DuoQ and No more PvP ladder Titles from S13

Nuvola.9460

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > @"Nova.3817" said:

> > please delete the leaderboard entirely and reenable team que i'll take that trade anyday

>

> You mean unranked?

>

>

No the issue with unranked is as follows...

1. No rewards for winning. This is done in ranked via pips now i know what your thinking i thought this was about playing with friends not rewards. It is the reason rewards are important is bc without it there is no incentive to actually win thus the games are a cluster and not fun..

Edit - i originally posted leaderboards as a incentive for people to play for wins and not just troll about but i just cant see people trying for the sake of only leaderboards

If you add either of the above ( pips/ rewards) and only for winning not losing then unranked would be fine

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> Some perspective though. If you need a title to be recognized as a good or notable player I think you're going about it wrong, especially when those same titles can be achieved by gaming the system. Not trying to argue for their removal but I think there are less exploitable ways to be feared/renowned in the pvp community.

Dude, even the manipulators are good players.

You can't manipulate 100% matches. Whats the chance of get a match against your "dual acc" or a match with "match sellers" (these match sellers has to be in a close rating to get matched against the "match buyer"). I believe so you must be at least a top 20 player to be a "manipulator".

So yes, titles are the best method to get recongition at the sPvP atm (because badge system is screwed).

@edit

Reinforcing the understanding, the low rated players will never be matched against the best players, so how would they know who are the best players without some kind of "symbol"? In a open pvp game everybody would play against everyone, but in a MMR based game its not possible. This is why "symbols" as badges and titles are important to show your "elo".

> @"breno.5423" said:

> > @"Lucentfir.7430" said:

> > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > Jesus, look what you guys are talking about.

> > > You guys prefer the end of the competitiveness of sPvP instead getting these guys banned (or any similar solution), lol.

> > >

> > > PvP isn't a place for casuality, PvP is a competition.

> > > If you take out the competitiveness its gonna die.

> > >

> > > The titles are an incentive to the competitiveness, at least for me.

> > >

> > > I'm actually Ruthless Legend, and seeking for relentless (got close). My guild mate (Zenyus) got Immortal Legend this season and this felt really significant to him.

> >

> > It's not like Anet is going to listen to the community now, after the first few big scandals it's clear they made their decision a while ago. They're not going to ban them, just slap them on the wrist and shrug. The titles getting removed are pretty much the cost of what happens when you let exploiters/system gamers get away with everything, but hey duo is back. Without titles we're going back to old Gw2 ranked (When we had website leaderboards), but a much better version of it. I'm going to guess now the real competitive part of the mode will be in ATs(Once on-demand versions of it roll in). Maybe ATs won't be complete landslides once more people are able to participate.

>

> So you are telling me that duoq and old system are the solution?

> Can't understand your point. The old system was much worse. The current system is the best so far.

>

> Duoq is going to allow a bigger manipulation scenario actually.

The point I'm trying to get across is telling you that Anet already made their decision, of not wanting to ban offending player, and that decision now results in the titles getting removed now, because exploity bois can't stop exploiting the system. This is why we can't have nice things, and banning them is off of the table of solutions. With titles gone it'll basically be the old system in spirit as in people wanting to be genuinely on the leaderboards , rather than being driven to get a title. As far as manipulation goes, what's the point of manipulation when there's no special incentive to do it? The only people I can really see trying to manipulate now are just trolls trying to grief with nothing better to do. Solution wise I think the way this is going to play out is ranked will be a recruiting grounds for actual organized teams when on-demand ATs roll in, and that's where the actual competative scene will be.

> @"Lucentfir.7430" said:

> > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > @"Lucentfir.7430" said:

> > > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > Jesus, look what you guys are talking about.

> > > > You guys prefer the end of the competitiveness of sPvP instead getting these guys banned (or any similar solution), lol.

> > > >

> > > > PvP isn't a place for casuality, PvP is a competition.

> > > > If you take out the competitiveness its gonna die.

> > > >

> > > > The titles are an incentive to the competitiveness, at least for me.

> > > >

> > > > I'm actually Ruthless Legend, and seeking for relentless (got close). My guild mate (Zenyus) got Immortal Legend this season and this felt really significant to him.

