roll. Permanent protection it is not.

> > >

> > > moa stance. moa stance. 500+ hp/s easily.

> >

> > If you push boon duration to 100%, Companion's Defense gives 4 secs of protection per dodge roll. It's not worth sacrificing runes and two trinkets for (imo) especially considering that a soulbeast running Durability runes as their only source of boon duration would be at 86% boon duration when Moa Stance is active, giving 3 and 3/4ths seconds of protection per dodge roll with Companion's Defense. Runes of the Grove add only a 1/4th of a second of protection per dodge roll over Durability with Companion's Defense.

>

> sure you can optimize for boon duration and dmg but that doesn't cover sustain like healing power does.

I'm talking solely about protection uptime. The guy you quoted originally claimed soulbeast has 100% protection uptime with a WS/BM build largely because of the minor trait in WS. Even if you build for 100% boon duration, such a build won't have permanent protection as the minor trait can only be pushed up to 4 secs per dodge.

> > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > > > @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > > > > I have to assume 99% of the people here are mad because they got 100 - 0'd by a memebeast either while they were separated from their zerg or while they were running back to it.

> > > > >

> > > > > Listen, guys. _Pretty_ much everything has 1 shot potential now-a-days. The difference with Soulbeast is that it attacks you in plain sight with channeled attacks, often with Quickness, meaning you can dodge once and dodge 90% of it. Yes, it hits like an Irish daddy fresh home from the bar, but there are things far more dangerous than a .50 caliber longbow.

> > > > >

> > > > > Here are some tips:

> > > > > 1. Dodge

> > > > > 2. Dodge

> > > > > 3. Also, dodge

> > > > > 4. Don't wear paper armor (0 toughness or defenses) if you're going to complain when you get 1 shot. TLDR: Gitgud.bat

> > > > > 5. When you see them apply multiple buffs, it should be a pretty good indication that damage is incoming. Refer to points 1, 2 and 3.

> > > > > 6. Use line of sight. Arrows do not pierce solid terrain. And even if they did they probably wouldn't get through the 9 and a half inches of brick between your brain and your mouth.

> > > > > 7. If point 6 is not an option, be creative. Pull the fight in to a more favorable area. Ideally not next to a tower or camp they can retreat to (P.S. chasing them is bad).

> > > > >

> > > > > I agree that Soulbeast damage is absurdly high and obnoxiously easy to play. I am not at all disputing that. However, they are extremely easy to pressure 99.9% of the time with proper play. Though yes, there are some skilled Rangers out there, most are not. The skilled ones will be much more difficult but they will also be much less likely to play full glass YOLOBOW. I've been playing full glass for nearly 3 years and trust me, a good player will either kill me or send me running 75% of the time unless I play extremely well. High damage is only enough to carry you against the average player or those unaware/at a severe disadvantage.

> > > > >

> > > > > Thieves/Daredevils/Deadeyes, Mesmers/Chronomancers/Mirages, Dragonhunters/Guardians, Holosmiths, all things capable of appearing directly on top of you and 100 - 0'ing you in the same time, or potentially faster, than a Soulbeast can meme you. And meme's is all it is. It's a gimmick and not knowing how to fight it doesn't warrant a nerf.

> > > > >

> > > > > Offer some suggestions that don't declaw the spec just because you got scratched. Balancing is welcome, nerfing is not. SB is already a glorified Ranger, if you reduce it's damage too heavily it's a pretty redundant spec.

> > > >

> > > > 1. Let's be real, you're just not dodging the first one. The projectile is too fast and they're so far away that you won't see the animation and you've got other things to focus on, like the close-range fight in front of you. Soulbeast opens. You take a 7k auto attack + maybe sigil of air proc + possibly OWP proc. Alternatively, you take 3 hits of quickness rapid fire hitting for ~3k per hit (+ procs) before you can react (limits of human reaction time + lag).

> > > > 2. Unless you've got hella HP, you're within 1 autoattack of death. No room for error now.

> > > > 3. But you have good reflexees! You dodge the next autoattack or the rest of the quickness rapid fire.

> > > > 4. Mid-dodge, you have a decision to make. You need to either close ~1800 range of distance and engage the soulbeast OR cover 300-500+ range away from the soulbeast and escape. Also, they're going to autoattack or rapid fire you in a few milliseconds, so decide fast.

