Help, laptop overheats even on lowest settings.

Check your cpu fan and maybe replace the thermal paste on it too.

My cpu fan wasn't able to keep up with gw2 on my laptop, as it's an awkward size to replace, I got a usb fan that pulls the air out the back. It's lowered CPU temperature by 15-20*C.

You can also download HWMonitor to find out if it's your gpu or cpu overheating. More likely cpu as gw2 is cpu intensive.

> @"Taygus.4571" said:

> Check your cpu fan and maybe replace the thermal paste on it too.

>

> My cpu fan wasn't able to keep up with gw2 on my laptop, as it's an awkward size to replace, I got a usb fan that pulls the air out the back. It's lowered CPU temperature by 15-20*C.

>

> You can also download HWMonitor to find out if it's your gpu or cpu overheating. More likely cpu as gw2 is cpu intensive.

this.

check your thermal paste and replace it regardless of how long you have had it.

What OS are you using what are you monitoring with and how do you know it overheats? Getting loud and pouring out heat doesn't mean it overheated. If it truly is overheating it seems like your bios have a thermal threshold but maybe it doesn't.

My laptop I play this with if I use a laptop gets nice a warm and fans kick on at 100%. it is a similar setup as yours with a AMD video card instead. In mine it is the CPU getting very warm but it is an i7 7th it can damn near turn to lava without damage.

Does it reboot or crash when that hot?