> > >

> > > It's not like Anet is going to listen to the community now, after the first few big scandals it's clear they made their decision a while ago. They're not going to ban them, just slap them on the wrist and shrug. The titles getting removed are pretty much the cost of what happens when you let exploiters/system gamers get away with everything, but hey duo is back. Without titles we're going back to old Gw2 ranked (When we had website leaderboards), but a much better version of it. I'm going to guess now the real competitive part of the mode will be in ATs(Once on-demand versions of it roll in). Maybe ATs won't be complete landslides once more people are able to participate.

> >

> > So you are telling me that duoq and old system are the solution?

> > Can't understand your point. The old system was much worse. The current system is the best so far.

> >

> > Duoq is going to allow a bigger manipulation scenario actually.

>

> The point I'm trying to get across is telling you that Anet already made their decision, of not wanting to ban offending player, and that decision now results in the titles getting removed now, because exploity bois can't stop exploiting the system. This is why we can't have nice things, and banning them is off of the table of solutions. With titles gone it'll basically be the old system in spirit as in people wanting to be genuinely on the leaderboards , rather than being driven to get a title. As far as manipulation goes, what's the point of manipulation when there's no special incentive to do it? The only people I can really see trying to manipulate now are just trolls trying to grief with nothing better to do. Solution wise I think the way this is going to play out is ranked will be a recruiting grounds for actual organized teams when on-demand ATs roll in, and that's where the actual competative scene will be.

Leaderboards leads to manipulation in the same way.

Nothing would change anyway, and removing competitiveness is not a solution.

Edit - PvP >> NEED << incentives to motivate players in trying to reach the best places. Imagine moba's without elo system. Imagine deleting elo system because of elo job... Just doesnt make sense.

> @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > @"Lucentfir.7430" said:

> > > > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > > Jesus, look what you guys are talking about.

> > > > > You guys prefer the end of the competitiveness of sPvP instead getting these guys banned (or any similar solution), lol.

> > > > >

> > > > > PvP isn't a place for casuality, PvP is a competition.

> > > > > If you take out the competitiveness its gonna die.

> > > > >

> > > > > The titles are an incentive to the competitiveness, at least for me.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm actually Ruthless Legend, and seeking for relentless (got close). My guild mate (Zenyus) got Immortal Legend this season and this felt really significant to him.

> > > >

> > > > It's not like Anet is going to listen to the community now, after the first few big scandals it's clear they made their decision a while ago. They're not going to ban them, just slap them on the wrist and shrug. The titles getting removed are pretty much the cost of what happens when you let exploiters/system gamers get away with everything, but hey duo is back. Without titles we're going back to old Gw2 ranked (When we had website leaderboards), but a much better version of it. I'm going to guess now the real competitive part of the mode will be in ATs(Once on-demand versions of it roll in). Maybe ATs won't be complete landslides once more people are able to participate.

> > >

> > > So you are telling me that duoq and old system are the solution?

> > > Can't understand your point. The old system was much worse. The current system is the best so far.

> > >

> > > Duoq is going to allow a bigger manipulation scenario actually.

> >

> > The point I'm trying to get across is telling you that Anet already made their decision, of not wanting to ban offending player, and that decision now results in the titles getting removed now, because exploity bois can't stop exploiting the system. This is why we can't have nice things, and banning them is off of the table of solutions. With titles gone it'll basically be the old system in spirit as in people wanting to be genuinely on the leaderboards , rather than being driven to get a title. As far as manipulation goes, what's the point of manipulation when there's no special incentive to do it? The only people I can really see trying to manipulate now are just trolls trying to grief with nothing better to do. Solution wise I think the way this is going to play out is ranked will be a recruiting grounds for actual organized teams when on-demand ATs roll in, and that's where the actual competative scene will be.

>

> Leaderboards leads to manipulation in the same way.

> Nothing would change anyway, and removing competitiveness is not a solution.

We've had a leaderboard for the longest time(Back when we still had Glory currency), no one bothered to manipulate it. Then titles were added and now there's a ton of reasons to exploit and manipulate, it's bred a ton of awful practices to secure incentives. I don't think competitiveness is going to be removed , rather it's going to be shifted to a actual competative scene aka M/ATs.