> > > > 5. oh, also you need to be careful with stealth because if they start a rapid fire or autoattack before you stealth, it'll still hit you and you die

> > > > 6. oh, also you can't block

> > > > 7. oh, also you can't rely on non-evading movement skills because the projectiles will follow you from 1800 range and still hit you even if you move out of it

> > > >

> > > > The difference between soulbeast and other glassy 1-shot builds is that you have to cover SO MUCH distance before you can engage them. With a glass revenant or glass warrior or glass holo or whatever, you can dodge the burst, then turn and counterattack. This would not be as much of a problem if it sb had a hard 1200 range instead of 1800-2200. It'd still be a problem because autoattacking for half a player's health is nuts, but it'd be less bad.

> > >

> > > So the problem is that you're getting +1'd? Soulbeast is good at that, yes. But so is literally anything else if you're already being pressured.

> > >

> > Not necessarily. You might not be engaged with any particular player (eg. in a 10v10), but have your attention split between multiple opponents.

> > >

> > > Using all your dodges when you only need to dodge once, _blocking unblockables,_ ignoring the value of terrain, and focusing on nothing but closing the gap regardless of how much health you lose or how many defenses you burn are mistakes far too many people are making. The issue isn't that Soulbeast is OP, it's that everyone thinks _they're_ OP enough to _not_ use their brains and hope for good results. There's so much power creep in this game everyone is playing something faceroll and hates that Soulbeast is good at reminding them how carried they are by their build.

> >

> > Uh.. what? You need to dodge once per autoattack, and twice for a full rapid fire (once if you've already taken half of it). Terrain is situational. Obviously, you can LoS if there are obstacles or hills available, but that's not often possible in WvW.

> >

> > >

> > > This thread is fun though. I love watching people try to bring reason to their frustration instead of accepting that either they made mistakes or need to improve.

> > >

> > > And for the record, what I hate most about this game is that far too often you can lose to mechanics instead of skill. Soulbeast is a great example of this because it supports laziness and kills players who rely on the game to carry their lack of understanding.

> >

> > ... Soulbeast is practically the definition of "carried by mechanics instead of skill".

>

> You don't need to dodge once per attack unless you're full glass with >15k health or if the SB is using every major cooldown. In which case I refer back to the point of don't play glass if you can't play it well. You will _always_ take damage in a fight unless you catch someone off guard and 100 - 0 them. Strategy is deciding which attacks you can afford to take and which you can't.

Yeah.. yeah you really do. I play full Dire condi engi and I am still taking 5-7k autoattacks from soulbeasts. That's roughly 1/4 (more if you add the procs) of my health - too much not to dodge because I still have to cover 1800 range.

Then I have to be really careful because I used all my defenses covering that distance and don't have anything left at close range.

>

> And yes about the last part, maybe I was unclear. I'm saying Soulbeast is carried by it's mechanics but it farms other people who do the same. It's stupid killing stupid but Soulbeast has the advantage of forcing ground because you can't stand in the open and hope to live.

>

> What it comes down to is that Soulbeast is a strong +1 because it denies defenses. But because it's so effective at this, it also happens to be good at killing people who rely on those defenses rather than their ability to play well. A great example of this is Traphunter's who meme everyone with JI and traps all the while hiding behind their high block uptime. Most of those players are crap and as soon as something pierces their blocks they panic because they don't actually know how to do anything else.

No! It's because they expect their blocks to .. you know, block things. You can't tell when sb attacks are unblockable or not, so you just have to assume they always are. If you react with block and it doesn't work, you've lost the fight. This might be okay if there was some signal that the attacks were unblockable, but they come too quickly and the only way to tell is by targeting the sb and looking at their bar - not possible when you're in the middle of a 35k quickness rapid fire.

Also, reactive defense is skilled gameplay. If you react with block, that's more skilled than not reacting and letting some passive invuln take care of it. It's just as skillful as reacting with eg. signet of stone or endure pain.

