Help Understanding Mastery Points

I'm sort of stuck with Earning mastery points in the right "place" so I can get the three I need for "Canyon Jump" so I can progress the story. I've read what I can online about earning them but the ones I'm getting aren't showing up as available in the section for Canyon Jumping, it still says zero. The last one I got went to some other category. How do I know which mastery points to earn that will end up in the category for Canyon Jumping? It took me hours to get the last one and I couldn't even use it for what I needed it for, frustrating.

There are three kinds of Mastery points.

Core Tyria (Red)

Heart of Thorns (Green)

Path of Fire (Purple)

I suspect you earned a Tyria or HoT mastery point while you can only spend PoF mastery points on mounts. Every single Mastery point you find in the crystal desert (PoF) or Living story 4 will be a PoF point (the same applies to exp earned in the respective areas). They will be displayed as purple-ish on the map as well as in the achievements (and likewise for the Tyria and HoT masteries as Red and Green respectively). Essentially, if you're playing PoF content you'll be earning PoF Mastery points.

Thanks for the information, it's starting to make sense. I didn't realize there were different colored ones. So along with any Mastery Points I can get from the Crystal Desert zone, the following zones count too?

Open world zones

Domain of Istan on the Isle of Istan, southwestern Elona.

Sandswept Isles in Dajkah, western Elona.

Domain of Kourna in Kourna, southeastern Elona.

> @"Deepsix.7495" said:

> Thanks for the information, it's starting to make sense. I didn't realize there were different colored ones. So along with any Mastery Points I can get from the Crystal Desert zone, the following zones count too?

>

> Open world zones

> Domain of Istan on the Isle of Istan, southwestern Elona.

> Sandswept Isles in Dajkah, western Elona.

> Domain of Kourna in Kourna, southeastern Elona.

Correct. And, just to be clear, the other "open world zones" that count are Crystal Oasis, Elon Riverlands, Desert Highlands, Desolation, and Domain of Vabbi. You also earn Mastery points for certain achievements, including some tied to completing Personal Story steps. Here's a list of all obtainable Mastery Points in the game (linked directly to the ones for PoF): https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery_point_unlocks#Path_of_Fire_mastery_points