-Edit- To your edit- Rating is basically your ELO, and you're already getting a badge to show where you place, and none of that is getting removed so i fail to see how your comparision works? The incentive should be driven by the individual to get to the best place they want to be, not because of a reward.

> > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > > @"Lucentfir.7430" said:

> > > > > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > > > Jesus, look what you guys are talking about.

> > > > > > You guys prefer the end of the competitiveness of sPvP instead getting these guys banned (or any similar solution), lol.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > PvP isn't a place for casuality, PvP is a competition.

> > > > > > If you take out the competitiveness its gonna die.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The titles are an incentive to the competitiveness, at least for me.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm actually Ruthless Legend, and seeking for relentless (got close). My guild mate (Zenyus) got Immortal Legend this season and this felt really significant to him.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's not like Anet is going to listen to the community now, after the first few big scandals it's clear they made their decision a while ago. They're not going to ban them, just slap them on the wrist and shrug. The titles getting removed are pretty much the cost of what happens when you let exploiters/system gamers get away with everything, but hey duo is back. Without titles we're going back to old Gw2 ranked (When we had website leaderboards), but a much better version of it. I'm going to guess now the real competitive part of the mode will be in ATs(Once on-demand versions of it roll in). Maybe ATs won't be complete landslides once more people are able to participate.

> > > >

> > > > So you are telling me that duoq and old system are the solution?

> > > > Can't understand your point. The old system was much worse. The current system is the best so far.

> > > >

> > > > Duoq is going to allow a bigger manipulation scenario actually.

> > >

> > > The point I'm trying to get across is telling you that Anet already made their decision, of not wanting to ban offending player, and that decision now results in the titles getting removed now, because exploity bois can't stop exploiting the system. This is why we can't have nice things, and banning them is off of the table of solutions. With titles gone it'll basically be the old system in spirit as in people wanting to be genuinely on the leaderboards , rather than being driven to get a title. As far as manipulation goes, what's the point of manipulation when there's no special incentive to do it? The only people I can really see trying to manipulate now are just trolls trying to grief with nothing better to do. Solution wise I think the way this is going to play out is ranked will be a recruiting grounds for actual organized teams when on-demand ATs roll in, and that's where the actual competative scene will be.

> >

> > Leaderboards leads to manipulation in the same way.

> > Nothing would change anyway, and removing competitiveness is not a solution.

>

> We've had a leaderboard for the longest time(Back when we still had Glory currency), no one bothered to manipulate it. Then titles were added and now there's a ton of reasons to exploit and manipulate, it's bred a ton of awful practices to secure incentives. I don't think competitiveness is going to be removed , rather it's going to be shifted to a actual competative scene aka M/ATs.

How long you play sPvP?

I play it since 2012, every day, got more than 15k matches and i guarantee that manipulation always existed, maybe even worse than currently.

> @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > > > @"Lucentfir.7430" said:

> > > > > > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > > > > Jesus, look what you guys are talking about.

> > > > > > > You guys prefer the end of the competitiveness of sPvP instead getting these guys banned (or any similar solution), lol.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > PvP isn't a place for casuality, PvP is a competition.

> > > > > > > If you take out the competitiveness its gonna die.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The titles are an incentive to the competitiveness, at least for me.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'm actually Ruthless Legend, and seeking for relentless (got close). My guild mate (Zenyus) got Immortal Legend this season and this felt really significant to him.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's not like Anet is going to listen to the community now, after the first few big scandals it's clear they made their decision a while ago. They're not going to ban them, just slap them on the wrist and shrug. The titles getting removed are pretty much the cost of what happens when you let exploiters/system gamers get away with everything, but hey duo is back. Without titles we're going back to old Gw2 ranked (When we had website leaderboards), but a much better version of it. I'm going to guess now the real competitive part of the mode will be in ATs(Once on-demand versions of it roll in). Maybe ATs won't be complete landslides once more people are able to participate.

> > > > >

> > > > > So you are telling me that duoq and old system are the solution?

> > > > > Can't understand your point. The old system was much worse. The current system is the best so far.

> > > > >

> > > > > Duoq is going to allow a bigger manipulation scenario actually.