> @"coro.3176" said:

> > > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > > @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > > > > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > > > > @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > > > > > I have to assume 99% of the people here are mad because they got 100 - 0'd by a memebeast either while they were separated from their zerg or while they were running back to it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Listen, guys. _Pretty_ much everything has 1 shot potential now-a-days. The difference with Soulbeast is that it attacks you in plain sight with channeled attacks, often with Quickness, meaning you can dodge once and dodge 90% of it. Yes, it hits like an Irish daddy fresh home from the bar, but there are things far more dangerous than a .50 caliber longbow.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Here are some tips:

> > > > > > 1. Dodge

> > > > > > 2. Dodge

> > > > > > 3. Also, dodge

> > > > > > 4. Don't wear paper armor (0 toughness or defenses) if you're going to complain when you get 1 shot. TLDR: Gitgud.bat

> > > > > > 5. When you see them apply multiple buffs, it should be a pretty good indication that damage is incoming. Refer to points 1, 2 and 3.

> > > > > > 6. Use line of sight. Arrows do not pierce solid terrain. And even if they did they probably wouldn't get through the 9 and a half inches of brick between your brain and your mouth.

> > > > > > 7. If point 6 is not an option, be creative. Pull the fight in to a more favorable area. Ideally not next to a tower or camp they can retreat to (P.S. chasing them is bad).

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I agree that Soulbeast damage is absurdly high and obnoxiously easy to play. I am not at all disputing that. However, they are extremely easy to pressure 99.9% of the time with proper play. Though yes, there are some skilled Rangers out there, most are not. The skilled ones will be much more difficult but they will also be much less likely to play full glass YOLOBOW. I've been playing full glass for nearly 3 years and trust me, a good player will either kill me or send me running 75% of the time unless I play extremely well. High damage is only enough to carry you against the average player or those unaware/at a severe disadvantage.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thieves/Daredevils/Deadeyes, Mesmers/Chronomancers/Mirages, Dragonhunters/Guardians, Holosmiths, all things capable of appearing directly on top of you and 100 - 0'ing you in the same time, or potentially faster, than a Soulbeast can meme you. And meme's is all it is. It's a gimmick and not knowing how to fight it doesn't warrant a nerf.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Offer some suggestions that don't declaw the spec just because you got scratched. Balancing is welcome, nerfing is not. SB is already a glorified Ranger, if you reduce it's damage too heavily it's a pretty redundant spec.

> > > > >

> > > > > 1. Let's be real, you're just not dodging the first one. The projectile is too fast and they're so far away that you won't see the animation and you've got other things to focus on, like the close-range fight in front of you. Soulbeast opens. You take a 7k auto attack + maybe sigil of air proc + possibly OWP proc. Alternatively, you take 3 hits of quickness rapid fire hitting for ~3k per hit (+ procs) before you can react (limits of human reaction time + lag).

> > > > > 2. Unless you've got hella HP, you're within 1 autoattack of death. No room for error now.

> > > > > 3. But you have good reflexees! You dodge the next autoattack or the rest of the quickness rapid fire.

> > > > > 4. Mid-dodge, you have a decision to make. You need to either close ~1800 range of distance and engage the soulbeast OR cover 300-500+ range away from the soulbeast and escape. Also, they're going to autoattack or rapid fire you in a few milliseconds, so decide fast.

> > > > > 5. oh, also you need to be careful with stealth because if they start a rapid fire or autoattack before you stealth, it'll still hit you and you die

> > > > > 6. oh, also you can't block

> > > > > 7. oh, also you can't rely on non-evading movement skills because the projectiles will follow you from 1800 range and still hit you even if you move out of it

> > > > >

> > > > > The difference between soulbeast and other glassy 1-shot builds is that you have to cover SO MUCH distance before you can engage them. With a glass revenant or glass warrior or glass holo or whatever, you can dodge the burst, then turn and counterattack. This would not be as much of a problem if it sb had a hard 1200 range instead of 1800-2200. It'd still be a problem because autoattacking for half a player's health is nuts, but it'd be less bad.

> > > >

> > > > So the problem is that you're getting +1'd? Soulbeast is good at that, yes. But so is literally anything else if you're already being pressured.

> > > >

> > > Not necessarily. You might not be engaged with any particular player (eg. in a 10v10), but have your attention split between multiple opponents.

> > > >

> > > > Using all your dodges when you only need to dodge once, _blocking unblockables,_ ignoring the value of terrain, and focusing on nothing but closing the gap regardless of how much health you lose or how many defenses you burn are mistakes far too many people are making. The issue isn't that Soulbeast is OP, it's that everyone thinks _they're_ OP enough to _not_ use their brains and hope for good results. There's so much power creep in this game everyone is playing something faceroll and hates that Soulbeast is good at reminding them how carried they are by their build.

