What is your Firebrand build?

Cave Rock.4869

> @Miyafuji.1340 said:

> Well in WVW generally you cannot spam support skills. You need big good support skills, everything that needs to be spammed gets caught is the skill-lag. Like if I for example go F1 + 5 + 4 while we are sitting it takes 2 seconds to get there. If in actual combat 20vs20, it takes 5 seconds to even get the skill 5 effects and sometimes it skips the command and goes straight to 4. Like I had some semi decent support rotations that fell apart in actual combat cause the stuff just did not cast in time.

>

> Oh and I forgot to mention one more thing. The healing. None of the new healing skills scale well with healing power. The difference between 0 healing power and 1200 is like 20% healing, its absolutely not worth it.

>

> As it comes to condi, your only good condi is burn, and for that you don't go squish bursty stuff, you can go full dire, you don't need expertise as well (you get duration from radiance and runes and big duration is not good idea in WvW cause of cleansing). You need your condi to do as much damage as it can in the first 2 ticks. I was able to pull like 40-50K a tick damage on tower lord while having 21K HP 3,2K toughness but despite the tanky stats the class is not tanky at all. You will die instantly once you get caught by anything. The new elite skills stunbreak looks cool but falls flat in actual combat. on DH you can push with F3, on core guard you can easily make it with renewed focus while spamming your virtues and they get them refreshed right after, like the less of the new utility skills I used in favor of the old ones the better it got.

>

> Now the next question is what do you sacrifice. The biggest problem is that core-guard is just too good, it all synergies too well. Your virtues give you AOE clense + another stunbreak + AOE stab on F3, your Honor gives you cleansing shouts, betters cooldowns on them, heal on dodge, heal on aegis pop if you want (both of which scale well with healing power), then you have valor where you get more condi cleanse on heal ( hear the thing, you get more on your skills, aka your skills get better, exact opposite of firebrand, where you have to spam many weak skills piano style to make up for the fact that they are weak), then you have communal defense, aka aoe ally buff, altruistic healing which makes your empower heal you more than the firebrand healing skill (and again it makes your skills better, not adds tons of small skills which you will fail to spamm cause of skillag). Its eh... its just no go. As things are ATM, firebrand in no go for WvW. I had good time in the PVE campaign, but thats PVE.

>

>

Hey Miyafuji, i just wanted to ask if it was possible to record some in game footage in those large scale fight situations demonstrating the skill lag on the tomes. Also have you tried submitting a bug report, because it sounds to me like when you activate a skill and it doesn't actually work would be an unintended outcome. You could test it when your fighting and also whilst not in combat, to see if the skill lag is the same or worse. You know what i mean? Any more feed back from others would be appreciated so that Irenio could look into players concerns in regards to tome skill lag or clunky feelings still being an issue. I am also not sure if your aware but i believe there is like a 0.5 second internal cool down on the usage of tome skills. This may seem like skill lag to yourself, but was intended by developers at the moment.

Irenio said in the Firebrand specialization update notes that 'Tome activation skills reduced from 0.75s activations to 0.5s. Added a 0.5s delay before you can use 'stow tome' upon entry into a tome.'

Miyfuji i am sorry that your feeling disappointed with the Firebrand specifically and not the core Guardian, which must be frustrating for you if it is your main profession. Keep persisting and watching out for updates on the Firebrand. Plus like i said get some hard evidence with footage or calculations of these skill lag times and let the developers know more about your experience playing on the Firebrand.

Cheers for the post and testing as it was much appreciated from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Cave Rock.4869" said:

> > @Redleaf.4759 said:

> > Please allow me to ask a basic FB question here:

> >

> > During in WvW especially group fight, I normally use tome skills and rotate in between these 3 tome skills. My question is, since I am using tome mostly, does the quality of my weapon (exotic or ascended) affect the damage or healing power of the tome skills?

>

> Hey Redleaf (cool name btw), I would think that anything you wear, equip or consume will increase your tomes damage, healing or support potential. Now i am actually going to get this tested and let you know for a fact. But this just comes from my knowledge of using the build editor and remembering that my weapons stats condition damage and duration will increase the potential burns that i did on the Tome of Justice.

>

> Thanks heaps for your interesting preponderance about whether weapon stats transferred when tomes were activated, the comment was much appreciated cheers from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

>

>

Hi Cave Rock,

Thanks for your reply.

I did assume the same that quality of equipment will affect the power of those tome skills, but due the limitation of budget, I will avoid to get ascended gear if that wasnt the true.

Anyway, I think to go ahead and get ascended gear will be my best choose. :)

> @Redleaf.4759 said:

> > @"Cave Rock.4869" said:

> > > @Redleaf.4759 said:

> > > Please allow me to ask a basic FB question here:

> > >

> > > During in WvW especially group fight, I normally use tome skills and rotate in between these 3 tome skills. My question is, since I am using tome mostly, does the quality of my weapon (exotic or ascended) affect the damage or healing power of the tome skills?