> > > >

> > > > The point I'm trying to get across is telling you that Anet already made their decision, of not wanting to ban offending player, and that decision now results in the titles getting removed now, because exploity bois can't stop exploiting the system. This is why we can't have nice things, and banning them is off of the table of solutions. With titles gone it'll basically be the old system in spirit as in people wanting to be genuinely on the leaderboards , rather than being driven to get a title. As far as manipulation goes, what's the point of manipulation when there's no special incentive to do it? The only people I can really see trying to manipulate now are just trolls trying to grief with nothing better to do. Solution wise I think the way this is going to play out is ranked will be a recruiting grounds for actual organized teams when on-demand ATs roll in, and that's where the actual competative scene will be.

> > >

> > > Leaderboards leads to manipulation in the same way.

> > > Nothing would change anyway, and removing competitiveness is not a solution.

> >

> > We've had a leaderboard for the longest time(Back when we still had Glory currency), no one bothered to manipulate it. Then titles were added and now there's a ton of reasons to exploit and manipulate, it's bred a ton of awful practices to secure incentives. I don't think competitiveness is going to be removed , rather it's going to be shifted to a actual competative scene aka M/ATs.

>

> How long you play sPvP?

> I play it since 2012, every day, got more than 15k matches and i guarantee that manipulation always existed, maybe even worse than currently.

I've played since 2012 as well, a couple days after launch too. I've got only 11.5k games on me, but just a FYI I don't only Spvp. I faintly remember how the leaderboard distributed spots, but I do know number of games had a pretty big factor(I usually went to go check my placement). I also doubt it' was as bad as as it is now, considering the ability to alt account.

> > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > > @"Lucentfir.7430" said:

> > > > > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > > > > @"Lucentfir.7430" said:

> > > > > > > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > > > > > Jesus, look what you guys are talking about.

> > > > > > > > You guys prefer the end of the competitiveness of sPvP instead getting these guys banned (or any similar solution), lol.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > PvP isn't a place for casuality, PvP is a competition.

> > > > > > > > If you take out the competitiveness its gonna die.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > The titles are an incentive to the competitiveness, at least for me.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I'm actually Ruthless Legend, and seeking for relentless (got close). My guild mate (Zenyus) got Immortal Legend this season and this felt really significant to him.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It's not like Anet is going to listen to the community now, after the first few big scandals it's clear they made their decision a while ago. They're not going to ban them, just slap them on the wrist and shrug. The titles getting removed are pretty much the cost of what happens when you let exploiters/system gamers get away with everything, but hey duo is back. Without titles we're going back to old Gw2 ranked (When we had website leaderboards), but a much better version of it. I'm going to guess now the real competitive part of the mode will be in ATs(Once on-demand versions of it roll in). Maybe ATs won't be complete landslides once more people are able to participate.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So you are telling me that duoq and old system are the solution?

> > > > > > Can't understand your point. The old system was much worse. The current system is the best so far.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Duoq is going to allow a bigger manipulation scenario actually.

> > > > >

> > > > > The point I'm trying to get across is telling you that Anet already made their decision, of not wanting to ban offending player, and that decision now results in the titles getting removed now, because exploity bois can't stop exploiting the system. This is why we can't have nice things, and banning them is off of the table of solutions. With titles gone it'll basically be the old system in spirit as in people wanting to be genuinely on the leaderboards , rather than being driven to get a title. As far as manipulation goes, what's the point of manipulation when there's no special incentive to do it? The only people I can really see trying to manipulate now are just trolls trying to grief with nothing better to do. Solution wise I think the way this is going to play out is ranked will be a recruiting grounds for actual organized teams when on-demand ATs roll in, and that's where the actual competative scene will be.

> > > >

> > > > Leaderboards leads to manipulation in the same way.

> > > > Nothing would change anyway, and removing competitiveness is not a solution.

> > >

> > > We've had a leaderboard for the longest time(Back when we still had Glory currency), no one bothered to manipulate it. Then titles were added and now there's a ton of reasons to exploit and manipulate, it's bred a ton of awful practices to secure incentives. I don't think competitiveness is going to be removed , rather it's going to be shifted to a actual competative scene aka M/ATs.

> >

> > How long you play sPvP?

> > I play it since 2012, every day, got more than 15k matches and i guarantee that manipulation always existed, maybe even worse than currently.