> > >

> > > Uh.. what? You need to dodge once per autoattack, and twice for a full rapid fire (once if you've already taken half of it). Terrain is situational. Obviously, you can LoS if there are obstacles or hills available, but that's not often possible in WvW.

> > >

> > > >

> > > > This thread is fun though. I love watching people try to bring reason to their frustration instead of accepting that either they made mistakes or need to improve.

> > > >

> > > > And for the record, what I hate most about this game is that far too often you can lose to mechanics instead of skill. Soulbeast is a great example of this because it supports laziness and kills players who rely on the game to carry their lack of understanding.

> > >

> > > ... Soulbeast is practically the definition of "carried by mechanics instead of skill".

> >

> > You don't need to dodge once per attack unless you're full glass with >15k health or if the SB is using every major cooldown. In which case I refer back to the point of don't play glass if you can't play it well. You will _always_ take damage in a fight unless you catch someone off guard and 100 - 0 them. Strategy is deciding which attacks you can afford to take and which you can't.

>

> Yeah.. yeah you really do. I play full Dire condi engi and I am still taking 5-7k autoattacks and from soulbeasts. That's roughly 1/4 (more if you add the procs) of my health - too much not to dodge because I still have to cover 1800 range.

>

> Then I have to be really careful because I used all my defenses covering that distance and don't have anything left at close range.

>

> >

> > And yes about the last part, maybe I was unclear. I'm saying Soulbeast is carried by it's mechanics but it farms other people who do the same. It's stupid killing stupid but Soulbeast has the advantage of forcing ground because you can't stand in the open and hope to live.

> >

> > What it comes down to is that Soulbeast is a strong +1 because it denies defenses. But because it's so effective at this, it also happens to be good at killing people who rely on those defenses rather than their ability to play well. A great example of this is Traphunter's who meme everyone with JI and traps all the while hiding behind their high block uptime. Most of those players are crap and as soon as something pierces their blocks they panic because they don't actually know how to do anything else.

>

> No! It's because they expect their blocks to .. you know, block things. You can't tell when sb attacks are unblockable or not, so you just have to assume they always are. If you react with block and it doesn't work, you've lost the fight. This might be okay if there was some signal that the attacks were unblockable, but they come too quickly and the only way to tell is by targeting the sb and looking at their bar - not possible when you're in the middle of a 35k quickness rapid fire.

You're playing a sub-optimal build with low/no mobility. There's your problem.

Yes you can tell when a Soulbeast's attacks are unblockable. When they merge with their pet. Regardless of whether or not you have the time to select the Ranger to see the buff on their bar, you should be able to see that their pet is gone.

I've been playing full glass Ranger for years. I prefer Ranger over Soulbeast but a lot of the time I find myself playing Soulbeast not because I like it but because it's necessary. There are _so_ many blocks and reflects in this game that without the unblockables I'm at a disadvantage. And even as full zerk + Scholar runes I rarely get higher than 20k Rapid Fires, but I also don't use "Sic 'Em!" + Signet Of The Hunt + Marksmanship + Moment Of Clarity. Which is the meme build that expends a bunch of cooldowns to achieve that kind of damage.

If I get the time tomorrow after work I'll be sure to record some videos roaming on full zerk Reaper and see how many Soulbeasts I can fight. I'm by _no means_ a great player, but much of the time, being smart is enough to win you fights.

> @"coro.3176" said:

> No! It's because they expect their blocks to .. you know, block things. You can't tell when sb attacks are unblockable or not, so you just have to assume they always are. If you react with block and it doesn't work, you've lost the fight. This might be okay if there was some signal that the attacks were unblockable, but they come too quickly and the only way to tell is by targeting the sb and looking at their bar - not possible when you're in the middle of a 35k quickness rapid fire.

The three ways a soulbeast can be unblockable all have tells outside of the soulbeast's bar.

1) The Signet of the Hunt pops a large signet icon above the soulbeast's head.

2) Call of the Wild from warhorn puts a large wolf and moon icon over the soulbeast's head. The unblockable portion for the soulbeast also works only when it's merged.

3) Unstoppable Union grants unblockable only when a soulbeast enters beastmode which is signaled by the green energy moving into the soulbeast's body.