> >

> > Hey Redleaf (cool name btw), I would think that anything you wear, equip or consume will increase your tomes damage, healing or support potential. Now i am actually going to get this tested and let you know for a fact. But this just comes from my knowledge of using the build editor and remembering that my weapons stats condition damage and duration will increase the potential burns that i did on the Tome of Justice.

> >

> > Thanks heaps for your interesting preponderance about whether weapon stats transferred when tomes were activated, the comment was much appreciated cheers from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> >

> >

>

> Hi Cave Rock,

>

> Thanks for your reply.

>

> I did assume the same that quality of equipment will affect the power of those tome skills, but due the limitation of budget, I will avoid to get ascended gear if that wasnt the true.

>

> Anyway, I think to go ahead and get ascended gear will be my best choose. :)

Oh hey again Redleaf, the increase from exotic to ascended gear in regards to stats is only like about 2-4% difference. So if you just like to PvE in the open world then that isn't too much of a difference to be honest. Where it does become a bit more of a problem/goal is in WvW, Raiding and Fractals.

Lets start with WvW some people like to be min-maxers like myself. I have full ascended minstrels gear on my guardian and because of that i am able to slot infusions into my weapons, armour and accessories. These infusion offer a rather minimal stat increase and damage reduction to enemy guards in WvW. So for that reason i wanted to make sure i had the maximum stats and damage prevention.

In raiding i would assume a similar situation to WvW where the raid leaders would want you to have the best gear and infusions possible for maximum damage potential.

Whilst in Fractals infusions are essential for progression, so your required to slot them into your weapons, armour and accessories because they contain agony resistance so that you can survive in the specific fractal. The higher the fractal the more agony resistance that is required.

So after my rambling ultimately yes you will want ascended to have access to infusion slots and attuned items. Eventually when you really are rolling in the doe (gold) and have plenty of time then you will want to keep maxing out your gear by getting legendary weapons, armour and accessories. But that is a real commitment and true end game progression or fashion wars ;P

Cheers from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42 thanks for the cool comment Redleaf i liked filling you in on what some people see as end game goals to max out their main characters to the fullest potential possible at the moment.

In WVW, exotic gear + top food > ascended gear with public saffron. By top food I mean the non-tradeable mussel soup or gnashblade, aka those that give you -10% damage taken from both power and condi. That alone gives you more than the whole ascended boost from exotic. Never underestimate food and utilities.

As to answer your previous question. I actually am an occasional videomaker and I was recording those days so its recorded somewhere, but the effort of cutting a processing it, meh. You see, skillag has been a problem in WVW for years and it was never fixed, so what is there new to report.

The problem is that FB is spammy class, and you cannot spam in skillag. For example, fight starts and boom, I get hit by huge condibomb. Imagine Im on a core guard. I hit F2, boom, instantly condi cleansed, bit of healing to everyone around, people around also cleansed. Imagine Im on DH and I hit F2, a little slower, but added mobility so I can chose where I land to heal and cleanse, and the heal part is much stronger. Now Imagine Im on Firebrand. I go to F2, that pulls my tome, then I have to do 5 to cleanse and then I have to do something else to heal. To heal equally as DH wings I would have to spam heals on Firbrand for few seconds... and din a cone in front of me! So most would miss anyway. Now in theory it does not look as bad as in actual combat, but add even the tiniest skillag to all your clicks and you will be wrecked, you will die to the CC and condi before you even get there. And even if you do half the party may be dead cause its all too slow. Iv told enough in the previous posts, unless its seriously changed or buffed there is no way to really make it work in WVW.

> @Miyafuji.1340 said:

> In WVW, exotic gear + top food > ascended gear with public saffron. By top food I mean the non-tradeable mussel soup or gnashblade, aka those that give you -10% damage taken from both power and condi. That alone gives you more than the whole ascended boost from exotic. Never underestimate food and utilities.

>

> As to answer your previous question. I actually am an occasional videomaker and I was recording those days so its recorded somewhere, but the effort of cutting a processing it, meh. You see, skillag has been a problem in WVW for years and it was never fixed, so what is there new to report.

>

> The problem is that FB is spammy class, and you cannot spam in skillag. For example, fight starts and boom, I get hit by huge condibomb. Imagine Im on a core guard. I hit F2, boom, instantly condi cleansed, bit of healing to everyone around, people around also cleansed. Imagine Im on DH and I hit F2, a little slower, but added mobility so I can chose where I land to heal and cleanse, and the heal part is much stronger. Now Imagine Im on Firebrand. I go to F2, that pulls my tome, then I have to do 5 to cleanse and then I have to do something else to heal. To heal equally as DH wings I would have to spam heals on Firbrand for few seconds... and din a cone in front of me! So most would miss anyway. Now in theory it does not look as bad as in actual combat, but add even the tiniest skillag to all your clicks and you will be wrecked, you will die to the CC and condi before you even get there. And even if you do half the party may be dead cause its all too slow. Iv told enough in the previous posts, unless its seriously changed or buffed there is no way to really make it work in WVW.