>

> I've played since 2012 as well, a couple days after launch too. I've got only 11.5k games on me, but just a FYI I don't only Spvp. I faintly remember how the leaderboard distributed spots, but I do know number of games had a pretty big factor(I usually went to go check my placement). I also doubt it' was as bad as as it is now, considering the ability to alt account.

Don't you remember the old soloq leaderboards with the 10/0 guys in the 1st place?

Don't you remember the people selling elo job to friends in the pip system (logging in friend account to grind divisions)

Don't you even remember the case when abjured players logged in PvE players accounts to win the crown of monthly AT for them?

I always been a competitive player of sPvP and always wanted to stay on the top of the competitive scenario.

The actual system is the best ever released. Badges and titles are the best rewards we ever had to feel motivated. Edit - and leaderboards is working very well.

With the current system it is very easy to manipulate a game, since many players have several alt accounts with 1500+ (some with 4 accounts or more). You can handle at least 4 matches a day successfully and without much effort.

Yes, the best players have a symbol, which are they ''best of the best'' and ''God of pvp''.

MOBA has a elo and is competitive, GW2 has elo but is not competitive.

MOBA has enough people to be competitive, gw2 does not.

MOBA there is punishment, GW2 does not.

Another important point, people need the option of choosing between playing solo or duo, regardless of their elo. If you're good enough then there's no reason to complain about it.

> @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > > > @"Lucentfir.7430" said:

> > > > > > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Lucentfir.7430" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > > > > > > Jesus, look what you guys are talking about.

> > > > > > > > > You guys prefer the end of the competitiveness of sPvP instead getting these guys banned (or any similar solution), lol.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > PvP isn't a place for casuality, PvP is a competition.

> > > > > > > > > If you take out the competitiveness its gonna die.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > The titles are an incentive to the competitiveness, at least for me.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I'm actually Ruthless Legend, and seeking for relentless (got close). My guild mate (Zenyus) got Immortal Legend this season and this felt really significant to him.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It's not like Anet is going to listen to the community now, after the first few big scandals it's clear they made their decision a while ago. They're not going to ban them, just slap them on the wrist and shrug. The titles getting removed are pretty much the cost of what happens when you let exploiters/system gamers get away with everything, but hey duo is back. Without titles we're going back to old Gw2 ranked (When we had website leaderboards), but a much better version of it. I'm going to guess now the real competitive part of the mode will be in ATs(Once on-demand versions of it roll in). Maybe ATs won't be complete landslides once more people are able to participate.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So you are telling me that duoq and old system are the solution?

> > > > > > > Can't understand your point. The old system was much worse. The current system is the best so far.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Duoq is going to allow a bigger manipulation scenario actually.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The point I'm trying to get across is telling you that Anet already made their decision, of not wanting to ban offending player, and that decision now results in the titles getting removed now, because exploity bois can't stop exploiting the system. This is why we can't have nice things, and banning them is off of the table of solutions. With titles gone it'll basically be the old system in spirit as in people wanting to be genuinely on the leaderboards , rather than being driven to get a title. As far as manipulation goes, what's the point of manipulation when there's no special incentive to do it? The only people I can really see trying to manipulate now are just trolls trying to grief with nothing better to do. Solution wise I think the way this is going to play out is ranked will be a recruiting grounds for actual organized teams when on-demand ATs roll in, and that's where the actual competative scene will be.

> > > > >

> > > > > Leaderboards leads to manipulation in the same way.

> > > > > Nothing would change anyway, and removing competitiveness is not a solution.

> > > >

> > > > We've had a leaderboard for the longest time(Back when we still had Glory currency), no one bothered to manipulate it. Then titles were added and now there's a ton of reasons to exploit and manipulate, it's bred a ton of awful practices to secure incentives. I don't think competitiveness is going to be removed , rather it's going to be shifted to a actual competative scene aka M/ATs.

> > >

> > > How long you play sPvP?

> > > I play it since 2012, every day, got more than 15k matches and i guarantee that manipulation always existed, maybe even worse than currently.