A soulbeast is not always unblockable and recognizing when they are will help you to use your blocks effectively.

> @"Shadowcat.2680" said:

> > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > @"Shadowcat.2680" said:

> > > > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > > > @"Shadowcat.2680" said:

> > > > > > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Shadowcat.2680" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > The real problem with soulbeasts is actually how they can achieve decent single target dmg while having really high sustain because of boons like regen and protection.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > but that probably wont be adressed for a while cus everyone is still using the zerk 1shot, one trick pony builds :)

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > The problem with soulbeast is low risk high reward and noob friendly usage.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > You don't get punished at all for running full glass, in the same why of full glass ele for example.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Soulbeast right now is basically a warrior with 1500 range (yeah 1800+ many times), with stealth, evades, block, high mobility, high regen and sustain due to boonspam (perma regen and perma prot mainly), nasty soft and hard CC skills, crazy high damage and incredibility easy to pull off from safe range.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > People say, don't make a range kite you and go melee!

> > > > > > > > > > > > > If we talk about melee their damage is probably higher than ranged one and they can still pressure you at melee combat.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Or if they run sword/dagger they can evade a lot.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > It's just the new cheesy spec of roaming that even noobs can abuse.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > ranger is only noobfriendly in terms of range. to pull anything else meaningful off like the survivability you need coordinate your skills a lot more. I have mained ranger since I started. every time I see a 1 hit ranger or a ranger tries to kill me with his duel build I destroy them. they play really bad and get rekt by most other specs when I see them cus they suck.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > but you ARE correct that GOOD rangers are OP because they can utilize everything the class has to offer. if you pull off the rotations correctly and your opponent makes mistakes it's extremely effective at punishing them for those mistakes.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" I think you've been rather unlucky with the soulbeasts you're facing tbh. most of the ones I see are complete trash who not good for anything but 1upping a fight that was already started.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > edit fixing typos cus I'm writing this on my phone

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I killed plenty of soulbeasts, but what I hate the most is the noob friendly and low risk aspect of the profession.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > It is true a good soulbeast can utilise the class at his max and punish you for your mistakes a lot, but this is true with any profession you play, if you are on your main.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > But in many cases the profession does 90% of the job for you.

> > > > > > > > > > > Druid for example is the top number 1 profession on what I am referring too.

> > > > > > > > > > > You can afford to commit multiple and several mistakes and still win because carried by the profession and not by your personal skill.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > One day I was dueling a druid who was a bit condi oriented, probably a weird hybrid build.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I was playing core full zerk warrior, pretty simple and easy standard dueling profession.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Many people watched us dueling, I literally landed every single stun I have, the fight was so long and this guy was dodging on my autoattacks instead of dodging my stuns, I landed every single eviscerate and arcing slice, I had perma 3ah all the fight, but him having perma protection, keeping me perma poisoned, as soon he was 15% health, pop celestial avatar off cooldown, stealth, exit out of stealth always 100% health in 3-4 seconds, and he kept doing this for maybe 2-3 minutes when he finally downed me because of stupid condis working on me plus sustained damage from the stupid pet.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Every single guy who saw us dueling was shocked how badly and poorly he played and still managed to win just because of how brainless his profession is, he didn't deserve the win at all, yeah i died, he beat me, but this doesn't mean he is better than me or he has more skill than me, in this case seriously he was not even half my skill level, he switched to warrior after adfirming it was his main, and i did 10-0 on him and he started saying i turned on some weird tool because against his ranger i was so noob. But i had zero chances on that stupid druid build he was playing.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Why I told you this? Because soulbeast right now is just abused by everyone, and because of all the tools at his disposal, a worse player can beat a better one.

> > > > > > > > > > > And the problem is almost nobody really runs full zerk with strength or pack runes, but a mix of marauder/zerk with dura runes can still achieve the damage to "oneshot" 100-0 plus having doubled sustain.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Instead of doing 40k rapid fire maybe you do 15-20k, the average health of every profession.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > But as you said the worse ones just runs in duo or just wait to jump you and +1 for the easy kill because they are garbage.

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > Here:

> > > > > > > > > > > > https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y3PV577bSxRL_lw-Wxq41_3EbtTK87IU/view

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Finally someone with video proofs of the stupid overrange of rangers.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > It's so nasty to use mobility skilla especially in wvw for over 2k range and still get hit by rangers camping longbow and simply walking.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > A warrior complaining about fairness...now I have seen it all.