I gotta be honest this has not been my experience at all. I feel like core guard on steroids. This is how my experience usually goes:

I roll into the frontline with the tag with my ToC out. I open with 5 and 4, and strategically place 1's on tag to keep up stability on him and those near him, and if necessary I throw out number 3. When ToC is out of pages I swap into axe if we are close, or scepter if we've pulled back. If scepter then I drop symbol and throw out aegis from shield 4 for quickfire. If axe then I just start cleaving. If we pull back for a reset or another push I pull out ToR to drop 5 and 4, and use 2 if there is condi bombing going on. I supplement condi cleanse with the cleansing mantra (because it's instant cast and affects people around me, and I hug the tag.) If the enemy pushes I also use purging flames. I do not go into ToJ unless we have the drop on the enemy to open with a huge burst, otherwise I save it for mid push if we haven't reset.

I'm running Rad, Virt, FB, and my skills are Shelter, cleanse mantra, SYG, purging flames, and elite mantra. Mix of offensive and defensive gear. Axe/focus; scepter shield.

Forgot to mention, with that set up I can give out 11 stability, 11 aoe condi cleanses, 8 aegis, 2 projectiles absorbs, quickfire every 10 seconds, and a good deal of personal dps, plus whatever healing ToR adds up to. That's alot of support to have on top of solid dps. BTW ToC let's me still contribute to dps when specced to give quickfire with stab and aegis.

> @Garimeth.8725 said:

> Forgot to mention, with that set up I can give out 11 stability, 11 aoe condi cleanses, 8 aegis, 2 projectiles absorbs, quickfire every 10 seconds, and a good deal of personal dps, plus whatever healing ToR adds up to. That's alot of support to have on top of solid dps. BTW ToC let's me still contribute to dps when specced to give quickfire with stab and aegis.

What runes/armor stats/etc.

> @accelerated.3581 said:

> > @Garimeth.8725 said:

> > Forgot to mention, with that set up I can give out 11 stability, 11 aoe condi cleanses, 8 aegis, 2 projectiles absorbs, quickfire every 10 seconds, and a good deal of personal dps, plus whatever healing ToR adds up to. That's alot of support to have on top of solid dps. BTW ToC let's me still contribute to dps when specced to give quickfire with stab and aegis.

>

> What runes/armor stats/etc.

I use the same gear as in pve right now with some minor changes so its not really optimized, but here is what I have on:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAnd7ensABNCjtCBODBkCjF/Bb/iuRDpZJhKUGyKAUBqTA-jljAQBVTlAHqGwnUVRMKFgkSQBpdIBHEAA8EAQjSorpsJR6Ag2JA4UqQAj9HCAgAMzAgje0je0je0uuRP6RP6RP6RP6RPapA2ZnG-w

I frequently swap out PF for WoR and SYG for retreat. Not having RF took some getting used to as well. For the gear I'm sure it could be better optimized, and a little over half my gear is exotics not ascended.

I will add, cause it occurred to me after I posted, I am not in a t1 server running in full squads against full squads all the time so that could also be a factor between our different experience.

Your build is very similar to mine, except you don't even run any energy sigils so you have only 2 dodges. TBH playing like you described ended up for me by getting instantkilled by 20+ necros nuking the spot, warriors pushing in with winds of disenchantment, and with your lack of dodging on your build (none of the firebrand skills are strong enough to counter what I mentioned), I cant imagine you surviving the enemy pushes providing they are strong enough.

That is the issue of firebrand, the lack of sustain when the entire enemy blob bombs you. Its support skills are ok in keeping alive someone that gets tickled, not blob bombed.

Edit: I just noticed your build is also lacking on armor and hp, so it would probably go down even against non-condi bombs. Dunno really....

> @Miyafuji.1340 said:

> Your build is very similar to mine, except you don't even run any energy sigils so you have only 2 dodges. TBH playing like you described ended up for me by getting instantkilled by 20+ necros nuking the spot, warriors pushing in with winds of disenchantment, and with your lack of dodging on your build (none of the firebrand skills are strong enough to counter what I mentioned), I cant imagine you surviving the enemy pushes providing they are strong enough.

>

> That is the issue of firebrand, the lack of sustain when the entire enemy blob bombs you. Its support skills are ok in keeping alive someone that gets tickled, not blob bombed.

>

> Edit: I just noticed your build is also lacking on armor and hp, so it would probably go down even against non-condi bombs. Dunno really....

I took it out into reset last night when there were larger numbers of people playing and I wasn't as successful as I had been when I made my previous post. I am used to playing frontline core guard and having full soldiers, and I haven't finished getting my dire set for this build and that hurt me last night. I didn't have an experience as bad as what you are describing, but it's definitely a lot less forgiving of me getting out of position than core or DH, and not having DH f2 makes it much harder to get back INTO position.