> >

> > I've played since 2012 as well, a couple days after launch too. I've got only 11.5k games on me, but just a FYI I don't only Spvp. I faintly remember how the leaderboard distributed spots, but I do know number of games had a pretty big factor(I usually went to go check my placement). I also doubt it' was as bad as as it is now, considering the ability to alt account.

>

> Don't you remember the old soloq leaderboards with the 10/0 guys in the 1st place?

> Don't you remember the people selling elo job to friends in the pip system (logging in friend account to grind divisions)

> Don't you even remember the case when abjured players logged in PvE players accounts to win the crown of monthly AT for them?

>

> I always been a competitive player of sPvP and always wanted to stay on the top of the competitive scenario.

> The actual system is the best ever released. Badges and titles are the best rewards we ever had to feel motivated. Edit - and leaderboards is working very well.

I don't recall 10/0 on the old website leaderboard, though I do remember there were people with negative win rates on the leaderboard, if you mean recent times there was also Naru's 40/0 on season 5 iirc. . I faintly remember something about Elo job thing, but with the pip system i recalled the 1 amber premades more, along with the gaming the system with invisible rating decay for easier matches to progress the divisions easier(Since pips=rating at the time). I do know of that one quite clearly and that's one of the big scandals I've brought in previous posts.

I was competative until after S6. Since Anet didn't want to do a single thing about discouraging the bad/shady practices of players I just didn't really want to participate anymore because why am i going to continue trying at the top end they consistently find ways to outdo themselves with some sort of exploit? Sure enough they did. Coming from almost having nothing from the early days of gw2 even if titles are being removed, it'll still be rewarding.

> @"brunoam.7391" said:

> MOBA there is punishment, GW2 does not.

THIS is the solution, not ending with the game competitiveness... ¬¬"

> @"brunoam.7391" said:

> Another important point, people need the option of choosing between playing solo or duo, regardless of their elo. If you're good enough then there's no reason to complain about it.

Imagine the top 1 and 2 duo qing... Seems not "balanced" to me. I prefer that MMR chose my opponents.

> @"suffish.4150" said:

> > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > @"suffish.4150" said:

> > > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > > @"suffish.4150" said:

> > > > > No more titles? Ok that means I am never going to play seriously in ranked again, because what’s the point? It also means that duo q means nothing to me either because I don’t care about winning if I don’t gain anything for it. Terrible, terrible decision that I truly hope anet decides not to follow through with. Well I guess the only tryharding I will ever be doing from now on is in ATs, which most of the time I can’t be bothered doing because it’s an hour waiting around for 2 good games.

> > > > >

> > > > > If you take away any incentive to try in ranked, nobody WILL try in ranked. Is that what anet really wants ranked to be? A place where nobody cares about winning and losing because they don’t get anything extra if they win other than a few pips (which pvp players have no need for)? Extremely disappointed to hear this.

> > > > >

> > > > > Oh well, I guess I can just have fun playing rifle warr in gold 2 forever.

> > > >

> > > > Rewarded for winning a random game with people you never met before...in that case gold reward is adequate. Ranked in GW2 is the same as Random Arena in GW1 with gladiator titles

> > >

> > > If you believe that ranked right now is purely random then you are pretty delusional I have to say. Of course luck is a factor, nobody is denying that but it, over an entire season, is much less of a factor than people seem to believe. Why is it that the same players are always able to reach top 10 and legendary division? Because they are just lucky? Of course not. The leaderboard is the best way of representing skill that we have ever had. No, it isn’t perfect but it’s as close as we are going to get.

> > >

> > > As for the argument I have seen people making that bringing back duo q will make the leaderboard unbalanced- have you forgotten seasons 5, 6, 7 and 8? There was duo in those seasons and nobody was complaining about it making the leaderboard unbalanced. If you want to get god of pvp, then yes you will have to duo but come on, if you are a player who is truly good enough to get something like that, you will have no shortage of top players to queue with. If nobody good wants to duo with you Then you are not a good player and when you improve, that will definitely change. So no, duo does not make the leaderboard very much less accurate than it is right now at all.

> > >

> > > I just find it hilarious that players have been asking for new pvp content and features for so long with no success, and what does anet do when they finally act? They REMOVE one of the major reasons to try in ranked. We want MORE pvp content, not less

> > >

> >

> > We've seen stream of "GW2 pvp legends" fall flat on their face when they're placed in a total crap team...despite your claims of god like skills...**nobody can carry a total crap team**, you win because your random team happens to be less braindead then the opposition but still insist on these titles why?