> > > > > > > > > > A core warrior probably with "mights make me right" and strength runes - stability on CC - double immunity etc etc etc...your entire build is 90% passive but you still talk about skill and noob aspects of rangers when your very profession is the to go for new players and instant gratification goonies ....how many mistakes can you make a warrior?...I bet you run with might on dodge food...c'mon.......

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > And yeah I have a warrior too...the ranger must be experienced to stand a chance, it's so freaking easy to kill them with all the passive sustain/blocks I have and I am still useful and wanted in any aspect of the game, I can join zergs, go pvp ..all with min effort

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I am not a main warrior, I was just using it for duels and fun so kitten and stop assuming.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Soulbeast has double immunity too, double stone signet ehm ehm, and on shorter cooldown than endure pain ehm ehm, stealth, perma protection, 1500+ bugged range able to 100-0 even targets with above 3k armor.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Pet ai bugged as hell and annoying.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Crazy high mobility and sustain regen.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > As i said it's just a warrior plus range.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You can say anything about warrior since it's not my main and it's a noob friendly spec easy to use, easy to master, BUT easy as hell to outplay and counter, something that soulbeast is not that easily.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You're trying to combine several soulbeast builds into one. You want higher protection uptime? Better run NM and WS together. You want double SoS? Need to run MM.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I'll agree that the pet AI is annoying. Smokescale is the take for nearly every soulbeast (and ranger) build because it's one of the few that can stick to a moving target.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Only troll soulbeast and really experienced players run full zerk glass mode.

> > > > > > > And you can punish your opponent pretty hard by doing so.

> > > > > > > But the majority is just a dura runes mara soulbeast, still able to dish out crazy high damage output while having great sustain.

> > > > > > > If on a scale of easyness warrior is 10/10, that soulbeast build is 9.5/10.

> > > > > > > I just don't like people calling it high risk high reward sorry when it has all warrior utilies and even more at his disposal.

> > > > > > > And it's proven in many videos (that you can watch in this post) longbow range is way above 1500 range and in my scenarios even ignore obstacles and still hit you.

> > > > > > > You don't know how many times I got hit behind obstacles when I shouldn't have and it cost me the fight, it's just stupid how on every other class even an higher invisible terrain works as obstacle and in ranger not even a wall can block his projectiles in many cases.

> > > > > > > It's just another cheesy low risk build on par of mirage spellbreaker and holo which adds into the mix.

> > > > > > > It's just stupid to defense it.

> > > > > > > You said of warrior and I agree on all you said.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Youre right about the build stuff when it comes to soulbeast.

> > > > > > You dont even need dura runes you can just run WS, BM + soulbeast, rune of the grove for protection duration and maybe add 1 or 2 trinkets with harrier or zealots stats to get crazy sustain from protection + regen uptime while maintaining offensive stats ( power, prec, fero ) the same as other classes running full zerk.

> > > > >

> > > > > If you did build a WS/BM soulbeast this way, running Grove runes and a couple of Harrier trinkets to try and maximize protection duration from the protection on dodge from WS, you'd only get 2 and 3/4ths seconds of protection per dodge roll. Permanent protection it is not.

> > > >

> > > > moa stance. moa stance. 500+ hp/s easily.

> > >

> > > If you push boon duration to 100%, Companion's Defense gives 4 secs of protection per dodge roll. It's not worth sacrificing runes and two trinkets for (imo) especially considering that a soulbeast running Durability runes as their only source of boon duration would be at 86% boon duration when Moa Stance is active, giving 3 and 3/4ths seconds of protection per dodge roll with Companion's Defense. Runes of the Grove add only a 1/4th of a second of protection per dodge roll over Durability with Companion's Defense.

> >

> > sure you can optimize for boon duration and dmg but that doesn't cover sustain like healing power does.

>

> I'm talking solely about protection uptime. The guy you quoted originally claimed soulbeast has 100% protection uptime with a WS/BM build largely because of the minor trait in WS. Even if you build for 100% boon duration, such a build won't have permanent protection as the minor trait can only be pushed up to 4 secs per dodge.

most people these days run double energy sigils.. with protect me utility and random rune application you can easily achieve 100% uptime especially with high boon duration