[Suggestion] Mace #5 Skill To Have Ground/Directional Targeting

Reece.7341

I've been using dual maces lately, and I really don't like how the 5 skill works as far as pathing. If your up close in melee range, which is 99% of the time with maces, and the enemy moves a small bit to left or right or dodges, it really messes up this skill. Particularly when you're lining up enemies behind it because when he moves slightly, it throws your whole attack off by at least 45 degrees because of how close you are. Making this a directional skill would just feel so much smoother, something akin to Greatsword #3.

Thoughts? Anyone else annoyed by this? I know off hand mace isn't super common, but...

> @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> I think changing it to a cone AOE with ground targeting to me would make the most sense.

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Area_of_effect

The problem with that is that it will drastically change the trajectory when a mob or player changes direction quickly. Even scorched earth can have this problem.

I think something like Dragonhunter Longbow 2 (I think it's 2, been a while) gives the best control. And as pointed out earlier, the ability to lead a target or to anticipate where to place it.

Opopanax, agree entirely. The main issue besides slow travel and lead time is close range enemy moving and altering the angle of fire on this skill immensely. A simple change could fix this, and one of my major complaints with ANet is these are small fixes that could make a huge impact on weapon viability and I feel they never care enough to fix these problems.

> @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > I think changing it to a cone AOE with ground targeting to me would make the most sense.

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Area_of_effect

>

> The problem with that is that it will drastically change the trajectory when a mob or player changes direction quickly. Even scorched earth can have this problem.

>

> I think something like Dragonhunter Longbow 2 (I think it's 2, been a while) gives the best control. And as pointed out earlier, the ability to lead a target or to anticipate where to place it.

See to me I think the ground targeting (and I'm thinking ground targeting similar to warrior GS 3, except we won't go anywhere), and changing it from a projectile to a cone would be more likely to hit multiple foes.

> @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > I think changing it to a cone AOE with ground targeting to me would make the most sense.

> > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Area_of_effect

> >

> > The problem with that is that it will drastically change the trajectory when a mob or player changes direction quickly. Even scorched earth can have this problem.

> >

> > I think something like Dragonhunter Longbow 2 (I think it's 2, been a while) gives the best control. And as pointed out earlier, the ability to lead a target or to anticipate where to place it.

>

> See to me I think the ground targeting (and I'm thinking ground targeting similar to warrior GS 3, except we won't go anywhere), and changing it from a projectile to a cone would be more likely to hit multiple foes.

Yeah, I think we are saying the same thing! :D

I think I responded to you thinking of warlords post about targeting like Scorched Earth, my apologies!

> @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > I think changing it to a cone AOE with ground targeting to me would make the most sense.

> > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Area_of_effect

> > >

> > > The problem with that is that it will drastically change the trajectory when a mob or player changes direction quickly. Even scorched earth can have this problem.

> > >

> > > I think something like Dragonhunter Longbow 2 (I think it's 2, been a while) gives the best control. And as pointed out earlier, the ability to lead a target or to anticipate where to place it.

> >

> > See to me I think the ground targeting (and I'm thinking ground targeting similar to warrior GS 3, except we won't go anywhere), and changing it from a projectile to a cone would be more likely to hit multiple foes.

>

> Yeah, I think we are saying the same thing! :D

> I think I responded to you thinking of warlords post about targeting like Scorched Earth, my apologies!

>

I was thinking we were but I wasn't 100% on that, and they probably have the animation somewhat there already if it were in a cone from some ele skill.