> >

> > 1- People use specs that artificially increase their skill level by 600-700 pts

> > 2- The tile is not a representation of personal skill...no matter how hard you claim otherwise, I recognise names...not titles, like everybody worth its salt does

> > 3- I stopped pvp in ranked, **winning was boring and losing was absurd**, 8 times out of 10 the skill difference is immense ,immeasurable and that alone invalidate anything you could say or do

> >

> >

>

> It seems that you don’t understand what I am saying, so I will make it clear to you:

> I AM NOT SAYING THAT IT IS POSSIBLE TO WIN EVERY GAME, NO MATTER HOW GOOD YOU ARE. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE AN ELEMENT OF LUCK.

>

> I think that this is something we both agree on. However, my argument is that, although there will always be an element of luck, this does not in any way invalidate the leaderboard as a measure of skill. Let’s look at it this way:

>

> You are a good player. Because of your skill, you are able to carry 67% (2/3) of your games when you play your best. In each individual time you queue up, you have a 33% chance that the game will be a loss even if you play to the best of your ability. This seems pretty high right? Well not really when we look at what is likely to happen over a whole season. Yes, every game you queue up for will have a fair chance of being totally impossible to win, but when you look at the ENTIRE season, the chance that your win rate will deviate from the 67% too much becomes extremely small and therefore, your skill that was able to get you a good win rate and a high rating by the end of the season, whereas an average player would only end up with about a 50% win rate.

>

> I remember seeing another post that explained the situation perfectly- in each individual game you are always at the mercy of the matchmaking, however, the more games you play, the more your individual skill affects your rating, and the less the matchmaking and luck do.

>

> The fact that uncarriable games exist does not even suggest that the leaderboard is not a good measure of skill. Even the term ‘uncarriable game’ is a big misleading, because games that are uncarriable to one person playing to the best of their ability will not be uncarriable to another person playing to the best of their ability, leading to better players being able to win more games, just like they should.

>

> So I don’t understand your argument and I still can’t see any sense in removing titles. If you still disagree with me, I would like you to answer one question:

>

> Why, if rating is not a good representation of skill, do the same players almost always reach the highest spots on the leaderboard season after season and no unknown names reach the top spots at the end of the season?

You just forget that other ppl don't want to play 24/7 or just have a rl so they cannot make 1000 games each season like you, to eliminate luck, trash matchmaking and running into trolls/wintrader throwing on purpose to an acceptable lvl. Not to mention ppl don't want to play one of these brainless braincell killer noobcarry meta builds/classes like ranger for that grind fiesta. The point where skill means something is coming way to late to call the leader skillbased.

Still i am not a fan of deleting titles or any pvp prestige reward you cannot get from PvE/ WvW instead solve the real problems as there is not often enough balance patches, most of the time braindead playable and boring metabuilds due to a lack of balance between sustain and dmg, new gamemodes, in general more support for the competitive game modes, harder and faster punishment from trolls and wintraders etc. Anet just has no interest in PvP so down we go... sadly because this game has so much potential for competitive gamemodes, but Anet likes to waste potential, why else they refuse to add a supported GvG mode would bring back so many ppl to GW2?

> @"bravan.3876" said:

> Still i am not a fan of deleting titles or any pvp prestige reward you cannot get from PvE/ WvW instead solve the real problems as there is not often enough balance patches, most of the time braindead playable and boring metabuilds due to a lack of balance between sustain and dmg, new gamemodes, in general more support for the competitive game modes, harder and faster punishment from trolls and wintraders etc. Anet just has no interest in PvP so down we go... sadly because this game has so much potential for competitive gamemodes, but Anet likes to waste potential, why else they refuse to add a supported GvG mode would bring back so many ppl to GW2?

More or less. I assume the fact of putting DuoQ combined with no titles is more likely a " test " to see the impact on the active population in PvP. That being said, there is developpement considered, but taking way too long in my opinion for features that already existed in the past.

Swiss round and on demand tournaments are really needed and i hope these won't come too late.