That said other than my gear (not having my dire/trailblazer's gear yet) and not having f2 from DH, I can honestly say there weren't any times that I died that I wouldn't have died on one of my other two builds. The blob condi bombs you're talking about, I died to those, but there's nothing in the other toolkits that could have saved me the times I died either.

IME the supports are better for repositioning your own zerg, I.e. you've pushed, they've pushed, both sides are still up there is some distance between you all and the tag is gathering his group. Use ToR then. The only other time its good to do is like big open field battle in a boss room where its a free for all. ToC is only useful on the initial push in for the 5 and 4, and popping 1 for quickfire procs (if traited) or keeping up stab on everyone around you. The rest of the time I just play like normal unless I see a good opportunity to burst bomb with ToJ.

> @Garimeth.8725 said:

> Forgot to mention, with that set up I can give out 11 stability, 11 aoe condi cleanses, 8 aegis, 2 projectiles absorbs, quickfire every 10 seconds, and a good deal of personal dps, plus whatever healing ToR adds up to. That's alot of support to have on top of solid dps. BTW ToC let's me still contribute to dps when specced to give quickfire with stab and aegis.

Hey again Garimeth and Miyafuju! After a long deliberation on Garimeth's build i kinda of have to agree with Miyafuji on this one. Garimeth your build is attempting to be both condition damage and condition duration based whlist still attempting to be supportive and durable at the same time. That is a lot to focus upon and be good at all the time. Now the issue lies in the fact your build wants to support also, it does the support with boons and damage prevention which i get and like a lot because that is kinda of the way i like to build my Guardian/Firebrand also. But the issue is with the fact it has no healing power. So if you do get damaged in any way from power or condition you going to find it hard to get back to full health quickly, overtime it is possible with ToR but not in the middle of a fight.

But having said they you would survive quiet well in a roaming or small scale fighting situation and on top of that you could do some nasty burns. So i kinda have to go with you on the small scale fight and Miyafuji on the WvW blob fight situations. So if you can manage to avoid those kinda of zerg fights then i think you have a reasonably solid build.

My best advice though would be to spend more focus on one way of fight and don't attempt to be a jack of all trades and a master of none. Master one area of focus and you will do really well. By the look of it, expand upon your burning ideas for now and then when you get that additional gear you spoke... may be branch out at that stage only.

Cheers for the ideas from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

Hey all, I thought it might be time to share a build that i used to run, before Path of Fire launched, but still might be fun or viable to run. First of all i will put out this BIG clause and that is that it does practically no damage. You might be like what why run it then, well there are many reasons to run this as a team support build. It has amazing boon generation for a small group or zerg. I has perma swiftness to offer and group stability when necessary. Plus the main reason to run it is the ability to shift condition into boons. Yes it could be run with Rune of the Soldier or Rune of Durability, but i prefer the increased boon duration of the Rune of Leadership. Yes it could be run with the Superior Sigil of life or Superior Sigil of Bounty, both are good choices. Plus this build also offers a large amount of prevention of damage through aegis and protection for a small group. Trust me over the time i played it i pull off some amazing stomps and saved my group members numerous times. Now i just want to transfer it over to a Firebrand build and expand upon the idea if possible. Anyone able to help me out more than Hadan did in the past?

My old regular support/healing build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWl8AhWhY/OwUIwPEHLE0NAPYA57v/+jvQFKBA-jVSDQBA4BAESlgCU9HJq8TCnSB6t/AIPQAyTfD3OCBrDOAWraVbtUbt1W7art2artWDo2art2art2artWpA+alG-w

This is Hadan's idea for a support/healing build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWnsADtChFBDOCD8DhlHCDLA0AyS71z8ZAN79MfqPA-jVSDQBCU9nQqEUiK/42BIYe7PIhTpAAOQAy7BA6bW4RAIAACwP7z+8n5zf+zf+n/8n/8n/sr7zf+zf+zf+zf+zfWKA/WpB-w

I have adapted Hadan's to this but i am not sure it will work: (Any feedback would be great to have on it thanks everybody):

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWnsADtChFBDOCDkCjlFCbvfOQToXBgHwAALBUBCTA-jVSDQBc7AEswjAgAV/JK7PIRlfhUJIAOQAy7BA6bkwpUYdwBwaVrarlart2aXbt1Wbt1aA1Wbt1Wbt1Wbt1KFgfr0A-w

By the way everybody come check out my YouTube video about the nine new elite specialization if you get the time, i would really appreciate it.

Cheers all and many thanks from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42

> > @Garimeth.8725 said:

> > Forgot to mention, with that set up I can give out 11 stability, 11 aoe condi cleanses, 8 aegis, 2 projectiles absorbs, quickfire every 10 seconds, and a good deal of personal dps, plus whatever healing ToR adds up to. That's alot of support to have on top of solid dps. BTW ToC let's me still contribute to dps when specced to give quickfire with stab and aegis.

>

> Hey again Garimeth and Miyafuju! After a long deliberation on Garimeth's build i kinda of have to agree with Miyafuji on this one. Garimeth your build is attempting to be both condition damage and condition duration based whlist still attempting to be supportive and durable at the same time. That is a lot to focus upon and be good at all the time. Now the issue lies in the fact your build wants to support also, it does the support with boons and damage prevention which i get and like a lot because that is kinda of the way i like to build my Guardian/Firebrand also. But the issue is with the fact it has no healing power. So if you do get damaged in any way from power or condition you going to find it hard to get back to full health quickly, overtime it is possible with ToR but not in the middle of a fight.

>

> But having said they you would survive quiet well in a roaming or small scale fighting situation and on top of that you could do some nasty burns. So i kinda have to go with you on the small scale fight and Miyafuji on the WvW blob fight situations. So if you can manage to avoid those kinda of zerg fights then i think you have a reasonably solid build.

>

> My best advice though would be to spend more focus on one way of fight and don't attempt to be a jack of all trades and a master of none. Master one area of focus and you will do really well. By the look of it, expand upon your burning ideas for now and then when you get that additional gear you spoke... may be branch out at that stage only.

>

> Cheers for the ideas from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

>

Again, I'm not suggesting using ToR mid-fight. I only use ToR during phases where our zerg is regrouping. The rest of the time I am there for aegis/stab/condi cleanse, and dps - just like on my normal frontline build. The key to tomes is timing, not gear.

I think you all are seeing the armor i'm using since switching specs i.e. my budget thrown together condi set. It will eventually be dire/trailblazer's I just don't have the gold to buy all new gear sets for all my characters. Same with my weapon sigils and stuff - I am throwing together a wvw set based on my pve stuff because i'm broke lol.

I'm not really having any issues with this, just trying to share the strategy I have been using for tomes that has been working for me.

> @Garimeth.8725 said:

> > > @Garimeth.8725 said:

> > > Forgot to mention, with that set up I can give out 11 stability, 11 aoe condi cleanses, 8 aegis, 2 projectiles absorbs, quickfire every 10 seconds, and a good deal of personal dps, plus whatever healing ToR adds up to. That's alot of support to have on top of solid dps. BTW ToC let's me still contribute to dps when specced to give quickfire with stab and aegis.

> >

> > Hey again Garimeth and Miyafuju! After a long deliberation on Garimeth's build i kinda of have to agree with Miyafuji on this one. Garimeth your build is attempting to be both condition damage and condition duration based whlist still attempting to be supportive and durable at the same time. That is a lot to focus upon and be good at all the time. Now the issue lies in the fact your build wants to support also, it does the support with boons and damage prevention which i get and like a lot because that is kinda of the way i like to build my Guardian/Firebrand also. But the issue is with the fact it has no healing power. So if you do get damaged in any way from power or condition you going to find it hard to get back to full health quickly, overtime it is possible with ToR but not in the middle of a fight.

> >

> > But having said they you would survive quiet well in a roaming or small scale fighting situation and on top of that you could do some nasty burns. So i kinda have to go with you on the small scale fight and Miyafuji on the WvW blob fight situations. So if you can manage to avoid those kinda of zerg fights then i think you have a reasonably solid build.

> >

> > My best advice though would be to spend more focus on one way of fight and don't attempt to be a jack of all trades and a master of none. Master one area of focus and you will do really well. By the look of it, expand upon your burning ideas for now and then when you get that additional gear you spoke... may be branch out at that stage only.

> >

> > Cheers for the ideas from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> >

>

> Again, I'm not suggesting using ToR mid-fight. I only use ToR during phases where our zerg is regrouping. The rest of the time I am there for aegis/stab/condi cleanse, and dps - just like on my normal frontline build. The key to tomes is timing, not gear.

>

> I think you all are seeing the armor i'm using since switching specs i.e. my budget thrown together condi set. It will eventually be dire/trailblazer's I just don't have the gold to buy all new gear sets for all my characters. Same with my weapon sigils and stuff - I am throwing together a wvw set based on my pve stuff because i'm broke lol.

>

> I'm not really having any issues with this, just trying to share the strategy I have been using for tomes that has been working for me.

Hey Garimeth what will be your finished/completed build in regards to gear etc be. What do you want to have once you get the gold (in a build format)?

Cheers from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42, I look forward to seeing what your wish list is for the future of your Firebrands gear/build. By the way my character is alway broke also... Gold is so hard to come by in Guild Wars 2. Atleast for those who theorycraft and make builds all the time like us /ponders how to get more gold.

> Hey Garimeth what will be your finished/completed build in regards to gear etc be. What do you want to have once you get the gold (in a build format)?

