Implement Rem from Re:Zero in the game

> @"NICENIKESHOE.7128" said:

> > @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> >

> > Apparently I have to clarify my statement (since someone else misinterpreted it as well). I never said a maid outfit doesn't belong in the game (nor ridiculously large greatswords, in reference to the other misinterpretation). I said an anime character does not belong in the game. Not even remotely the same thing. And since anime is linked to a specific art style, you'd have to depict said character in that same style, or else it would just be a western style interpretation of an anime character. Now, that particular style, though I do love anime and have since the 80's, does not belong or fit in GW2. If people want their character to do cosplay, then that's fine by me. But unless they make another SAB-style instance, the anime art style would look ridiculously freakish in this game (just like all the SAB toys, minis and gliders that you can use outside the SAB instance, in my opinion).

>

> kitten and here I thought GW2 has enough cat girls to convince you its quite anime-ish

Cat ears make GW2 as anime-ish as bunny ears make it Playboy-ish, namely not. A pirate outfit does not make it Pirates of the Carribean. A chef's outfit does not make it The Muppet Show, etc. I've been watching anime for about 25 years now and cat ears are at most a minimal reference. Besides, I mostly watch the darker and more mythologically inclined anime, not the happy go lucky/hyperactive/scantily clad underaged girls anime. But most of all, the entire art style of GW2 makes me not associate it with anime at all.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic