Scourge power or condi? Build tips?

Verdis.8472

I've only been doing the open world PvE but i feel incredibly powerful. I've just kept the berserker setup from my old power Reaper. I don't have condi gear made but i'd like to know if it's worth bothering with?

Right now i'm running D/T and Staff. I tried both axe and scepter but i'm finding dagger is doing so much more damage on top of giving lifeforce back. I'm having little trouble running into those forge patrols or a group of three hyrdas and surviving, maybe because of the barrier but i'm not sure. Throwing up a shade (savant) and hitting F5 followed by practically every other F key plus dagger hits just seems to be melting through everything. I've chosing Spite as my third traitline and Death Perception instead of Dhuumfire to get around 85% crit chance (my gear isn't optimised) when i'min Desert Shroud. The pulses from that seem to do incredible damage.

So is this actually viable or would condi stand to do more damage when set up correctly? Also how would this (rough) build work in other game modes? I'm about ready to drop Reaper forever, and i never thought i'd ever say those words.