>

> Cheers from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42, I look forward to seeing what your wish list is for the future of your Firebrands gear/build. By the way my character is alway broke also... Gold is so hard to come by in Guild Wars 2. Atleast for those who theorycraft and make builds all the time like us /ponders how to get more gold.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAnd7ensABNCjtCBODBkCjF/BzKAUBqT7X0NaINLJUhyQA-jFjAQBCS7AaUm5Q1BAwDA4Uq8kIdAJ4gAAj9Hg2JAQMKN6wRAASKBDAgAMzAgje0je0je0uuRP6RP6RP6RP6RPapAISnG-w

That's pretty close to what I'm looking at. I'm debating if I want to invest in healing power any more than from my celestial jewelry, because I do find ToR incredibly useful during sieging and zerg regroups. Most likely I will not, I find ToC and ToJ to be useful more frequently. I have considered investing in some concentration gear, and if I swap axe for staff then I may do that.

If I were going for a more supportive build I would run this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAW7en8ABNCjtCBODBkCjFLCb/c2OnnYBgDwDILDUeSPA-jVyCQBFUdAKcEAAwBBIPaG8kKPHSJ4J2fILKN+iysAAIAO6RP6RP6R76G9oH9oH9oH9oH9olCgIdaA-w

I didn't adjust armor because I haven't given it alot of thought - I just don't have the money or time to have three different sets of gear for 3 different toons, lol. It probably bears mentioning that PF gets frequently swapped out for WoR, and SYG for Retreat. When I am alone I run Shelter, with the zerg I often run RTL. I sometimes use Spirit Shield, but usually I will just use ToC. I like to drop TOC 3 down on our downed players to protect our revivers. Actually that build looks fun and I will probably try it this week.

Hey all so I have been running my support build on my Firebrand over the last few days with some success and a fair few failures. Now it might be the fact that I am running Guilds Wars 2 on a 9 year old cruddy laptop, or otherwise it could also be operator error lol. I still feel that the mantras need to be increased in range and radius. At times the boon generation can be so useful for a group/squad. But at other times it can be incredibly detrimental, especially against Scourges and sometimes Spellbreakers.

What do other Firebrands do to avoid their boons from being corrupted by Scourges or removed by Spellbreakers. Any tips or recommendations would be much appreciated, Cheers from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

Just wanted to drop off some research notes to store somewhere.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJASWnsADNCjFBD2CBEEhlHCDLAUBySZvn5TGYfemPDoA-jxxGQB56SAQQlfk7IA6Con6Pmb/BA8AAmoSwAAIA/8n5zfG4n/8n/8n/sr7zf+zf+zf+zf+zfWKAAXpB-e

A very crude and unrefined theoretic attempt at making a PvE focused support firebrand to offer a somewhat viable alternative to a regular squad composition.

General roles: boss tanking (where necessary), healing, quickness, regen and protection uptime, moderate might uptime, moderate condi cleanse.

Staff for healing and might stacking. Hammer for might stacking (fire blasting) and bonus protection uptime. Mace/Shield seemed unnecessary due to protection and regen being already covered, as well as not providing any healing (since "Pure of Heart" i not present in the build).

Some quick golem solo test results in an intended enviroment (no alacrity) with slightly inferior boon duration (~85%):

Build manages permanent quickness uptime, permanent regeneration uptime, highly possible permanent protection (Needs a tiny bit more micromanaging), ~20-23 might stacks uptime with hammer fire field blasts. Having alacrity allows to upkeep all 25 might stacks, but it's not intended to be present in FB's subgroup.

The build should (and kinda must) pull off the healing role in a raid squad subgroup, but I do not have a squad to test the healing values and general effectiveness in the field.

Possible alternations to the build:

Solid quickness uptime may allow to swap healing mantra for "Recieve The Light!" in order to achieve better group healing. Not tested, so not sure how exactly that may reflect on said quickness.

Can trait back "Pure of Heart" Instead of "Honorable Staff", and take back mace/shield instead of hammer for higher healing potential, but possibly at a huge cost to might uptime, as well as rather minor general boon uptime. Not tested as well.

Could attempt to fiddle with stats and swap minstrel's gear for harrier's (at a rather high cost of raw healing power with nigh useless power damage stat) (maybe a harrier's/magi mix), to try and free some space for monk runes, rice balls and "Pure of Heart". Again, no tests and no idea what results it may yield in terms of healing values. A quick look into the build editor suggets it's a rather bad idea.

Possible squad composition:

Sub 1: Chrono, PS warrior (both banners), Druid (GotL), 2 DPS;

Sub 2: FB, DPS-ranger (spirit upkeep), 3 DPS

> @Grimheart.2853 said:

> Just wanted to drop off some research notes to store somewhere.

>

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJASWnsADNCjFBD2CBEEhlHCDLAUBySZvn5TGYfemPDoA-jxxGQB56SAQQlfk7IA6Con6Pmb/BA8AAmoSwAAIA/8n5zfG4n/8n/8n/sr7zf+zf+zf+zf+zfWKAAXpB-e

>

> A very crude and unrefined theoretic attempt at making a PvE focused support firebrand to offer a somewhat viable alternative to a regular squad composition.

>

> General roles: boss tanking (where necessary), healing, quickness, regen and protection uptime, moderate might uptime, moderate condi cleanse.