> @"breno.5423" said:

> > @"brunoam.7391" said:

> > MOBA there is punishment, GW2 does not.

>

> THIS is the solution, not ending with the game competitiveness... ¬¬"

>

> > Another important point, people need the option of choosing between playing solo or duo, regardless of their elo. If you're good enough then there's no reason to complain about it.

>

> Imagine the top 1 and 2 duo qing... Seems not "balanced" to me. I prefer that MMR chose my opponents.

Don't need to imagine, just watch Sind's old VODs. That's how he and Misha got their "God of PvP" titles. Don't take me wrong, I like Sind as a streamer, but that shit was boring as hell to watch. They would just ROLFSTOMP match after match, maybe losing one match every 20 or so.

> @"breno.5423" said:

> > MOBA there is punishment, GW2 does not.

>

> THIS is the solution, not ending with the game competitiveness... ¬¬"

Has anyone from Anet explained why they won't permaban manipulators? Players are coming back from PvP suspension and brazenly doing the same thing all over again with 100 point spread between them and the LB's second place, just trolling because there's no real repercussions for cheating.

But yeah, let's remove future titles, that'll teach 'em.

Wth?

These titles became meaningless long ago when as has been mentioned shortly after launch the cheating and match manipulation began. its only gotten worse. Sadly Anet will never ban their favored son golden boys. These jerks do nothing but hurt them game mode for their own enjoyment at the expense of everyone else. I don't need to name names as I think we all know the people I am talking about.

Remove this garbage if youre not going to punish the bad players who have been cheating the system for years. Maybe after that and the return of 5man que, new maps, perhaps a new game mode, and PVP wont be a rolling dumpster fire clown fiesta anymore.

> @"kin korn karn.9023" said:

> > @"Devilman.1532" said:

> > ...Sadly Anet will never ban their favored son golden boys...

>

> But why? Why is Anet not banning cheaters? Why are they opting for roundabout “solutions” to the problem instead of dealing with it directly?

Well i would say more but.... lol ;)

> @"kin korn karn.9023" said:

> > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > @"brunoam.7391" said:

> > > MOBA there is punishment, GW2 does not.

> >

> > THIS is the solution, not ending with the game competitiveness... ¬¬"

> Has anyone from Anet explained why they won't permaban manipulators? Players are coming back from PvP suspension and brazenly doing the same thing all over again with 100 point spread between them and the LB's second place, just trolling because there's no real repercussions for cheating.

>

> But yeah, let's remove future titles, that'll teach 'em.

>

> Wth?

Anet could make a "dishonor" system for cheaters, which would ban them of sPvP for days, weeks and growing punishment based on recidivism.

> @"breno.5423" said:

> > @"kin korn karn.9023" said:

> > > > @"brunoam.7391" said:

> > > > MOBA there is punishment, GW2 does not.

> > >

> > > THIS is the solution, not ending with the game competitiveness... ¬¬"

> > Has anyone from Anet explained why they won't permaban manipulators? Players are coming back from PvP suspension and brazenly doing the same thing all over again with 100 point spread between them and the LB's second place, just trolling because there's no real repercussions for cheating.

> >

> > But yeah, let's remove future titles, that'll teach 'em.

> >

> > Wth?

>

> Anet could make a "dishonor" system for cheaters, which would ban them of sPvP for days, weeks and growing punishment based on recidivism.

It's wishful thinking that they'll enforce such a system.........cough......

> > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > @"kin korn karn.9023" said:

> > > > > @"brunoam.7391" said:

> > > > > MOBA there is punishment, GW2 does not.

> > > >

> > > > THIS is the solution, not ending with the game competitiveness... ¬¬"

> > > Has anyone from Anet explained why they won't permaban manipulators? Players are coming back from PvP suspension and brazenly doing the same thing all over again with 100 point spread between them and the LB's second place, just trolling because there's no real repercussions for cheating.

> > >

> > > But yeah, let's remove future titles, that'll teach 'em.

> > >

> > > Wth?

> >

> > Anet could make a "dishonor" system for cheaters, which would ban them of sPvP for days, weeks and growing punishment based on recidivism.

>

> It's wishful thinking that they'll enforce such a system.........cough......

I hope Anet bankrupts then.