>

> Staff for healing and might stacking. Hammer for might stacking (fire blasting) and bonus protection uptime. Mace/Shield seemed unnecessary due to protection and regen being already covered, as well as not providing any healing (since "Pure of Heart" i not present in the build).

>

> Some quick golem solo test results in an intended enviroment (no alacrity) with slightly inferior boon duration (~85%):

> Build manages permanent quickness uptime, permanent regeneration uptime, highly possible permanent protection (Needs a tiny bit more micromanaging), ~20-23 might stacks uptime with hammer fire field blasts. Having alacrity allows to upkeep all 25 might stacks, but it's not intended to be present in FB's subgroup.

>

> The build should (and kinda must) pull off the healing role in a raid squad subgroup, but I do not have a squad to test the healing values and general effectiveness in the field.

>

> Possible alternations to the build:

> Solid quickness uptime may allow to swap healing mantra for "Recieve The Light!" in order to achieve better group healing. Not tested, so not sure how exactly that may reflect on said quickness.

> Can trait back "Pure of Heart" Instead of "Honorable Staff", and take back mace/shield instead of hammer for higher healing potential, but possibly at a huge cost to might uptime, as well as rather minor general boon uptime. Not tested as well.

> Could attempt to fiddle with stats and swap minstrel's gear for harrier's (at a rather high cost of raw healing power with nigh useless power damage stat) (maybe a harrier's/magi mix), to try and free some space for monk runes, rice kitten and "Pure of Heart". Again, no tests and no idea what results it may yield in terms of healing values. A quick look into the build editor suggets it's a rather bad idea.

>

> Possible squad composition:

> Sub 1: Chrono, PS warrior (both banners), Druid (GotL), 2 DPS;

> Sub 2: FB, DPS-ranger (spirit upkeep), 3 DPS

>

>

HEY Grimheart, quick note you could add a sigil of life or bounty.

From Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> > @Grimheart.2853 said:

> > Just wanted to drop off some research notes to store somewhere.

> >

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJASWnsADNCjFBD2CBEEhlHCDLAUBySZvn5TGYfemPDoA-jxxGQB56SAQQlfk7IA6Con6Pmb/BA8AAmoSwAAIA/8n5zfG4n/8n/8n/sr7zf+zf+zf+zf+zfWKAAXpB-e

> >

> > A very crude and unrefined theoretic attempt at making a PvE focused support firebrand to offer a somewhat viable alternative to a regular squad composition.

> >

> > General roles: boss tanking (where necessary), healing, quickness, regen and protection uptime, moderate might uptime, moderate condi cleanse.

> >

> > Staff for healing and might stacking. Hammer for might stacking (fire blasting) and bonus protection uptime. Mace/Shield seemed unnecessary due to protection and regen being already covered, as well as not providing any healing (since "Pure of Heart" i not present in the build).

> >

> > Some quick golem solo test results in an intended enviroment (no alacrity) with slightly inferior boon duration (~85%):

> > Build manages permanent quickness uptime, permanent regeneration uptime, highly possible permanent protection (Needs a tiny bit more micromanaging), ~20-23 might stacks uptime with hammer fire field blasts. Having alacrity allows to upkeep all 25 might stacks, but it's not intended to be present in FB's subgroup.

> >

> > The build should (and kinda must) pull off the healing role in a raid squad subgroup, but I do not have a squad to test the healing values and general effectiveness in the field.

> >

> > Possible alternations to the build:

> > Solid quickness uptime may allow to swap healing mantra for "Recieve The Light!" in order to achieve better group healing. Not tested, so not sure how exactly that may reflect on said quickness.

> > Can trait back "Pure of Heart" Instead of "Honorable Staff", and take back mace/shield instead of hammer for higher healing potential, but possibly at a huge cost to might uptime, as well as rather minor general boon uptime. Not tested as well.

> > Could attempt to fiddle with stats and swap minstrel's gear for harrier's (at a rather high cost of raw healing power with nigh useless power damage stat) (maybe a harrier's/magi mix), to try and free some space for monk runes, rice kitten and "Pure of Heart". Again, no tests and no idea what results it may yield in terms of healing values. A quick look into the build editor suggets it's a rather bad idea.

> >

> > Possible squad composition:

> > Sub 1: Chrono, PS warrior (both banners), Druid (GotL), 2 DPS;

> > Sub 2: FB, DPS-ranger (spirit upkeep), 3 DPS

> >

> >

>

> HEY Grimheart, quick note you could add a sigil of life or bounty.

>

> From Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

No thanks. Using stacking sigils in raiding enviroment is the definition of terrible. They're for slightly scummy WvW roamers and that's about it.

> @Grimheart.2853 said:

> > > @Grimheart.2853 said:

> > > Just wanted to drop off some research notes to store somewhere.

> > >

> > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJASWnsADNCjFBD2CBEEhlHCDLAUBySZvn5TGYfemPDoA-jxxGQB56SAQQlfk7IA6Con6Pmb/BA8AAmoSwAAIA/8n5zfG4n/8n/8n/sr7zf+zf+zf+zf+zfWKAAXpB-e

> > >

> > > A very crude and unrefined theoretic attempt at making a PvE focused support firebrand to offer a somewhat viable alternative to a regular squad composition.

> > >

> > > General roles: boss tanking (where necessary), healing, quickness, regen and protection uptime, moderate might uptime, moderate condi cleanse.

> > >

> > > Staff for healing and might stacking. Hammer for might stacking (fire blasting) and bonus protection uptime. Mace/Shield seemed unnecessary due to protection and regen being already covered, as well as not providing any healing (since "Pure of Heart" i not present in the build).

> > >

> > > Some quick golem solo test results in an intended enviroment (no alacrity) with slightly inferior boon duration (~85%):

> > > Build manages permanent quickness uptime, permanent regeneration uptime, highly possible permanent protection (Needs a tiny bit more micromanaging), ~20-23 might stacks uptime with hammer fire field blasts. Having alacrity allows to upkeep all 25 might stacks, but it's not intended to be present in FB's subgroup.

> > >

> > > The build should (and kinda must) pull off the healing role in a raid squad subgroup, but I do not have a squad to test the healing values and general effectiveness in the field.

> > >

> > > Possible alternations to the build:

> > > Solid quickness uptime may allow to swap healing mantra for "Recieve The Light!" in order to achieve better group healing. Not tested, so not sure how exactly that may reflect on said quickness.

> > > Can trait back "Pure of Heart" Instead of "Honorable Staff", and take back mace/shield instead of hammer for higher healing potential, but possibly at a huge cost to might uptime, as well as rather minor general boon uptime. Not tested as well.

> > > Could attempt to fiddle with stats and swap minstrel's gear for harrier's (at a rather high cost of raw healing power with nigh useless power damage stat) (maybe a harrier's/magi mix), to try and free some space for monk runes, rice kitten and "Pure of Heart". Again, no tests and no idea what results it may yield in terms of healing values. A quick look into the build editor suggets it's a rather bad idea.

> > >

> > > Possible squad composition:

> > > Sub 1: Chrono, PS warrior (both banners), Druid (GotL), 2 DPS;

> > > Sub 2: FB, DPS-ranger (spirit upkeep), 3 DPS

> > >

> > >

> >

> > HEY Grimheart, quick note you could add a sigil of life or bounty.

> >

> > From Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> No thanks. Using stacking sigils in raiding enviroment is the definition of terrible. They're for slightly scummy WvW roamers and that's about it.

>

/Smiles I am one of those scummy WvW folks, it's cool I am fine with that term... I guess in raids you don't get time to stack and you loose them when downed. So therefore they aren't so vital. If your good at WvW they are very worthwhile and definitely help with a groups survival.

/wink thanks for teaching a raid noob like me about the finer reasonings behind what to use and not in that game mode. Many thanks Grimheart. Have a great day gaming bud, from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

Hey all with the recent changes to condition damage Firebrand, has anyone come up with any other builds that might also be fun to play?

Cheers from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

I also wanted to say thanks to my fellow Firebrands who may have watched my video, 1500 views that seems crazy to me as I have less than five subs. I am grateful for all the support. I had a lot of fun making my first ever you tube video.

We have a slight lull in builds coming in at the moment. Any having success with a build they would like to share? Support, condition, power, hybrid damage or even support power or condition builds are all welcome. Lets all try out some odd builds as well to see if they work.

Cheers from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42

Any builds, theories, ideas or questions at all folks? I am more than happy to help out anyone who replies.

> We have a slight lull in builds coming in at the moment. Any having success with a build they would like to share? Support, condition, power, hybrid damage or even support power or condition builds are all welcome. Lets all try out some odd builds as well to see if they work.

>

> Cheers from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42

> Any builds, theories, ideas or questions at all folks? I am more than happy to help out anyone who replies.

>

>

Still no more Firebrand or Guardian builds? Even information on updates or issues might assist others in playing their new elite. Any help or discussion would be much appreciated. From Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

WVW build. Firebrand skirmisher/ front line. Please help me out here. Moving from AH front liner to this.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVEQNAneSn8ABlDhVDBOCDkCjlGCbPf2PHoYTgIwI4aYtlCAA-j1xHABA8EAmTJYiq/skyP30Hk/pAAl9HaHcAsUlq0SBWaplWaplaAlWaplWaplWaplCA-w

Full celestial armor; running mercy runes for fast support rezzing for the time being (aim would be durability runes). Axe/shield and Hammer. I run receive the light, judges intervention, smite condition, mantra of lore, mantra of liberation

Was an AH frontliner since literally day one- Old build had two stabs and an invuln; this has 3 stabs.

I gain not having to run SYG, and I get meditations vs shouts so they heal and grant fury to my allies.

the only caveat is mobility when Judges is on cool down.

Thoughts or suggestions? Feels good and skirmishy.... but wildly different than my AH past.